Sign in to follow this  
Overdosed

Cant set textures more than NORMAL

Hello

I installed the game and in display settings under advanced, i cant set textures more than normal. There is no high or very high option. But i read some people can set high or very high??? What is wrong? My PC is P4 3000MHz, 2GB RAM, GF 7600GS, Win XP. Every other option i can set normally, from very low to very high. help.gif

if you have 128mb graphics memory then the game only shows up to normal. You can change this under My Documents\ArmA in arma.cfg or yorname.armaprofile . Open with notepad and change this "localVRAM=512..." or this TexQuality=2 or 3 and save

I didn't know that textures could go higher than normal wow_o.gif Surely if your PC limits this though its for the good of your FPS?

Yes even if i set my graphics higher than Normal on my 512mb card my memory overloads and the pc crashes and restarts... :S

on 1.00 i have high and very high settings available for all options and can set everything to it's highest point and not have 1 bit of frame lag.

i'm using a amd 3500 (2.2ghz) with 2gig ram and dual nvidia 700gt's

I can go 'high' or 'highest' but don't notice anything worthwhile different!?!?!?