Sign in to follow this  
qUiLL

the one effect we've all forgotten

yes thats right its the one thing which we all see all the time in OPF whenever a game isnt launched, not no one ever pays attention to the effects of it or how it coulda just been a plain black menu screen

im talking about the laptop

it follows you around OPF, openning and closing in an interesting way, yet you never ever realize that its there. its just a thing that makes you wait to access a menu while it opens. please, pay tribute to this effect in OPF and thank BIS for not simply giving us a plain black menu

smile.gif lets all open our laptops world wide

...and scalable. (double-click on it)

It is a little bit too futuristic laptop for 1985.

Here's a picture of a Commodore LCD developed in 1984 and presented it to the public at the Consumer Eletronics Show in January 1985. smile.gif

clcd1.jpg

I'll try to dig out some more laptops from that time perioid.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ Jan. 31 2002,05:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wondered the same thing myself...  

3 1/2 Disks too...<span id='postcolor'>

wasn`t it the 5 inch floppy disk back then ,the actual floppy ones ? smile.gif

They did have the 3 1/2 inch disks, but they were only 720 K and only available for the Apple macs. They later came out for the Atari ST's and the Commodore Amigas, PC's were the last to adopt them.

I wouldnt mind a black screen. Maybe then i could see the chat text, I guess BIS forgot that white and white dont contrast well.

Ahh, the good ol' days of computin'. I remember this when I got hooked on computers. Probably a few years after 85, but playing Oregon trail on the Apple ][. My first shooter smile.gif The only part that I liked to play was the hunting for meat. I still remember that if you shoot as the deer passes the second last tree on the right you will get it everytime on the next pass smile.gif

Also exploring the vic20 with it's tape drives....Ah those were the days.

COLINMAN

I still occasionally play Commando for C64. The theme song for it is awesome and pretty much anything composed by Rob Hubbard kicks ass.

The tape drives were fun for C64 too. Sometimes there was some kind of load error but I just launched the game and some colors, graphics or sounds were a little bit funky but the game was playable. smile.gif

The laptop in OFP is an nice feature but there is another small detail which no one mentioned:

The filofax which displays the briefing and debriefing and the war diary.

And when it`s closed you will see an logo on it:

ohnesuche.gif

An german firm who produces pencils, ball pens, filofaxes... - everything which you need in an office.

How much did BIS get for making adverts? wink.gifbiggrin.gif

actually i was thinking about putting that in the post too but i decided most people HAVE noticed that

I had an Atari 800xl very similar to the C64. Had the best sound, 8 bit, this was 6 years before the PCs had it. I had both the tape drive and a disk drive for it. The great thing about computers back then was true plug and play ability.