Sign in to follow this  
My_Shortcoming

"Blood Sweat & Tears" Bug

An amazing mission that comes with the UK version of the game, If you choose to not drive the truck into the town and go into the bedroom you can pick up a sniper rifle. However, if you die and auto load back to that point the weapon is invisible, you can pick it up and fire it but you see no gun in your hands and when you look through the scope you are just zoomed with nothing there, but you can still fire, just cant aim lol.

Simple bug and awesome mission so far but DAM veteran mode is hard. nener.gif

Had the same problem. The contact actually directs you upstairs to get the rifle but I'm holding air.

Amusingly, as I ambushed the truck and killed the four occupants, I think one of them tried a 'nade but blew up the truck and himself. The truck was on fire and I got 'OBJECTIVE COMPLETE'. The contact went to drive the truck which was on fire, walked through it, hung around and walked off. Had to restart.

I had the same bug, but on a different mission. I was swimming across some water, and when I reached land I noticed I had absolutely no weapons, nothing at all in my inventory. I assume I experienced the infamous bug where you lose your weapons at some point while swimming in the water. So anyway, I needed a weapon fast. I saw a corpse with a M4 ACOG, so I took it, saved the game, got killed by a T-72. Reloaded the game to just after I pickup the M4 ACOG, and when it loaded, my M4 was invisible, but it was still there and working. 2 bugs in one mission, I guess I'm just that lucky!

I was swimming across some water, and when I reached land I noticed I had absolutely no weapons, nothing at all in my inventory. I assume I experienced the infamous bug where you lose your weapons at some point while swimming in the water.

Thats not a bug, thats ment to happen. Even says in the manual 'You may not be fast ands its possible you will lose some of your equipment, but at least you can handle getting back to shore after you've parachuted into the ocean.'

The other bugs I havn't noticed yet. Although I used the 4x4 to block the road, and when I opened fire on the truck, it hit the car, stopped, and just sat there as I stood in front of it, picking off its crew one by one. You would have thought they'd get out, but anyway. Its a great mission so far, much better than any of the others in the campaign or SP. Still havn't quite finished it yet.

Oh, also, the briefing does not go to the next page, so you cannot see your last 2 objectives. Anyone else notice this?

What is more annoying is the CTD when the harrier flys over in a cutscene later on.

I manged to get through it once and chose the special ops guy to carry on.

The harrier bombs the town, then you get a bit of rubbish dialogue 'say hello devil' (what the hell is that supposed to mean?). Then the cutsene just stops.

i also have this bug when i go into the bedroom to get the gun i can pick it up but i can not see it the man has is arms like his holding it and i can shoot etc but cannot see it. also i noticed in the cut scene a man in it has a 2d gun?

i also have same prob.same in the mission where u av to stop thje convoy.....no gun....all i can c is the pistol.....arm the snr or whatever its called......left holding a bag of wind

its cool though.....paid £25 for a glorified demo......usally pay £5.99 for a mag and a demo.....wish i had a strategy plan for making money

ffs...

What is more annoying is the CTD when the harrier flys over in a cutscene later on.

I manged to get through it once and chose the special ops guy to carry on.

The harrier bombs the town, then you get a bit of rubbish dialogue 'say hello devil' (what the hell is that supposed to mean?). Then the cutsene just stops.

I have the same issues...the ghost weapon and after "say hello to devil" the game continues, you can fire up some grunts but after some SECONDS a cutscene will apear showing a AA soldier getting down your Black Hawk, so, being saved from the crash, you and the co-pilot survive but before you can do ANYTHING, another cutscene appears showing you a burned BlackHowk falling from the skyes directly to yours, so yo get smashed by it and guess what...you are death and the mission failed...no mather how far you run from the crash site....

Damn Bohemia and ArmA.

... the game continues, you can fire up some grunts but after some SECONDS a cutscene will apear ...

It depends ahow successful was harrier in bombarding Ixel base. In you case only few enemy soldiers survived, so mission continued.

... another cutscene appears showing you a burned BlackHowk falling from the skyes directly to yours ...

Hmm, it seems that one cutscene was executed twice.

this mission more than made up for the arma campaign in my eyes - an excellent and epic example of mission making - I spent an hour making why way through it, following the SF guy, then the grunt and then finally the SF for the chopper part

I cant wait to play it again following the grunt through the last part

I got to the part with the specops character where the harrier bombed the enemy base, and then the character runs off somewhere, camera pans to some scenery, sounds of vehicles driving around... and nothing happens. After a few minutes, the view fades to black, and sound continues, and nothing happens.

Hi, first post around here, but I get this just before i jump into the helicopter to use the mingun and then i get an unending burned out chopper landing on my crashed chopper killing me continuously huh.gif and i get this text staying in the corner of the screen all the time, any ideas, pic below. Just to add, when I took the pic, the screen just went black, I can normally see the whole game when that error text shows but it just so happened when i took screenie the screen went black sad_o.gif

The problems seem to start whe the airport has been taken iover and the blackhawks come into land 3 of them, 1 of them crashes then the harriers come over and the text appears and then the game starts to screw up.

arma bug.JPG

Okay. After loading my savegames for the 6th time(saved it, when choppers came to the airfield), I saw the "right" cutscene - chopper landed, and SpecOp boarded it. BTW, in the "right" cutscene, Harrier destroyed the back side of the base. So, all of the troops survived.

Then I had some fun with minigun, and i was shut down. I hid myself and the pilot in the church ruins. Popped some opfors. Then heard gunshots, went out, sow the "rescue" team by the chopper wreck. Went there. And?

The mission should end according to the briefing. Why doesn't it? Guess I have to reload 6 times again icon_rolleyes.gif

And the base attack with the grunt? Attacked the base, SpecOp was shot down. Why the hell does my officer run towards our field base and send us to rescue, while noticing AA infantry (enemy) about 30 metres away from him, 2kliks away form us, tell US to whack that sucker?

Of course the squad just ran around a bit and then objective appears (yellow box) to go back to enemy base (pilot and SpecOp don't follow, by the way).

Okay, thought maybe well be picked up, but now. Just stand there, and listen to: "3:Ready/3: Waiting".

Gaaa... I'm losing my mind with this.

typos

Guest Ti0n3r

I just love this mission! It has everything that the CWC campaign missions had inlove.gif

Just too bad about the sniper bug O.o

Had a different problem myself. I failed the first part where you have to stop the truck and get the uniforms. I guess I was too slow. I then got to choose between the two soldiers, I chose the same one that I started with (Mike?).

I went on to Masbete and killed everyone there (thank BIS for the save game option). I then got another movie where two M113's head off towards Pita (I think).

Next thing I know, I'm reincarnated as a civilian on the island Antigua, in the northeast of the map. Nothing there except a blackhawk wreck, a couple of sheds and a water tower. And a message warning me that I have left the area of operations.

I guess I could try swimming to the mainland, but I can hardly believe this is the way BIS meant it...  crazy_o.gif

For me, the missing-weapon bug occurs during the mission where you've been shot down in the Blackhawk and are trying to hold off the enemy searchers. Well-nigh impossible to finish - can't go and retrieve weapons off the dead enemy 'cos I'm warned I'm leaving the area (which I would've thought was pretty high on my agenda...)!

I also have the bug that won't let this mission to finish. I hide into the church and blast off anyone who comes around to take a peak. After a while the chopper lands and the friendly troops come to the church killing enemy soldiers along the way that made it to their base. When they make it to the church the troops just stand there for a while and then start heading back north leaving me and the pilot behind. They never even go all the way to the downed chopper.

At one try those troops just stood in the church while their team leader kept shouting "attack that officer" (there were no enemy troops left anywhere, believe me I checked). I've tried many different ways to complete this mission: gung-ho attack to the attacking enemies, hiding without killing anyone, attacking their base once they made it back there. At one try an elderly looking officer was standing in the enemy base after those airborne troops had again left towards north, but he just stood there and gazed at me vaguely.

Any ideas on how to fix this? banghead.gif

Also I have the ghost gun bug at the beginning of the mission (and also in one campaign mission).

Mission should end when most of enemy soldiers are dead (3 or 4 can alive). They probably fled away (which is weird, because they were not allowed to - allowfleeing 0).

Next patch (tomorrow?) could fix it.

how did you guys get so far?

It seems like i could only have one save and that's it.

I start off after getting the uniforms, and after that, take a bike to the town of masbete. Once the fighting starts i take a save.

In the scene after that, where we have to capture the airfield, i cant save anymore.

The AI is already equipped with heat-seeking vision as it is and all these loading from wayyy back in the scene is frustrating.

Do you guys get this one-intentional-save-only thing too?

I'm playing with Regular - unlimited saves. Don't remember, though, how many saves are allowed for Veteran.

Only one save pos is allowed for Veteran status.

oh snap. That explains everything. Thanks for clarifying!

how can people love this mission? sure it's well build and all, better than campaign and gives you good CWC feel, but besides that, it STINKS!

this mission should really have been cut up in at least 2 or 3 separate missions. because now the sheer size of the mission makes all kinds of triggers and stuff go wrong, it makes the mission slower (more units to load) and more complex to build. keep it simple, just make it a small mini-campaign of 3 missions!

then, the mission is totally unrealistic in the way that it takes like dozens of times trying to complete this. okay, i may not be that good a player. but in big assaults, lots depend on how the forces are balanced. when attacking the airfield, i cannot help my the M113's being shot to pieces by a single BMP2 because those stupid teammates who carry the AT cannot take the damn thing out. also AI still seems to make 1 shot kills all the time. stupid shit. well planned attacks by US military take minimal casualties, taking on a force that is simply put TOO strong is far, far unrealistic. mission designers should know that.

and about that sniper gun bug, i got something similar, when i reload the gun has a muzzle flash in the scope. confused_o.gif

anyway... stupid mission

i just tried this mission myself, and man was i blown away!

how come this mission so greatly resembles the classic Flashpoint campaign while the rest of the ArmA missions seem so lifeless and uninspired? no way this mission was created by the person responsible for the ArmA campaign.

i love this mission, i want more of it!

BTW: i haven't finished it yet, i managed to get through the first part with the SpecOps guy and then continued with the grunt, but i got killed by a T-72. but i'm looking forward to trying it again. this rocks. smile_o.gif