Sign in to follow this  
Jahve

Scratch Modworks: US Army MPs

our camelbacks are also ACU, with the plastic opening in a desert tannish color. the straps are ACU greyish

Hmm Got a pic? i havent seen camelbak thermobak's in acu, only foliage green, OD and 3color.

That wich they have in ArmA is the Termobak, currently only available in Foliage green, desert camo, black, coyote and woodland.

Why would I just randomly say that if it weren't true.  I would more than likely know, seeing as I am actually US Army Infantry... Give me a sec and I'll take pictures of the two they issued me.

Update, couldn't find the cord for my camera, so i'll have to take one with my phone for now, low res, but you get the general idea.  You can't tell from this picture, but the drinking tube is TAN, as well as the round opening.  The same color as the ACU-type undershirt.

123-1.jpg

Also, use this picture as a template: It's a color version of the IR flag, we are required to wear it instead of the black one because we cannot change the colors of the american flag:

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums....135.jpg

Thanks!

Well drinking tubes arent visible on the arma models smile_o.gif

How are the doctrines regarding the flags? I see photos of people wearing colored and foliage green subdued regular fabric flags, aswell as colored and other subdued IR flags.

It really just depends on one's unit, some make their soldiers wear he cloth, full-color, others IR of various colors. It all just depends.

Medics are trained on their own and attached to whatever unit, so I'm not sure they would have an MP IR patch, but then again I'm not MP so I wouldn't know.

I must say, Im beyond happy to see US Army MP units

Ive been waiting for these for so long!

But Im seeing a couple problems:

Obviously, as discussed, the green-foliage American flag patch.

Also, the MP IR Patch is not the correct one if youre overseas, especially in a combat zone. The one youve chosen is mainly used for garrison MP's. The one's we used were these'.

Also, the unit you've chosen to represent the MP's is a little... Well, un-experienced compared to other units. If anyone, Id choose the 16th MP Brigade. Its the home to thje 108th MP Company, the only Airborne/Air Assault MP company in the entire US Army. Theyve been to Iraq and Afghanistan more times than I can remember (And not to mention, thats the same unit my Drill Sergeant came from; Recipient of two Bronze Stars).

Im also seeing the Camelback camo pattern. I mean, we differenciated who was who when I went overseas with the 327th MP's:

MP's had ACU Pattern

Medic's used Black (However, the medics never had the red cross on it, because that means they couldnt carry a weapon. So instead, we had them use black Camelback equiptment and had them carry tags that said "MEDIC" on it.) They never wore the MP IR tag, and never had the medical corps insignia on their equiptment either.

Gunner's were always issued out goggles, which we always had ready on our helmets. And if they were to carry a Camelback, we'd always make sure to have two SAW pouches attached to the back of it.

Grenadiers were issued out the Drog Leg holster, which we'd attach the M203 pouches onto, for easy access.

Hopefully that helps.

I was at Kalsu with a company from 16th MPs. They're being deployed so often that in garrison, they're being replaced by civilian rent a cops.

Exactly, theyre beyond experienced.

&Thats the new DoD security thats taking over.

The garrison MP job is being taken away from us, we're starting to become more "Field/Combat" MP's if anything.

yup, except they're getting budget cuts now on Bragg. They had to close several gates, and the brand new gate they expanded went form like..8 or 9 lanes to 6 or 7 during peak hours and 2 at night. confused_o.gif

It shouldn't be too hard, you just need a DA 4187 and get a physical. Where are you stationed, are you active or NG/Reserve? It would help if you could get a PCS to Bragg or Campbell or something, so give your Branch Manager a call.

Remember, for a PCS you need 2 years left of active service.

*edit*

Also, do yourself a favor and run a shit ton before you go. Make sure your pushups are perfect because Sgt Airborne likes to play games and not count people's pushups.

Like I said on scratch already...nice stuff Jahve wink_o.gif

Looking forward to give them a nice swing.

Hope the tools come soon so you can start modding them real nice...

It shouldn't be too hard, you just need a DA 4187 and get a physical. Where are you stationed, are you active or NG/Reserve? It would help if you could get a PCS to Bragg or Campbell or something, so give your Branch Manager a call.

Remember, for a PCS you need 2 years left of active service.

*edit*

Also, do yourself a favor and run a shit ton before you go. Make sure your pushups are perfect because Sgt Airborne likes to play games and not count people's pushups.

Yeah, Im currently in the reserves, but switching over to active duty (Im too busy as a reservist; Two deployments in two years :P), so I dont really know where my next duty station will be. But theyre saying Hawaii has like a 90% chance of showing up, so I might be headin over to the 25th ID.

I can already run a two mile in 13:30, but my pushups definately need work, but I appreciate the advice!

Well, in Airborne you're going to be running at least 2 5 milers, and they won't be on a track either. You'll be going up HeartAttack Hill. Everywhere you go you will run, the DFAC is something like just under a mile from the 507th battalion area. So you should work for an endurance thing, also, be prepared to have several hundred people in your class. My Airborne class started with 640+ and ended with just over 400, most of those failures are from the PT test (they don't grade fairly) and from the 5 mile runs. As long as you can put yourmind somewhere else while you're running, you should bve fine.

It's good, and fairly easy training, but it's the other stuff that gets people. 25th has elements deployed right now, I believe, and 172nd Stryker was reflagged as 25th ID/1st Stryker a few days ago. We replaced some 25th ID guys in OIF 3, all in all, I hear Schofield isn't too bad so good luck with that.

Man 2 deployments in 2 years? Man, I know some guys in 82nd that have been on every OIF rotation 1-5 AND did Op Anaconda. You wanna talk about some wierded out dudes...I have another one coming up fairly soon and we're allowed to grow our beards and hair out now, it's great.