Sign in to follow this  
Jingle

Fast Roping? Is it possible in ARMA

Just a query/request would it be possible to convert the BAS Fast Rope Script for use with the UH 60 in arma..

Just a query/request would it be possible to convert the BAS Fast Rope Script for use with the UH 60 in arma..

Why convert? There are better ways to do it in ArmA than with the BAS method, so it'd be better just to write a new one. Besides, BAS's 'script' wasn't a stand alone script, it was part of an addon that required special models, animations, configs, etc...

There is a script at ofpec which doesn't require an addon but is done with a drop command. It looks not bad.

OFPEC Rope script

A very nice script but crashes ARMA when first squad member hits the ground, but I think with some twinking it may work ok.

A very nice script but crashes ARMA when first squad member hits the ground, but I think with some twinking it may work ok.

I had the same problem when I tried it a while back. I never attempted to "fix" it, since I have zero scripting skills (well maybe 0.01% scripting skill smile_o.gif)

my fault I posted the only link I had. But to fix the problem...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_ThisUnit switchMove "LadderDownBase"

;_ThisUnit switchMove ""

with

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

;_ThisUnit switchMove "LadderDownBase"

_ThisUnit switchMove ""

I think this solved the problem.

Thx man that solved the issue.

Can see some Blackhawk Down type missions being made with this script hehe.

Looks good but...

All units will be damaged if they hit the ground.

They all have bloody legs wink_o.gif

Additional:

Is there not a lil smaller rope???

Regards,

Mr-Murray

just get there damage before they attach to rope and then add it back to them when they hit the ground smile_o.gif

that way anyone bleeding before they rapel will be bleeding afterwards and anyone healthy will still be healthy wink_o.gif this way the rope is not a medic too smile_o.gif

ok, this script does nothing for me. when i run the demo, all i see is a helo in a circle pattern???

i saw that, but how do i radio that? when i hit M for map to get to the radio, the map does not appear. infact, my key commands dont pull anything up yet all my other missions work.

is there another way to execute the command, maybe that i dont know of?

Just hit 0 0 1 without entering the map. They radio will appear in your top right corner. Well, not the radio itself but the commands.

You hit 0 then 0 then 1. Use the number keys on the top row sometimes people have thier num key pad used for other things.

i am still working on it ,have some other priorities.

to do

bigger space between rapellers and pos of man to rope .

shoudnt be long .prolly friday (i am not good at predicitons).

update

i mean the one that was posted earlier in the thread, the one that was for OFP. I think it can b used for arma aswell but i dunno how 2 install it.

I have managed to get the demo working, i think i have installed it correctly, but, how do i get it working in editor for my own missions?