Sign in to follow this  
galbaldy

SP demo on the back burner?

I'm assuming BIS is working primarily on the 505 update right now, but is it reasonable assume that the SP demo will released after that?

I cant really see why they would be bothered with a SP demo, especially so close to the EU release.

SP can already be demonstrated in the the MP demo by playing the CO-OP with AI only anyway. wink_o.gif

They'll probably release one after the 505 version is out. For Flashoint I think both SP and MP demos were out by release, but they continued to support the demos (patch it to latest versions), so I'm sure they will support demos for AA as well, if only to get AA back in the news pages of magazines after its release.

I cant really see why they would be bothered with a SP demo, especially so close to the EU release.

SP can already be demonstrated in the the MP demo by playing the CO-OP with AI only anyway.  wink_o.gif

I think they will. The mp demo maps are not very sp friendly. That and it's not so obvious that you'd download an mp demo to play alone.

SP can already be demonstrated in the the MP demo by playing the CO-OP with AI only anyway. wink_o.gif

You know that's not a substitute for the real thing.

We need a mission like "ambush" from the original OFP demo.

The quality of that particular mission is what drew a lot of people to OFP in the first place.

Yeah except most people who play a single-player map, at least want a chance at completing that mission. The only way you could complete it by yourself is to keep the AI and just respawn as them each time you get killed. And that's not how the game is meant to be played...

The quality of that particular mission is what drew a lot of people to OFP in the first place.

This is what drew me to ofp, I remember playing that demo mission over and over before I went out and bought the full version.

The cut scenes, diologue, buildup before the battle, the mission ending.... Arma could do with a demo like this.

This is what drew me to ofp, I remember playing that demo mission over and over before I went out and bought the full version.

The cut scenes, diologue, buildup before the battle, the mission ending.... Arma could do with a demo like this.

Unfortunately.. it seems that BIS did not make a lot of quality SP missions in ArmA (or so has been reported by the community)...

OFP's campaigns + single player missions were FANTASTIC... i just wish ArmA's measured up sad_o.gif But i'll make my own judgement when i buy the game =)

"Yeah except most people who play a single-player map, at least want a chance at completing that mission. The only way you could complete it by yourself is to keep the AI and just respawn as them  each time you get killed. And that's not how the game is meant to be played..."

Thats not an excuse Mabes wink_o.gif, i can finish the co-op losing only 1 person, It is not an easy mission but it is possible to complete it (if you use the correct tactics and dont assign the LAW's to your trigger happy AI "oh look theirs a soldier , RPG him!! Oh shit now theres a BDRM.... bang bang ... man down lol wink_o.gif )

I think the demo Co-op is more than sufficient for demonstrating the single payer aspect of Arma.

I am a little miffed that the assign command never made it into the demo build its bloody frustrating not being able to group your team.

I think the demo Co-op is more than sufficient for demonstrating the single payer aspect of Arma.

I am a little miffed that the assign command never made it into the demo build its bloody frustrating not being able to group your team.

I don't think so, it's such a basic mission with a bunch of enemies just thrown in. You clear the town, that's it. It hardly shows anything from the game. It's not a proper single player mission, it has none of the atmosphere that a single player mission should have. It's not even fun at all unless you are playing with people.

Remember that the demo isn't for the ArmA fans, it's to attract new people to the game.

Also, the 5116 patch added the assign command into the demo. It said so in the readme, I haven't tried it myself though.

Quote[/b] ] It's not a proper single player mission, it has none of the atmosphere that a single player mission should have.

I can say the same about the "proper" SP missions of ARMA.

The campaign is a great example.

Well it would be nice if we got some kind of sp demo. Considering for the N. American release we gotta twiddle our thumbs till May. Prolly see another delay after that. ;0(

I can say the same about the "proper" SP missions of ARMA.

The campaign is a great example.

Maybe it will be improved a bit for the 505 release. Reading the comments like that does disappoint me a bit.

Even if the missions suck, at least the modding side of the game will be great. I never played the original OFP missions that much anyway. Hell, I never finished the Resistance campaign (though I hope to when the Resistance Rearmed project is released).

Multiplayer will still rock though biggrin_o.gif .