Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Favorite music to play OFP by...

What music do you either listen to while playing OpFlash, and/or would like to see used as music in custom missions?

My faves are listed...what's yours? wink.gif

While i do have the rollins band in my playlist, i cant really say what music i really like to listen to, since i just put my playlist in random because i have more than 2 days worth of music in there. But when im doing a large scale invasion, its always "ride of the valkyries".

none...having music playing makes it hard to hear when that BMP is flanking your position getting ready to make you into a flat spot

I never have music on while playing a game, other than the music the game itself contains, I find external music detracts from the game's atmosphere smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ Jan. 25 2002,16:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But when im doing a large scale invasion, its always "ride of the valkyries".<span id='postcolor'>

Ah, superb choice!

I would like to hear Beethovben's 9th Symp.(Ode to Joy) in custom missions. Like when you are attacking enemy base after long battle to get there.

Could be kinda ironic when you hear the chorus sing it and at the moment you find yourself getting shot at heavily from enemies.

How about that song from Indiana Jones, or Mozart's Requiem?

Kinda getting carried away, how about that song from movie Titanic? ('My heart wil go on~~ and on~~~!')

I hope you like 'Am I evil?', 'Blitzkrieg' and 'Bleeding me' biggrin.gif

Metallica is perfect in OFP.

Atleast they rock in my upcoming campaign during the cutscenes wink.gif

Abnormal and Realize Me (Seventh) are also great.

Placebo: How about we record those voices and get this campaign published?

I dont listen to any ingame music or external music becuase when I do I never hear people starting to fire at me then I am dead, bam.

OK, even if you don't listen to music during play (I agree it can be very distracting), what do you think would be cool music for cutscenes?  biggrin.gif

(Oh, by the way, love old-school Metallica! Booya!)

1.Jimi Hendrix{Purple Haze/All Along the watchtower}

2.Animals{We gotta get out of this place/House of the rising sun}

3.Stepphenwolf{Magic carpet ride/Born to be wild}

4.Staind{It's been awhile}

5.Nickelback{This is how you remind me}

6.Live{Lightning Crashes/Overcome}

and others too long to mention!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, even if you don't listen to music during play (I agree it can be very distracting), what do you think would be cool music for cutscenes?

<span id='postcolor'>

Well if you are planning on making a mission with cutscenes please use Prodigy.

I can image watching a battle listening to "Smack my bitch up". Also would be good in helos.

Or "firestarter", there all good

Rage Against The Machine smile.gif. Some songs are even perfect for different situations.

"Ashes in the Fall" and "Killing in the Name of" and - Perfect for resistance...the lyrics "&&*$ you I won't do what you tell me" is the very essense of resistance wink.gif.

"Know your Enemy" and "Bombtrack" - SpecOps/SpetzNatz

"Bullet in the Head" - can ya guess.....uhhhh.....Snipers?

Best music for cutscenes? I would probably say classical music, I'm not a fan of classical music as such but the right piece used in a computer game like Opf will blow you away (no pun intended) If we're talking more modern music then Metallica would be hard to beat smile.gif

But you have to get your Metallica from Napster, just to piss them off wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 26 2002,17:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But you have to get your Metallica from Napster, just to piss them off wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I prefer "ogg-ing" them from my cd's wich I bought some years ago wink.gif

I pay for the music I like and seek.

Speaking of music I like..... Where can I buy Seventh's album?

I got all his songs on mp3 off his site, but mp3 ain't the same as 'the real thing' smile.gif

Which is better for a hunt/kill mission:

Metallica's "Seek and Destroy" or...

Iggy & the Stooges "Search and Destroy".... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Jan. 27 2002,02:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Which is better for a hunt/kill mission:<span id='postcolor'>

I'd go with "Run to the hills" Iron Maiden wink.gif

I love System, but I dont think it would go with OFP.

Ive played this Afghanistan map where Rage played after u killed a camp and it was quiet for so long (we were black ops) that it scared me so bad I jumped out of my chair.

I dont think gay songs like "Its been a while" and "How you remind me" would go well with OFP at all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Jan. 27 2002,03:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Which is better for a hunt/kill mission:

Metallica's "Seek and Destroy" or...

Iggy & the Stooges "Search and Destroy".... tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You can be the judge of that when my campaign is finnished wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ Jan. 27 2002,03:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I love System, but I dont think it would go with OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

"WAR?" would go perfectly with OFP

Kickass anti-war song for a kickass anti-war game

Hey I just realized the whole punk-rock genre has been neglected so I figured I'd post some great punk songs which would go perfectly with OFP missions/cutscenes

"Society" - Pennywise

"You'll never make it" - Pennywise

"Genocide" - The Offspring

"It'll be a long time" - The Offspring

'Jennifer Lost The War" - The Offspring

"Come Out & Play" - The Offspring

"Payback" by Slayer would be perfect sound track for an afghanistan kill binladen senerio. I also listen to The Exploited, "scaling the derry wall", "Barry Prossit", "death before dishonour". "jesus built my hotrod" by ministry would be great for a MP racing senerio. No one with a good car needs to be justified!