Sign in to follow this  
remcen

IM:UC Release

This is the final IM:UC release for Operation Flashpoint.

release1al7.th.jpgrelease2sb8.th.jpg

release3im6.th.jpgrelease4xu7.th.jpg

release5um8.th.jpgrelease6ek3.th.jpg

The download includes:

- Saddam era government troops, both regular army units and republican guards (60+ different models overall). army units have JAM HD magazines by default and are a bit dumber than republican guards who have standard dispersion ammo. ORCS's russian weapon pack 4.0 and JAM3 required.

- Iraqi BMD-1 (beta) in desert and North Iraqi camo

- Iraqi BRDM-2 (beta) in plain khaki desert camo

- Iraqi MT-LB in desert and North Iraqi camo plus a SA-13 version

- a small island with completely new ground textures and objects (no 3rd party addons needed)

download - 173MB (thanks to Blackdog for providing his FTP)

readme

thanks in advance for any mirrors smile_o.gif

=========================

in order to anticipate questions about:

- updates of this pack

- ridiculously high texture resolution of the infantry

- the USSF troops

- ArmA projects

1st - we will not make substancial additions to this pack, e.g. group definitions, new units, etc. only bugs will be fixed.

2nd - i was also planning a medium resolution, but due to the lack of time i had to abandon that plan. so you've got to live with the hi-res version. as most of ppl are turning to ArmA they should have high-end machines anyway, so it's not that bad, isn't it...

3rd - as there are already a few good USSF addons i focused on the iraqi addons. if my timeframe allows for it, i'll finish the USSF pack soon.

4th - the mod itself will continue for ArmA and is always looking for members.

i myself neither have ArmA nor is my current computer able to handle it. so the future is open.

Wow, with my iraqi insurgent Pack, very nice. yay.gif

Downloading now

I already play ArmA for a while now but I`m still happy to see something of this mod... smile_o.gif

downloading now: thnx thumbs-up.gifxmas_o.gif

an eventual small update will definately contain:

- credits to ORCS for their hand model

- new fire effect for destroyed vehicles as shown in our A&M:D thread.

jeeez, how could i forget... goodnight.gif

sorry about that... my bad. weapon pack 4.0 is the latest and correct one.

This one

first post updated.

i'm download the addon in the morning, very very very nice.

i think my self in VBS1, rofl.gif , anyway Thanks for the Great Work.

but the Market Banners not good arabic Language, maybe some of them, if you want me to help you on the Market Banners, just send me PM.

looks good - too bad the T-series tanks you were working on weren't included - was looking forward to your Type-69 series - it looked solid !

Very nice ! Downloading now. whistle.gif

Will be your mod for ArmA ?

Amazing Island - perfect for Iran/Iraq or OIF missions - best one I have seen so far - your BMD and MT-LB have no burning scripts nor do they engage enemy forces - much like real-life I guess confused_o.gif

Other than that - great job - the infantry look amazing - although no ammo - just saw previous post - downloaded updated RF weapons pack

I've been looking forward to this day for months.

Thank You !!!

Thanks a lot! I have been waiting for this. yay.gif

Can anybody recoment any usa addons to be used whit this pack?

Quote[/b] ]Can anybody recoment any usa addons to be used whit this pack?

HYKS US pack has all the variants one could want. Its in the Addons complete as well.

I realised too late that i had a beta of this to test in my inbox.

-There are a lot of untexed LOD issues on the vehicles. Stick them in a row and zoom out.

-Are there no groups included or am I blind?

The soldiers are great though. Nice work. thumbs-up.gif

Just one bug to mention:

The simulation of firing the Gun73 is that of firing a missle.

But beautiful textures!!!

awesome work. the map is amazing, although the army base ends up under water in july (i think). that doesn't bother me though, the map is so good.

Wow! I am EXTREMELY impressed.

The map, while very small, has to be one of the finest Iraq maps ever made for OFP. The buildings and town layouts makes you feel like you're playing VBS-1 or something. All in all it is extremely professional with the buildings and the layout looking almost exactly like what you'd find in Iraq in a typical war-torn town. The agricultural projects for example was a nice touch as was the very realistic looking prison that is just begging for a "prison break" mission. smile_o.gif By the way...To keep the prison from being underwater, on the mission editor, set the month to January...there no more flooding. The tides in OFP are seasonal which is why the water levels change a little bit by the month.

The BMD's-1's gun system is a bit odd, although I suppose it is realistic as most people don't realize that the 73mm cannon is basically a big rocket launcher firing the same rocket as the SPG-9 recoilless rifle.

With that said, in real life, the rocket speed is a little faster then the projectile in this mod's BMD-1. Also the rocket shouldn't drop so much over a distance of only 200 meters or so. My biggest problem was that the rocket kept dropping short of the point I was aiming at. Also the AI take a long time to engage an enemy vehicle. They do engage, but they are very slow doing that. My mod's Iranian EE-9 Cascavel's made short work of them with their 90mm cannons if the BDM1's didn't have heavy protection from Iraqi RPG gunners. This might be because they are lacking a commander perhaps?

What really need now is a good Iraqi T-55, T-62, and T-72. Until then I'll have to settle with using the RHS tanks or older Iraqi tank addons.

At any rate, overall, I found the Iraqi units and the whole pack to be superbly done.

They really are excellent and this addon pack makes a wonderful New Years present to the OFP community.

I give it a BIG thumbs up!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Two small bugs I found while playing with your Iraqi infantry most of last night (and into early this morning) - the NCO's Makarov is in the slide locked position (empty) even when full - and the RPK gunners have no ammo to lay down suppressing fire.

Excellent troops though - very realistic and fun to use!

Cheers,

*Side note - the Iraqis rarely used the RPK-74 (if at all) - they used original RPK's and a licensed copy of the RPK - "Al-Quds" I believe there was also a folding stock version - I will see if I can track down a photo *

We understand about slight differences in the Iraqi arsenal but we only temp used the ORCS weapons pack as our own one which does include the Al Quds as well as many other versions of Iraqi made weapons etc have not been finished and will be at a later date but most probably for ArmA

I hope you guys keep developing for OFP as well. From the demo I tried of ArmA, you need a super computer to get decent frame rates out of it.

Unless they do a major overhaul of the bloated coding, I'm sticking with OFP.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>