Sign in to follow this  
StryDa

Create Object

How could i create a GBU bomb about 50m in the air. i can do setpos getpos but i don't know how to create an object.

Thanks,

StryDa

You need createVehicle to make the bomb.  Plus you need the bomb type, which for a GBU is "Bo_GBU12_LGB".  You can find other weapon types at

Wiki Weapon Types.

So, to create the bomb 50 meters in the air, it'd be something like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

bombPos = getPos target

bomb = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" CreateVehicle [bombPos select 0,bombPos select 1,50]

Quote[/b] ]how do i get this to work?

Create a game logic, called "target", and then use the code KaRRiLLioN gave you.

Do this a few times over, and then you get something like this:

(actually, this was done with a script)

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=326><PARAM NAME=MOVIE VALUE=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6113126730697770456&hl=en-CA><PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=HIGH><EMBED SRC=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6113126730697770456&hl=en-CA WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=326 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED></OBJECT>

...a bit laggy, but heck, there were a few hundred bombs exploding... wink_o.gif

Nice... can you make the bombs invisible ?

Yes, you could use the ied script. Thanks for that Kronzky! looks wicked.

Here EricM

I still don't get where this goes

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">bombPos = getPos target

bomb = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" CreateVehicle [bombPos select 0,bombPos select 1,50]

its giving errors for a missing, ';'

Edit: sorted Never mind. Thanks for help guys!

StryDa

Since a few people emailed me regarding the carpet bombing script, I've posted it on my site.

It's not really a bombing script per se, but something I use whenever I need to place LOTS of things somewhere. It covers a marker-defined area either with a "grid" of objects (like in the bombing run on Paraiso) or it puts a defined number of objects into that area at random positions.

In this case Rahmadi was first flattened via some carpet bombing, and then a dual wall was erected along a different marker:

exrahmadi.jpg

Yes thanks for that Kronzky. That script is brilliant.

Made ALOt of urals over a large area

Screen

Then blew them up (Massive Lag for a few mins.

Screen

After

Screen

Don't know why you can't see urals on bottom screen... must be too many. And i have view distance on 10000 so i don't know why :S.

HEHE.... biggrin_o.gif Yeah - that definitely qualifies as A LOT...

I wonder who dares first to put a marker over all of Saraiso, to then blow up the whole island!

Not me, though!... wink_o.gif

how many urals does it out ever metre? could work out how many urals i had :P