Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

Old multiplayer maps from OFP popping up

I know some like the old OFP maps, but i hope some map makers make some new content, instead of just digging up the dead and dressing them in new close. I want to see more capture and hold maps made. CTF houses on a beach (not realistic at all) looks silly with these new improved graphics.

I don't want to sound like i have a large head, but alot of players liked maps i made in ofp. Unfortunatly i was away from Ofp for about 2 years so i forgot how to make them. I also had time to kill then, but now i'm busy so don't think i'll get chance to start making them again.

Sorry, but infantry CTFs are what I like playing so I will continue to keep on doing that. I don't have the will to play missions where you spend 5 minutes traveling to get to your objective just to get blown away by someone lying around in a bush with 3rd on.

Sorry, but infantry CTFs are what I like playing so I will continue to keep on doing that. I don't have the will to play missions where you spend 5 minutes traveling to get to your objective just to get blown away by someone lying around in a bush with 3rd on.

Well i do like some CTF, but Houses on the beach and 2 Hangers at each end have become alittle repetitive and unrealistic for me. All i'm saying is there a little over done already, but you must be enjoying yourself Emensly.

I look at it like this, I'd rather spend 5 mins traveling then get blown away, as opposed to getting killed after about 1 minute, by somone standing around with his head popping out from behind a building.

I also want to be able to flank the flag under stealth. Not have to swim to make it like some type of duck shoot.

There is a large variety of maps in progress im sure, but map makers take care with their new and innovative maps. They don't like to release their stuff early ^^ And also most 'leet' map makers will have used OFP map editor a LOT, meaning they know all the tricks, so maps take longer to build...

I'd still love to see some nice OFP classic maps when i get the full game... (CTF St. Pierre anyone? smile_o.gif

I only have the ArmA demo right now, but I am hoping to see some FCM League and WGL missions converted to ArmA by the time I have the full version of the game.  Specifically, I would like to see Operation Iron Horse (an A&D WGL mission) as an ArmA mission.  Additionally, I am hoping some missions that were in regular rotation on the MTCO OFP server end up getting converted.

There are some great coop missions I am hoping to also see converted from OFP to ArmA, such as High Valley, Rifles of the IRA, the Nogova Virus, and more.  Lolsav has created several coop missions for OFP that I have enjoyed in the past.  It would be great to play a few rounds of Anderson Death match as well in ArmA.

ooo Rifles of the IRA!!! Class map, and a hilarious intro =)

Would be cool to see it in ArmA... Difficult map but fun to play if played right =)

i don't think you'll see an anderson for a while, well at least not till BIS fix flying anyway

That is OK, because I always preferred armor anyway.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]OFP to ArmA, such as High Valley, Rifles of the IRA, the Nogova Virus, and more. Lolsav has created several coop missions for OFP that I have enjoyed in the past. It would be great to play a few rounds of Anderson Death match as well in ArmA.

I don't think you will see anything like "Slash's RPG", "Nogova Virus", "Skye Virus", "Crime City" or "Nogvile" for ARMA till BIS fixes lots of issues.

First of all the lag the maps will produce will make them unplayable. If CTI's lag this bad, you can imagine the lag on these maps. So proof of that = CTI maps in ARMA.

Second, they need to fix their movement bugs and maybe even tweak them a little.

So proof of that = CTI maps in ARMA.  

i'm confused as to what your saying there, AFAIK there isn't a CTI for ArmA yet,

i know that CR is working on something, and there is a battlefield map with some CTI like functions, but its bugged to all hell atm

MFCTI is a work in progress, we have a working MFCTI but it still has some issues, they will get ironed out and all will be good.

as for lag, i have played both of these almost CTI missions extensively, and i have seen no hint of lag.

i suggest u try playing on a real server not something hosted by JOE on JOES Machine.

I have just finished a joint project with Frantic.bay, the map is CTF Hexenkessel modeled after the AGSF version by Solly. For everyone who hates the map, I apologise but the money is just too good. The map will be tested shortly and then released into the wild.

So proof of that = CTI maps in ARMA.  

i'm confused as to what your saying there, AFAIK there isn't a CTI for ArmA yet,

i know that CR is working on something, and there is a battlefield map with some CTI like functions, but its bugged to all hell atm

MFCTI is a work in progress, we have a working MFCTI but it still has some issues, they will get ironed out and all will be good.

as for lag, i have played both of these almost CTI missions extensively, and i have seen no hint of lag.

i suggest u try playing on a real server not something hosted by JOE on JOES Machine.

BIS made a CTI mission for the demo..

Unfortunately its very bugged whistle.gifrofl.gif

yeah which is why people are converting other CTI's

just causes BIS's interpretation of CTI sucks doesn't mean there aren't any CTI's