Sign in to follow this  
archer950

Has anyone ever played as a seagull?

I just finished a new CTF map. While testing it I died and was respawned as a flying seagull. It moves with the same controls as a heli(Q=up Z=down E=forward). Maybe it happens all of the time and it's new to me. If this has happened to somebody else let me know.

LOL yes that is the default "re-spawn" when you die, we've all played (and cursed at) the seagull at some time or another smile.gif

One time I shot a guy running for a tank and killed him. He respawned as a Seagull and kept flying at my face. wow.gif

Funny stuff.

Tyler

That's also my seagull-mission: to annoy the enemy as much as possible and reveal their hiding spots to my team.

If you fly right in their face, they get really annoyed! biggrin.gif

Overheard in a Pentagon corridor....

-"Who should we send in, sir?. Seal Team 2 is allready occupied, the Rangers are in Afgahnistan....?"

-"We´ll send in the Seagulls. They´ll raise some hell over there."

-"The Seagulls, sir??!?. Is this a joke?!?"

-"Have U ever had a seagull flying in your face captain? It´s quite annoying, I tell you! Those commie bastards will beg for mercy...mark my words..."

Yea I got on gamespy and asked there and they said about the same thing. But its still pretty cool although I could see how it could get irritating. I still would like to know what causes it. I thought it had something to do with the description.ext

duh, i think everyone who ever played Coop has seen it.

seagull.jpg

The seagull is a member of the bird family. It is about the size of a pigeon, but could be larger than a black crow. The seagull is a long winged web-footed seabird. The seagull's coloring changes with the season fromwhite to gray or black. Most seagull's live at beaches. Some live by rivers, lakes or other bodies of water. They only make nests if they are laying eggs. Usually they lay two or three eggs at a time. It takes twenty days for them to hatch. Their enemy is the fox and man. It defends itself with its calls and spreads its wings to look bigger. Seagulls have an unusual diet. Some eat bugs, while others pick through garbage for food. Some even swoop down and steal food right from the barbeque or beach.

It happened to me in the Mission editor. i crashed an SU-25 and then became a seagull. its funny to land and watch'em run around on the ground.

seagulls are really funny to harras the enemy when ur dead its even better when a couple of u start flying about an enemy but its a shame u cant crap on them as that would be the icing on the cake biggrin.gif

How about going hunting with a kozlice using the shotgun shells and shooting your bird friends

The flight modeling on the seagul is right on. I used to be one in a previous life wink.gif

Is there any way I can use the editor to be a seagull or add seagulls to my missions? I think it will be fun to fly around in my missions watching it from above. (I know you can do this with a helicopter too smile.gif )