Sign in to follow this  
ThePredator

Authentic sound & weapon Mod

Thank You Dr_Chris. smile_o.gif

The sound Mod is great, good job Predator.

Well, I don't really like a 3rd party config file.

I wrote before that I'd like to have the changes only, so I can include them into my config. Now I don't have a clue what you did and where.

Furthermore this is not an open source mod. If everyone just adds his stuff nobody will be able to play the game if the "equalMod" variable is set to "true" in later versions of Armed Assault.

I appreciate your help, but you would be more of an aid, if you could send me the changes.

You will find the contact information in my profile.

Quote[/b] ]Actually I'd rather you didn't change the AI dispersion. You can modify precisionEnemy and precisionFriendly values in your profile file and that is an easier and better way of making firefights last longer.

The enemy skill setting in the options menu is for a LOT of AI settings, not just dispersion.  Modifying the actual config will allow you to adjust just one setting.

(just a clarification - no offense)

Quote[/b] ]The AK-74 and M4 (or M16) sounds are distinct. You can hear the difference.

I won't change the AI accuracy for now, since they could be well trained. The accuracy over long distance is another issue, this could be modified by rate of fire on given distance (single shot).

BIS has to fix the game, not me.

Yup your mod, do what you want. And yes I know the sounds are different. I have heard them both fired IRL, and I think their sounds are a little more distinct from each other, thats all. Not tearing it down, just adding constructive criticism. I appreciate your efforts (obviously since I'm using it).

Quote[/b] ]Actually I'd rather you didn't change the AI dispersion. You can modify precisionEnemy and precisionFriendly values in your profile file and that is an easier and better way of making firefights last longer.

The enemy skill setting in the options menu is for a LOT of AI settings, not just dispersion. Modifying the actual config will allow you to adjust just one setting.

I'm not talking about the difficulty options screen, I'm talking about precisionEnemy and precisionFriendly values in your <profilename>.ArmAProfile file.

It looks like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">skillFriendly=0.850000;

skillEnemy=0.750000;

precisionFriendly=0.600000;

precisionEnemy=0.350000;

Atleast thats what I have it set to for me. Try it for yourself.

That way everyone can adjust it to taste and not have to complain to the mod maker to adjust the values.

The enemy skill setting in the options menu is for a LOT of AI settings, not just dispersion.  Modifying the actual config will allow you to adjust just one setting.

I'm not talking about the difficulty options screen, I'm talking about precisionEnemy and precisionFriendly values in your <profilename>.ArmAProfile file.

It looks like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">skillFriendly=0.850000;

skillEnemy=0.750000;

precisionEnemy=0.350000;

That way everyone can adjust it to taste and not have to complain to the mod maker to adjust the values.

Thank you for pointing this out!

Really an easy way to adjust to everybodies liking!

*Gets off, to test some values *

Quote[/b] ]I'm not talking about the difficulty options screen, I'm talking about precisionEnemy and precisionFriendly values in your <profilename>.ArmAProfile file.

It looks like this:

Code Sample

skillFriendly=0.850000;

skillEnemy=0.750000;

precisionEnemy=0.350000;

Thank you very much for pointing that out, I wasn't aware of this (or hadn't noticed.)

And for the record I wasn't complaining. I know how to edit a config, I was just throwing it out as a suggestion.

Sound-only mod released. Be aware this is untested and unsupported by me, since sounds are optimized for real rates of fire. Same for reload sound of M24 and Artillery.

RE - Weapons config.

does anyone know how to change the rate of fire for full auto machine guns?

im not referring to the single, burst, auto rate of fire. im talking about the rounds per minute when in full auto.

my goal, i would like to play around and slow down the rnds per min on the m240. i found a really nice sound for this weapon but when testing it, it sounds terrible at its current rate of fire.

anyone know where in the config to make this change?

thanks predator.

im heading in there now to play around. quick question tho. to slow down to fire rate, do i edit the 60 to something like 40?

thanks predator.

im heading in there now to play around.  quick question tho.  to slow down to fire rate, do i edit the 60 to something like 40?

You'll have to find the current rate of fire (ROF) by evaluating

60/value = ROF

Then reduce that ROF and evaluate

60/newROF = newvalue

Use this newvalue in the config.

Really nice work! Changes the feel of the game totaly!

(some of the sounds have a little "cut off" reverb, hope you guys have noticed it. Reload sounds are missing regaring certain weapons. With this nice work done already maybe explosions and grenades would be possible to improve as well? As anyone who has heard them in RL would say, they don't sound "thump", the blow you're socks away with a fast "bang"... wink_o.gif )

/Abbe

Isnt SVD zeroed a bit to far ? I dont know how it looks in RL but it looks a bit silly when i shot at enemy 300 m away and have to aim below him :/

SVD is zero'd for 300 m in the config.

Since I do not use that gun, I have no idea if the reticle is correct. When I test-fired the gun, I hit my target.

Will look into that.

@Predator

Are you still working on this sound mod?

I hope so! Because it became standard for me. Are you going to implement some new sounds?

Wohow...slowly pal...

Vacation is over, back to the pile of garbage S*G Sa*er weapons I do work on... (Tip: DO NOT buy any of those friggin guns EVER).

Of course I am working on the mod... But I still need HELP...I don't have a clue what most of the config params are used for...

I will add new sounds, but for now, every weapon has been changed. If everything is fine with the gun sounds/configs, I will start working on vehicles.

You all know, that the mod-folder thing will create large copies of the already present pbo's. This mod will be like 500 MB installed (and only 2% is new content)....

THAT SUCKS !

We need a solution to make addons or one folder with changes-only not a complete new pbo with all the garbage in there.

Did I say, 0.14 is ready?

Great!

Dowloaded 0.14 and will test it asap.

To the point about mod folders:

-Generally it's a very good solution to leave the game installation untouched and to work with mod folders only.

-But in the case you described, when only 2% of the data is new, it would be better to replace the weapons.pbo with the modified one and then to backup the original weapons.pbo somewhere else. For now this is the only efficient solution I can see.

-Further, please consider to release you mod as sound only package besides of the full mod! One main reason is: Solus from SLX is coming up with a hard rocking config mod which will alter the gameplay in ArmA quite basically. Me (and probably a lot of other ArmA players) would like to run the SLX mod along with your superb sound mod. So please consider to make your mod as generic as possible, so it would be compatible to other upcoming mods.

Or: Contact Solus and ask him if he would to cooperate with you, as he is a config wizard, but he's not working on sounds. So you would compensate each other. Which would be great!

The same thing already happend with thunderbird84 and Solus. FFUR2007 and SLX just rocks for OFP!

-Besides this I'm am working on ArmA configs for myself aswell. And maybe in future I will be able to help you to understand the code better. But for right now there are more genius people out there, like ---  Solus !!

Now to the 0.14 version:

- I read the changelog. My question is: What does mean "added laser lock for hellfires"? Aren't the hellfires already lock on target? So what is different to the default way hellfires work?

There is a sound only mod (see first page).

I modified the config and will continue to mod the weapons to be realistic. However, there will be thousands of mods changing that aspect, so this mod will drown in the pool of config wizards. I hope some of them will cooperate with me....

Maybe there will be thousand of config mods....

But I think that the people who proved to be ingenious in config modding would be the same at ArmA:

which means:

- Solus from SLX

- thunderbird84 from FFUR

- WGL mod

- ECP guys (although it seems the spread apart and don't continue their work)

right now I would suggest to contact Solus, as IMHO he's the very best man our community have when it comes to config modding!

Just a question to clearify...

Is the sound mod only updated as well or is 0.14 config related only?

/Abbe

Just the 0.14.

SoundOnly mod will only be updated when I have new sounds.

I hope it is no problem, that I don't modify the sounds to fit the vanilla firing rates. It would be work without end to edit two mods the same time.

Edit:

I am trying to make the laser designator consume energy just because we already have the batteries.

But somehow the "ammo" is not consumed, no spund is played and now I have no clue what could fix that. Jackal told me the binos in OFP were not possible to mod. But it seems to work in ArmA to a certain degree.

Anyone who could help, do it please.

Still good job predator, keep it up, I did not found any issue for the moment, m2hb sounds very good, well still good job as usual and do not be sorry for issues, it's a beta.

But, I can not understand in 2007 why Bis uses mono sounds at 22050 instead of stereo at 44100, that's a huge different for the sounds quality which could be more than awesome...Hopefully, there is your mod.

You didn't change the m249, did you? Shouldn't it be a bit louder?

The request about the sound samples should be posted on biki wishlist btw.