Sign in to follow this  
DecimusAquila

Engine off in Arma?

Salute all,

Please could anyone give me the command(s) in editor mode to switch off vehicle engines. Vehicles like trucks jeeps heli's and so on.

I used to think it was ... vehicle engineOff... in the activation part...but unfortunatly, it did not work.

Thankyou.

this engineOn false;

smile_o.gif

And to set it on again this engineOn true;

You may experience that the driver will turn his engine on again after some time. I would advise you to create a script with a loop to turn it off repeatedly. But there are other more elegant and complicated methods.

this engineOn false;

smile_o.gif

And to set it on again this engineOn true;

You may experience that the driver will turn his engine on again after some time. I would advise you to create a script with a loop to turn it off repeatedly. But there are other more elegant and complicated methods.

Thankyou for your reply, most appreciated. smile_o.gif I am not good at script at all, but I hope one day to learn.

If you got a pedalhappy AI in the vehicle you can simply remove the fuel of the vehicle to make it stop it´s engine.

nameofyourvehicle setfuel 0

You can "refuel" your vehicle when needed via trigger or script

by using

nameofyourvehicle setfuel 1

in OnActivation field once your needed conditions are met, for example radio alpha.

I tried the setfuel thing and the AI hoped out of the chopper. ?

Ill try the other method instead.

I tried the setfuel thing and the AI hoped out of the chopper. ?

Ill try the other method instead.

No use sitting in a bullet magnet if it can't move. There are better ways of stopping AI from starting their engines.

How Kyle? Id like to know that one for the databanks.

I used the setfuel on OFP and it worked great. Guess you cant do that in ArmA.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addEventhandler ["engine",{if(isEngineOn (_this select 0))then{(_this select 0) engineOn false}}];

If you absolutely must force them to not start it, otherwise you can just prevent them from needing to start it with doStop, disableAI "move", etc...

My chopper is landing at the base and must turn off engine after landing. The gunners leave their positions and get in as cargo after adding fuel back.

I tested engineOn False with a trigger and script and did not work.

Can anyone confirm this (OFF) command is working?

You don't need to use it if you use the land command (AI will automatically shut engines off after landing). But yes it should work for AI chopper pilots, for players however it seems it does not work on choppers (only choppers though, everything else works for players too).

You don't need to use it if you use the land command (AI will automatically shut engines off after landing). But yes it should work for AI chopper pilots, for players however it seems it does not work on choppers (only choppers though, everything else works for players too).

It seems you need to remove the eventHandler for the engine on that unit to make it turn the engine back on ever. confused_o.gif

doing in a trigger or something:

unit engineOn true; doesn't work.

It seems you need to remove the eventHandler for the engine on that unit to make it turn the engine back on ever.  confused_o.gif

doing in a trigger or something:

unit engineOn true; doesn't work.

I know, to get it to work you just remove the eventhandler.

However, this seems not to work properly in MP... mad_o.gif

However, this seems not to work properly in MP...  mad_o.gif

Sure it does, just make sure you remove it for all clients.

Sure it does, just make sure you remove it for all clients.

Yep, I'm sure, I'm doing it via a trigger...

triggers should be local to all clients as far as I know.

Chopper-pilots start engine, hovering, WHY bis WHY?

Not ever in a normal situation would a pilot do such a thing!

Vehicle-drivers

Oh yes, I'm so silent, I'm having my engine on because I'm cold...

rtards if you ask me.