Sign in to follow this  
Varry

setting units as prisoners

Can anyone help me how to set units to be prisoners? Like west soldiers to be prisoners of eastern soldiers. Ad be freed by other western trooops?

I don't know about scripting, apart from ading some stuff in the init line of a unit....

Thx alot,

Greetz,

thx, but how do i use that command in the init line?

Is it possible to have the unit with his hands on his head (saw that in the "arma jihad" video?

is this ok;

this setcaptive true; this removeallweapons true;

any help plz.. I really would appreciate it.

To get the unit to put his hands on his head make a trigger, and in activation line type:

unit switchmove "TestSurrender";

*note that once in this animation the unit becomes 'stuck'*

check HERE for a complete list of animations in ArmA.

thx like you say, the unti becomes stuck and invincible! although i saw in a video arma jihad

units with thier hnds on their heads being executed pistols.gif. as for my init line above, can someone please tell me what's wrong with it?

Greetz

is this ok;

this setcaptive true; this removeallweapons true;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeallweapons this; this setcaptive true

And you can use the animation:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unit switchmove "TestSurrender"

Just break it with <span style='color:blue'>unit switchmove ""</span> if the guy is dead, like:

Condition: <span style='color:blue'>! (alive unit)</span> in a trigger.

Wright? smile_o.gif

i tryed something of the same but but the wee swine kept running away.

i got round it by doing this

select the soldier and give him a name something like soldier1 or whatever you want

in his init line i put this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeallweapons this; this setcaptive true

i then placed a trigger on him and in the Activation Field i placed  

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soldier1 switchmove "TestSurrender" 

i then grouped the trigger to the soldier F2 hold  down and drag  from soldier to trigger

he will now stand there with his hands on his head

hope that helps out someone

TestSurrender doesn't work in MP 1.05??

edit: nevermind, fixed the problem, typo smile_o.gif

is this for a SP mission?

If yes then write in a trigger (activation est or west) name setcaptive true; name setcaptive false; and so on.

Should the prisoniers flee anytime in the mission you make anoter triggers around the jail with this in it -> name setcaptive false; and so on

Other way is you set west totaly friendly to east with west setfriend [east,1]; east setfriend [west,1];

But remember by this way east and west are friends and dont fight wink_o.gif

name is the name of the prisoners unit wink_o.gif