Sign in to follow this  
Hagis

SP Missions? Campaigns?

Hello everybody

I'm a OFP and (now ARMA) fan since it was relesed. We all know that was also bugged at the begining(just like ArmA) but community started creating missions and campaigns from the begining. I don't even say a word about great "buildet in" campaign - that gives a lot of fun)

I'm watching this forum for a long time and I see that community is sleeping or maby tired. Every day I hope to see some new missions (and if God gives - campaign) but unfortunatly...

I understand that we are living in a online gaming time but...

I don't do the missions myself for two reasons - no time and no skills smile_o.gif

And when i got time i would like to play some new great missions...

ArmA campaign is short, boring and with bugs.

One relesed by community campaign( that I know) is full of bugs also, so it's unplayable. There is FEW missions but they are for a short time of fun.

And my question - Did I missing something? Maybe there are missions and campaigns relesed on the web?

or maybe no one beside me is intrested huh.gif

Every day we get new addons but no new missions.

I looks like in OFP - THOUSANDS of useless addons but not according to it number of missions and campaigns (that uses this addons)

regards, and looking forward for a new campaigns and missions from the all tallented missionmakers

Hagis

Did you try Bardosy's campaign? It's not completed yet, but at least gives you some campaign play. I agree with you that there aren't many SP missions.

I'm working on a campaign at the moment, but campaigns take a lot of time (~10 missions is a lot of work, especially if you add cutscenes) so expect some to be released in weeks/months.

Until that time, try whatever SP missions are released on the forums and hope that mission/campaign development goes smooth smile_o.gif.

I'm counting on it.

I post some complains becouse it is... about 2 months since Arma was relesed.

I test almost every sp mission posted here and I must say they are mostly superb, but so short smile_o.gif

Anyway - Im waiting for big SP missions !!!BUM!!!

Hagis

Im currently making a campaign of about 15-20 missions, 4 of which are completed (minus cutscenes - but they arn't too important for the storyline. All dialogues happen ingame and each briefing has a 'current situation' section).

It's based on the ArmA campaign, but from the eyes of an 'east' special forces guy. It starts a few days before the ArmA campaign is set, and ends a week or too after it finishes, with plenty of variating and original missions, including a few campaign-altering decisions.

Should be done in maybe a months time, maybe less. At the moment there are a few important commands that I need, that I hope will be fixed with the next patch (such as the setunitpos command)

Also, remember that a lot of mission editiors may be waiting for the 505 release, so a boom in mission designing may happen in a couple of weeks. From the posts in the general section, it seems like many people are simply refusing to touch ArmA til another patch is released.

Saok - great missions - not easy smile_o.gif, and great link - thx

Greg 147 - looking forward - it seems that will be hell good campaign biggrin_o.gif.

I'm sure youre right about 505 release. we got Arma only in... 4 countries (Cz, Ger, Pol, Ru)? and few customers by web. Let's hope that will bring us new campaigns and what's more important-Patch .

Hagis

I agree to hagis. ArmA is out now only in 4 countries and ArmA is still a bit buggy even with patch 1.02. I think many mappers wait for the 505er release and the comming 3rd patch (like me) .

I self want to start a campaign since few days but I say to me self "No wait till to the next big patch, you dont know what all changed " If many things changed and fixed then much situations will be other be as in 1.02 and then the mappers have double work wink_o.gif .

I think many wait for the next patch (or should I say the real 1.0 lol ) and if its out then will be startet the great campaign an map offensive wink_o.gif .

Every day we get new addons but no new missions.

I looks like in OFP - THOUSANDS of useless addons but not according to it number of missions and campaigns (that uses this addons)

I agree with you!

There were some superb Islands/Addons in OFP that were never used in missions.

Pity we don't have a legend mission making wizard like Hayabusa from BF2. He will make about 2 to 3 missions per month but then again...no cutscenes are added! I can't wait until I'm retired to take up the challenges of mission making!

I'll exercise my mind rather than exercising my aching body!

I guess one of the reasons why there are no real big SP missions and high fidelity campaigns out is that mission makers currently wait for a major Arma patch before they seriously start editing. Right now there are just too many flaws and if a major patch kicks in some of the missions could become obsolete or not fully working.

At least that´s my reasons not to continue editing those missions I have already started to make. I´m waiting for the patch to reinstall Arma and finally get the deal running.

Working on campaign and mission editing is not a problem in the current state of ArmA in my opinion. A patch probably won't hurt your mission much, or it would take about 15-30 minutes max. to fix it. That is if it's even necessary, probably not.

The only thing is that you might spend 10 minutes doing something and after the patch (because of new commands etc) this would take 5 minutes.

But that's my view on it, good missions and campaigns take time to make though and I got the German version plus I started doing MP missions first. After that I started editing / MP missions as a mix. Both take time.

Quote[/b] ]But that's my view on it

Exactly. I´ve done about 150 SP and coop missions for OFP and what I definately do know is that missions with scripts always needed a lot of rework when a patch was applied. As there is a major overhaul of AI patterns and lots of other things for the 505 release I bet that any mission that goes a bit of the regular, boom , bang, win will have to be transported and fixed for the new version.

That´s not wild guessing, that´s how it always was.

I just can't wait until someone gets a dynamic campaign, as was made for OFP.

The best part of those was building up your reserves of equipment/vehicles to use in further missions. It actually felt as if you achieved something, especially if you managed to salvage a damaged vehicle, fix it and add it to your weapons stash.

Most SP mission i have dl'ed for ofp and arma, have been either predictable or try to overuse KooL objects/weapons.

Oh, IMHO many SP cutscenes make me want to poke my eyes out.

Sorry if i'm rambling, not slept for 72hrs or so.

The PMC(?) Arma campaign is quite fun, if a bit problematic in places.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Rgds

LoK

I could not agree more. Building up your equipment reserves weapons and ammo was very imersive. one of the often overlooked little things that makes all the differance.

Not slept in 72 hours? Thats never good. Thats about the point you'll black out, I was pushing my 4th day without any sleep once and the lights simply went out. Just that fast.

Yep... Game is maybe out 2 months, but only for a very small part of the World...

We probably have a lot coming in after 505 + Patch Release smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]One relesed by community campaign( that I know) is full of bugs also, so it's unplayable.

Unplayable?

You are free to post bug reports so any issues get fixed.

I don't do the missions myself for two reasons - no time and no skills :)

And when i got time i would like to play some new great missions...

That puts you in a weak position ...

Anyway, i also don't have time (but i borrow time, sleeping 5 hours per night in stead of a more healthier 7;) and i can't comment on my skills.

But, now and then i have inspiration. I have 2 more or less playable SP missions for download (see below). The Cobra mission is more a tech demo of pilot/gunner character switching. The Rescue mission i consider an atypical ArmA mission. No shooting but searching. I tried to incorporate some great aspects of ArmA a.o. the beautiful big island, the weather and the forrest.

I'd appreciate feedback in the respective topics.

The Convoy (SP Cobra mission)

The Rescue (SP Blackhawk search and rescue mission)