Sign in to follow this  
chris330

The Sound Effects Thread!

Thought I'd start a thread based on sound effects acquired and made by users. I'll start us off with a real frightener I made this week which I'm thinking of using with a Napalm strike where it has been dropped on a large group of mixed gender. I made it using sounds from freesound.com which I mixed together and layered over a forest fire clip repeated.

Napalm Sound

(Not suitable for children to listen to)

I've got quite a few more really good ones which I didn't make but are straight out of films like The Thin Red Line and Full Metal Jacket. A decent sound library thread seems to have always been missing from these boards for some reason. Anyway I'll post up some artillery sounds later wink_o.gif

I decided this is the wrong place for this. wink_o.gif

Interesting that this topic should pop up. I've been doing professional sound mixing/sound effects work for a large-scale theater production for a few years now. Here are some works I'm particularly proud of:

Sample 1

Sample 2

Any & all comments, questions, <s>or criticism</s> are welcome.

dude blackdog how did u make those sounds? notworthy.gif

It's quite simple really, so simple that even you could do it my friend by simply:

1: Wetting whatever you might call the opposite of your elbow (the lower armpit region?)

2: Either sucking or blowing quite forcefully into or out of this region with your mouth. I blew for the first clip and sucked for the second clip.

-- dubmaster blackdog

Hmm.. original yes but can't see too many opportunities for such sound effects in Flashpoint. Perhaps it might work in a crowded BMP in multiplayer and the challenge is you have to disembark before being overcome.

Here's some artillery sounds:

Artillery Sounds

blackdog~ I dont think that was really in the best interests of the thread.

To quote your own sig "Can I contribute something usefull to this thread?"

Practice what you seem so keen to preach.

Next pointless post = a WL Award.

Rhodite, ease up. Blackdog has been having a rough time recently, troubles at home. Would rather not get any further into the matter sad_o.gif.

To brighten up this thread, I would like to remind the BIS community of blackdog's lifelong contribution to the forums in the form of a funny man in a green suit:

peter-pan.jpg

That may well be so mate but we were'nt to know that and this is a Flashpoint related sound effects thread not one for simulating rectal gas biggrin_o.gif

In the spirit of the thread's original intentions here's some more. This time an M16 (I think) and an M60:

Link