Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

Sheriff's Deputies

I finally learned how to use viewer, texview etc. and i quickly put this together today with some old textures i made, so yes, this is my first (FIRST) time textureing.  It's my idea for Sheriff's Deputies.  I'm sure most ppl don't care, but i know there's one or two who would be excited to see this.

sheriffdeputy2.jpg

sheriffdeputy.jpg

Nice looking progress. There aren't too many Law Enforcement units out there, most recent was part of Cameron McDonald's Civilian Face Plant pack. So this looks to be a great addition, I second that with NLB, along with Facetex2, the BIS faces have been converted by several addonmakers (as used in Hyk's US soldier pack) so that would definitely add some variety. Keep up the good work!

what's the difference between useing .jpg and .pac? right now these texture are jpg, but they look better. My strength isn't in characters, so u'll have to give me a link to the faces and instructions.

I'm leaving on a ship for 7 months without any internet on the 11th, so any quick tips and helpful links will be helpful if anybody even cares to see a final in august.

Hyk Soldiers and BIS faces

That's the link to the Hyk pack, inside you'll find several folders, for the BIS faces check out the HYK_BISfaces.pbo and the readme. I myself can't tell you how to add Llauma's heads onto your units, but I'm sure if you PM him or anyone of the following: Agent Smith, Llauma, Offtime, Registered Fugitive, Sputnik Monroe, Shadow NX, or The K-Man 3000 they can give you some directions or give you a tutorial. Hope it works out

Adding Llauma's heads isn't too hard just a matter of removing bis heads and replacing with the new head model and lining up and experimenting till it looks right, or you could use the Offtime's John Doe pack which already has a new head model, i used the pack extensively to create my Nogovan Light Infantry, should make it so much easier

yea, when i made these textures, i based them off hyk's textures, but the model i'm using is alot more different from his and it's makeing the mapping hard, so if anybody just so happens to have the basic human model hyk used, i'd appreciate a copy of it with hyk's permission.

i found a better human model that actually looks like a human, but on average, how many polys are in a human model cuz this one is really detailed. where do ppl say "f*ck this addon, too many polys and way too much lag"? i need to know asap plz cuz i'm leaving tomorrow night.

Average units vary from 1500 to 2500 faces.

They look good! Love seeing some more decent cop stuff thumbs-up.gif

what's the difference between useing .jpg and .pac? right now these texture are jpg, but they look better.

I believe there are performance issues with using JPG textures, not too sure though. Paa/Pac textures are considered to be the best option.

what's the difference between useing .jpg and .pac? right now these texture are jpg, but they look better.

I believe there are performance issues with using JPG textures, not too sure though. Paa/Pac textures are considered to be the best option.

Yes it's mainly performance. It is said that the quality of jpg is better but I think as long as you use a good converter, it won't make much of a difference.

I changed alot of things, and now this is what i have, a rough idea of what a real cop (technicaly Sheriff Deputy) in a big city would look like. I'm gonna work on this for the next 7 months and in the end, i hope to have two kinds of patrol deputies, a metro deputy, the Sheriff and high tech bad ass SWAT. The poly count is 3800. I might have the resources to make a police car.

Yucuta County Sheriff's Department

sheriffdeputy-1.jpg

sheriffdeputy2-1.jpg

human model by DLEM, not me.

Can you make the "Reno 911!" guys? I think they're the best sheriffs in the world.

Just joking....but your addon is progressing REALLY nicely. Good work! thumbs-up.gif

Abs

Is there anybody who will like to work together to complete this pack, cause i don't honestly know much about human models. My hands aren't even in line with the arms and the shoulders hunch. Maybe someone who has made swat units before and like cops??? They're looking better though, 5X better than anyother cops, i wish i could upload pics of them in game. They look pretty bad ass considering they're my first attempt to make ppl.

IIRC someone made a decent 2001 Crown Vic police car a few years back - can't remember who but it was pretty good - had a functioning siren and blue/red emergency lights as well - I'll see if I can track it down and post a URL - might go very well with your deputies.

Cheers,

the deputies will most likely use the crown vic's that he made.... textures are being worked on

As for the police car, i'm texturing that too and it is coming out great, 10X better than any other police car ever made for ofp.  I'm making SWAT too and they are 10X better than any other SWAT.  i wish i could post pics, but i can't right now.  But it doesn't matter and never will be release unless someone can "clean" up the addon cuz there is stuff i don't know how to do, like fix the placement of my hands.  It also needs scripts that are way out of my knowledge.

I'm not joking, the SWAT isn't finished, but it's already better than others as to my knowledge*

As for the police car, i'm texturing that too and it is coming out great, 10X better than any other police car ever made for ofp.  I'm making SWAT too and they are 10X better than any other SWAT.  i wish i could post pics, but i can't right now.  But it doesn't matter and never will be release unless someone can "clean" up the addon cuz there is stuff i don't know how to do, like fix the placement of my hands.  It also needs scripts that are way out of my knowledge.

I'm not joking, the SWAT isn't finished, but it's already better than others as to my knowledge*

Wait, so.. Are you Tex'ing the Crown Vic or is Devil gonna do it? huh.gif

You better not say better than any SWAT untill you release and a bunch of people agree tounge2.gif

Sgt. Eversmans SWAT rocked ass so badly.

If you beat him... Wow...

But yeah, all other OFP cops and copcars sucked.

You are right, i can not say they are better than Sgt. Eversmans only because i haven't release them yet. j/k Mine are very different from his, biggest thing is mine are not generic and specifically belong to a certian place. I would like it if he helped me though.

Yes, i am textureing a Crown Victoria P71 and to my knowledge is really, truly 200% better than anyother american cop car i have seen. before i post pictures of it, i want to have most of it done though.

How do you make transparent textures? Please bear with me, i've only started textureing yeserday.