Sign in to follow this  
Chris Death

Crash to desktop

My game is pretty much useless for MP so I tried something desperate.  Now I'm convinced of what was causing it for me.

If you have the Czech download verion from Sprocket read HERE.

Well, the game crash now only when you play missions where are BOATS. Dont use missions with boats and set up all what i have said on the begining of this topic and game will no more crash.

PS: next patch 1.04 will be out around 15.02.2007. Patch size around 500MB and many many bugs are there repaired and remaked.

PS: next patch 1.04 will be out around 15.02.2007. Patch size around 500MB and many many bugs are there repaired and remaked.

How do you know? huh.gif

Well, the game crash now only when you play missions where are BOATS. Dont use missions with boats and set up all what i have said on the begining of this topic and game will no more crash.

Anunnaki, that depends on what version you have!

The 1.02 Cz downloadable version (a.k.a Sprocket) CTD's with or without boats and in that particular version the CTD's seems to be related to JIP/respawn as well as mission design.

/KC

My game is pretty much useless for MP so I tried something desperate.  Now I'm convinced of what was causing it for me.

If you have the Czech download verion from Sprocket read HERE.

My crashes have nothing to do with boats.  Most people are aware of the issue and aviod these troubled missions.  

The problem I am refering to involves issues with the Czech Sprocket DL version.  The link is to direct others with that version experiencing frequent crashes to the thread dedicated to that very issue.

I am hopeful that the patch will fix both the "boats" problem and that of the Sprocket version crashes.

The CTD during Multiplayer only happens in an internet game for me.

I have the CZ Sprocket Download version and when playing an Internet Game It will crash after anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 Minutes of play. But in a LAN game I can play for about 2 hours, and then I quit and restart my PC because there seems to be a memory leak. The games gradually gets slower and slower. After a Fresh restart we can play for another 2 hours or so on LAN. I think its a network error of some kind related only to internet games. Just gets triggered by JIP and boats etc... Something to do with game sync.

PC Specs:

3.4 GHz Dual Core

2 Gigs 5300 DDR2

512 MB Geforce 7950 GT

The CTD during Multiplayer only happens in an internet game for me... It will crash after anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 Minutes of play...

I bought at the begining the Morphicon german version of Arma with which I did not have any problem like CTD or so few.

However, after bying my second copy (the 505 Games ones) last week, I got similar problem than Avman in multiplayer after between 5 and 40 minutes.

Indeed, after 30 min in average of play in multiplayer, I all the time get a CTD with the following information stored in my XP Error reporting (in msinfo32) :

19/02/2007 12:39 Application Error Application défaillante arma.exe, version 1.4.0.5121, module défaillant arma.exe, version 1.4.0.5121, adresse de défaillance 0x0042e775.

Note that all my hardware driver are up to date making me very disapointed at the moment.

Note that I manage to uninstall the German version prior to install the 505 one by cleaning the registry thanks to the Ccleaner tool and deleting my Arma and Arma other profiles manually.

However, I wonder why after the re-installation, my other profile re-appear by default after a new installation making me think that's the uninstallation was not so clean.

Any of you would have any idea for both the profile stuff and especially the recurrent CTD on Multi would be welcome.

My spec :

AMD 64 4000+ (not above 40°C)

2 Go RAM Corsair value (tested ok with MEMTEST)

Motherboard A8N SLI PRENIUM

Nvidia Asus NExtreme 7800 GTX 256 (not above 65°C)

Power Supply HIPER AL-HPU-4B580-MU (580 W)

Realtek AC'97 Audio

I also had a CTD after playing the campaign. I was on the second mission after doing the sniper from the tower to which I failed. Then I selected the part where I had to hold off the enemy from the hill, can't remember mission name.

I died and selected to play as another soldier and started firing for a minute or two and all of a sudden, CTD. I have the new 505 version. I don't play the game anymore, and won't until the game is fixed, so I'm back to flashpoint for a year or two. Great but unstable game still with texture and sound issues.

My Spec: Drivers up to date.

AMD 64 4800X2

2 Gig Geil Ram

Motherboard  A8N32 SLI Deluxe

ATI Sapphire X1900XT

Power Supply Tagan (580 W)

Sound Blaster Audigy 2

Windows x64 Sp2

I have posted before on this subject but different thread, i had the morphicon german version with the language patch, it ran fine until about a week prior to the 505 UK version release, then it started playing up showing the exact errors you guys with the sproket dload were getting.

I uninstalled it prior to loading my new UK 505 version and was somewhat surprised to see my old profile in the interface, nonetheless i carried on the game ran like a dream for a couple of hours then i got the dreaded 'ArmA has encountered a problem and needs to close etc.

By now very concerned i uninstalled my 505 version, cleaned registry of all Arma files and deleted all arma related files,from my machine so with a fresh install of Arma I carried on . The game ran beautifully for a couple of hours then i recieved the same message and was returned to desktop, but this time i noticed a sound anomaly before the game crashed this leads me to believe it is either my sound card (SBLive), Teamspeak,or certain sound files within a determined area of the game. I have posted this all over the place and there seems to be no known fix as of yet , i am hoping that it is an inbuilt bug within the game and patch 1.05 will cure it , cos at the moment it is too unstable to play mp games, and i am just a bit more than slightly pissed off with it, however as i played OFP for nearly four years i have faith in BIS that they will be able rectify it.My system specs are :

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

Athlon 3000+

Radeon X1950 PRO 512mb

1.5 gig of DDR Corsair ram.

Power supply is 450 watt unit

Sound by Sound Blaster Live

After once again being CT'D after loading a map i decided to check my minidump file, and amongst all the heiroglyphics were these lines , at regular intervals,can anyone tell me what they mean? or does this in some way help identify where the problem lies?

This application cannot run using the active version of the Microsoft .NET Runtime

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

R6028

- unable to initialize heap

R6027

- not enough space for lowio initialization

R6026

- not enough space for stdio initialization

R6025

- pure virtual function call

R6024

- not enough space for _onexit/atexit table

R6019

- unable to open console device

R6018

- unexpected heap error

R6017

- unexpected multithread lock error

R6016

- not enough space for thread data

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

R6009

- not enough space for environment

R6008

- not enough space for arguments

R6002

- floating point not loaded

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library    

Runtime Error!

Program:    ... <program name unknown>      ÿÿÿÿ    T5A     5A #5A ÿÿÿÿ©5A ²5A     ÿÿÿÿ    (7A     d6A ³6A ÿÿÿÿ

9A 9A     ÿÿÿÿ =A

=A     ÿÿÿÿ6=A :=A             e+000         ð?   À~

PA   €ÿÿGAIsProcessorFeaturePresent   KERNEL32            ÿÿÿÿ°FA ´

Edit* Anyone who can understand C++ programming can tell you more but from what i understand it is a conflict within kernel 32 dll,either server side or client side.I dont think any

amount of changing drivers, settings will help, this needs to be addressed by BIS programmers,hopefully patch 1.05 will cover it. An example is the definition of this code, 'StartServiceA' which uses advapi.dll which basically aborts the process, hence the ctd. Right its late ,im

knackered goodnight. If my interpretation of this is slightly incorrect , then sorry i am a bricklayer not a

programmer icon_rolleyes.gif

I can rarely enter a Multiplayer game cause this usually ends to a CTD. My hardware copes very well with the campaign but I would like to one day go Multiplay.

Has this issue been tackled in the new patch?

SBSDelta, those aren't generated messages, they are message strings hardcoded into Windows executables. When an error occurs, the executable reads what you read and displays it.

Quote[/b] ]SBSDelta, those aren't generated messages, they are message strings hardcoded into Windows executables. When an error occurs, the executable reads what you read and displays it.

Thanks for that mate, cos i know jack about coding /programming, that was the only part of the entire minidmp file i could understand icon_rolleyes.gif .Just trying to resolve what is a really annoying situation.