Sign in to follow this  
--DST-- HIGHLANDER

should you be able to move and shoot in ARMA?

Quote[/b] ]Don't tease me... or underestimate me. But seriously what has dogfithing in cessnas to do with hip shooting while running?

Well thanks to BIS, dogfighting DM, CTF, or anything that has to do with dogfighting is impossible in ARMA.

And CTF isn't all about a square boxed in area where people shoot one another. Its more to it, and not all maps are like that.

But whatever.

The only think ARMA simulates right now its frustration. And its quite good at doing so.

Its not a flight sim. Aircraft are there to support the fight on the ground. Get over it.

Well its not a combat sim either then. More like waste of time sim. Thats why I won't be playing it.

Well its not a combat sim either then. More like waste of time sim. Thats why I won't be playing it.

Then stop wasting everyones time by bitching about it here. wink_o.gif

[Edit] Damn I can't spell tounge2.gif [/Edit]

Quote[/b] ]2leave arma anims as they are good for campers.

Since when did OFP/ArmA become CSS? confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]2leave arma anims as they are good for campers.

Since when did OFP/ArmA become CSS? confused_o.gif

It didnt, its just that the more vocal side of the CTF part of our "community" feel somehow wronged by the new animations in ArmA (which don't allow them to circle-strafe-shoot and whatnot) so are bitching about it in the most professional of manners.

Another strong thread for the CTF community this one wink_o.gif

3 things never change about OFP, Rambo wannabe's complaining that they can't be gods with the choppers, complaints about east/west weapons and terminators disappointed that someone in a fortified/hidden position can kill them while they run around. it's been the same since OFP first came out.

I think you should be able to shoot while moving.  Heck when you are moving through a CQB area, taking time to stop and get set before you shoot is a death sentence.  

Ehrrr.. you CAN move and fire, you just can't run, fire and hit correctly easily smile_o.gif

Once i get Arma i will try to make a CTF map, maybe i can replace the flag with an object (like the blackbox of a downed jet or something), to be positioned in an area so that players have to search for and retrieve it, area of map... maybe 2/3 KM+, no vehicles, AR's, MG's and GL's only.

Respawn = 0, how's that for an Arma CTF? biggrin_o.gif .

Seriously - you're probably the whinest person on the forum and there are a LOT of whiny people here. If you hate it so much, why bother? Go plant a tree or take a walk instead.

Damn.

I who actually thought you were serious when you stated that you were never going to post again on these forums.

Well. Meh.

I don't really see the ability to be able to run-n-gun. Get BattleField instead.

ArmA, as OFP, is a combat sim., and in real combat, you probably never fire while moving. Possibly if you're doing an insertion in a house, a small yard or something, when you keep moving, and open fire at someone, but you're still walking slowly.

So, no, we shouldn't have run-n-gun, I wouldn't like ArmA to turn into a FPS.

Once i get Arma i will try to make a CTF map, maybe i can replace the flag with an object (like the blackbox of a downed jet or something), to be positioned in an area so that players have to search for and retrieve it, area of map... maybe 2/3 KM+, no vehicles, AR's, MG's and GL's only.

Respawn = 0, how's that for an Arma CTF? biggrin_o.gif .

Well, I'd give it a shot.

By the way guys, did you notice that there is a bullet ricochet effect in Battlefield 2142? I noticed it when I was in one of those battle walkers and I was firing into the ground. I'm going to see if all of the guns in the game do this and what surfaces produce the ricochet. Does anyone know if this happens in Battlefield 2 as well?

I don't think you guys understand the meaning of this poll. I do believe the title is wrong.

The poll is about people wanting the OFP movements and freedom (which is pretty accurate for such a game) over the ARMA movements (which make you feel like a robot). Sure you can shoot while you move, but you shoot where your barrel points like in OFP.

It seems all you want is this game to be as limeteful as your thinking. (coop only, nothing else wink_o.gif ) But you super coop fan boys get back to me in 2 years when this game will turn like a ghost town with few coop servers then and now. Then we'll see who's laughing.

But you super coop fan boys get back to me in 2 years when this game will turn like a ghost town with few coop servers then and now.  Then we'll see who's laughing.

lol.

I don't think you guys understand the meaning of this poll. I do believe the title is wrong.

The poll is about people wanting the OFP movements and freedom (which is pretty accurate for such a game) over the ARMA movements (which make you feel like a robot). Sure you can shoot while you move, but you shoot where your barrel points like in OFP.

It seems all you want is this game to be as limeteful as your thinking. (coop only, nothing else wink_o.gif ) But you super coop fan boys get back to me in 2 years when this game will turn like a ghost town with few coop servers then and now. Then we'll see who's laughing.

I play coop, CTF and DMs and I'm not bothered by any of the anims. Arma, like OFP, is not a fast paced game. If you want that, go play BF2.

Quote[/b] ]should you be able to move and shoot in ARMA?

answer 1 : you already can

answer 2: no it shouldnt be changed in order to make more accurate.

answer 3: become a tank Gunner

I'm still not seeing how ArmA is so drastically different from OFP...

So you're saying that its been the CTF players keeping OFP alive these last 4 years?

Just because the servers dont show up on gamespy does not mean they are there. I know of a dozen OFP co-op servers which are still played on every week...

The poll is about people wanting the OFP movements and freedom (which is pretty accurate for such a game) over the ARMA movements (which make you feel like a robot).  Sure you can shoot while you move, but you shoot where your barrel points like in OFP.

I'm still not seeing how ArmA is so drastically different from OFP...

It seems all you want is this game to be as limeteful as your thinking. (coop only, nothing else  wink_o.gif )  But you super coop fan boys get back to me in 2 years when this game will turn like a ghost town with few coop servers then and now.  Then we'll see who's laughing.

So you're saying that its been the CTF players keeping OFP alive these last 4 years?

Just because the servers dont show up on gamespy does not mean they are there. I know of a dozen OFP co-op servers which are still played on every week...

But Gamespy is the end all be all for games wow_o.gif

I have taken a serious and calm approach now.

And as mentioned so many times correctly now:

- You can aim and move and shoot

- You can run and shoot - you won't hit jack though - it's meant to be this way.

So what exactly is this poll about ? You want to be able to run around, jump and aim through the scopes while doing that ? Go away please.

I want someone to make an AWP addon.

If you make a DE Eagle, I'll go script jump-crouching.

This is getting sad.

Is this the so call OFP grown community I've been hearing so much about?

This is getting sad.

We're stooping to your level. Sorry.

This is getting sad.  

Have you ever stopped to notice how much complaining you do on this forum? Maybe people are just tired of reading the same garbage from you. If ArmA is, in your words, "Waste of Time Sim," then why bother posting here? Wait until the next patch try it out again, and if you still don't like itm go back to OfP or something else that makes you happy. Quit trying to ruin it for other people. I haven't seen anything positive from you since the game came out.

This is getting sad.  

Somebody needs a hug.