Sign in to follow this  
ubernoob

CONCERNING GER-DOWNLOAD VERSION AND PATCH 1.02

Got this message from metaboli support:

"Dear Sir,

The 1.02 patch is a retail patch and is not compatible with the download version. This is the reason why you encountering problems as the retail version uses a different protection system and installing it changes the game files. If you are unable to play the game please uninstall Armed Assault and then re-install it without it installing the 1.02 patch

We will be sending a link in a mail next week so that you can update your game to latest version..."

I was right all along!!

biggrin_o.gif

For majority lets say 95% it may work...guess I belong to the (un)lucky group of 5.

sad_o.gif

That doesn't explain why plenty of people with the DVD version have had similar problems, maybe they should look a bit further afield than just incompatibilities with the d/l version and patch 1.02 sad_o.gif

I have the german digital version aswell and there are inconsistancies.

I made sure the SF drivers were gone before installing arma, installed arma without the request of the SF SN. Updated to 1.02 from the morphicon server with no problems or questions.

Some people with the digital version are asked "Do you have the DVD version or the DOWNLOAD version of arma?" before continuing. I was never asked this question but the game still works.

/my 2c

My reply from Metaboli seems to contradict yours??

"Hi,

Is this the patch that you have been trying to install?:

http://www.morphicon.de/download/arma/Arma_GermanPatch_102.zip

According to Bohemian there should be no trouble installing this patch on the downloadable version of ArmA. That's all we know, really.

Let me know if that works. We may contact Bohemian ourselves.

Regards,

Ignacio R.

Metaboli Sales Support

supportvente@metaboli.com"

Just for the record, I have the German downloaded version 1.01. I wasn't asked during the update which version I had and everything patched fine to 1.02.

Same here.

Patching the German (in my case 1.01) download version with German patch v1.02 worked fine for me.

#C

I bought my copy from Metaboli and used the 1.02 update from Metaboli without issue (I backed out sickboy's language mod before updating and reapplied the .9 version afterwards)

Everything is working good for me.