Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Mod

6thSense.eu Mod Changes a few ArmA Aspects, which make it less annoying and slightly more Realistic.

Aswell as adding some features. Full Description is available at the Wiki page.

Links:

[*]6thSense.eu Mod Wiki

<span style='color:red'>As of now, all information (incl. Downloads) regarding 6thSense.eu is to be found in our:

[*]6th Sense Community Wiki

[*]ArmA Trac/Wiki Development Area</span>

[*]Disabled radio report texts for: Reporting Visuals, Kills and Deaths.

Isn't this in as server option already? If you look at main config.cpp there are some options related to this under cfgDifficulty block.

[*]Disabled radio report texts for: Reporting Visuals, Kills and Deaths.

Isn't this in as server option already? If you look at main config.cpp there are some options related to this under cfgDifficulty block.

Yes, those options are built in already, but those options seem not activated/available yet in v1.0 and v1.01, and since I also wanted everyone in multiplayer to send as English and not as their local language, I replaced all languages in the stringtables to english and removed the visual/kills/deaths strings manually

The strings for the mentioned settings are missing in the stringtables btw, I tried adding them but did not get the options popped up in the difficulty settings dialog.

Maybe a bit more investigation could lead to be able to use the settings though, but I don't think that BIS disabled (or not enabled) them for nothing biggrin_o.gif

almost every day and i see summut new out from the 6th sense

are you force labouring people to work on stuff in a basement for u? tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]# Disabled radio report texts for: Reporting Visuals, Kills and Deaths.

The sounds are still there for possible usage with AI, but in MP you can turn radio volume down!

You can already do tht. Ive had mine like that for ages. Just go into options and its there. you still hear the sounds but see no text.

GO INTO OPTIONS / DIFFICULTY / RADIO SUBTITLES (ENABLED/DISABLED) - I have mine disabled works both in MP and Single Player

You can already do tht. Ive had mine like that for ages. Just go into options and its there. you still hear the sounds but see no text.

Hmm, im going nuts then... it's not in my options smile_o.gif

You had the Ger/CZ ? And converted or unconverted?

Will have to look into it it seems.

Thanks for sharing.

ps. could you share the settings from your arma profile cfg as I will immediatly add it to our server smile_o.gif

German - to English ^^ Version

GO INTO OPTIONS / DIFFICULTY / RADIO SUBTITLES (ENABLED/DISABLED) - I have mine disabled works both in MP and Single Player

Then you turn off all radio subtitles, and that wasn't what was needed for us smile_o.gif we needed only the kill/killed/contact messages off

i have mine disabled too, but i keep making messages and see also others in MP!

Ah, why do you need those off for.. that allows for Team Killers to run around and slaugher your team without noone knowing who did it :/ bad idea me thinks.

May sound stupid but... maybe im hallucinating but i just played a mission with the Ka-50 and was thinking it handles better after installing the mod... didnt try the cobra and other birds though.

Oh and for some odd reason i got a constant muzzleflash on the T72 commander DshKT.

Ah, why do you need those off for.. that allows for Team Killers to run around and slaugher your team without noone knowing who did it :/ bad idea me thinks.

Teamkillers don't last long our servers m8, halleluja smile_o.gif

Besides, can still check the score bord and see who's going to minus score smile_o.gif

We want them to be disabled because we dont want to read if one of our teammates is shot down, we want to notice it ourselves, call it realism. Same goes for kills.

Most of us turn the radio totally down to also not hear the radio talks while in coop as we all use voice communication smile_o.gif

Altough on second thought, we might aswell put the friendly kills back, as it usually never happens except sometimes and then it's not so bad to know that there was a TK even when it wasnt on purpose smile_o.gif

Does it come with an uninstaller or is just a matter of removing files to get back to pri installation?

EDIT:  NEVERMIND... I must have had a modified file (I think it was the harrier sound mod.)

Edit 2: Getting there, but personally I'd prefer the sound from tanks and choppers to die down a little faster (with distance). I'm not sure how you are editing it. If its strictly volume, they sound appropriate at close range, but starting around 200+ i'd like them a little quieter. I don't know how the sound function works though, like if you have control over drop off distance or if it is strictly a master volume and it goes from there.

Does it come with an uninstaller or is just a matter of removing files to get back to pri installation?

It uses a modfolder @6thSense, so you can just enable/disable it, and if you don't want it anymore, you can just remove the whole folder, or just the parts that you don't like smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Getting there, but personally I'd prefer the sound from tanks and choppers to die down a little faster (with distance).  I'm not sure how you are editing it.  If its strictly volume, they sound appropriate at close range, but starting around 200+ i'd like them a little quieter.  I don't know how the sound function works though, like if you have control over drop off distance or if it is strictly a master volume and it goes from there.

Afaik... the loudness of the sound is deciding the distance you can hear it... so the game-engine decides the distance you hear the sound, while we decide the loudness of the sound, that's my experience until now... So getting it less far is possible.... but then the sounds close are also not really loud anymore...

Did you try with hardware acceleration on/off etc? Because with hardware accel ON ... most of the sounds seem to loose distance volume changes etc.

smile_o.gif I wish I changed something in there m8, but I didn't, so that would be weird smile_o.gif About the muzzle of the t72 commander... even weirder ... as noone seems to have this in our squad wink_o.gif You sure you didn't try to upgrade the T72 to a T80 already ? smile_o.gif)))

I don't think the muzzle flash thingy is related to this mod, cause I'm running vanilla (Czech) AA and I get it on the M1A1. Only very rarely, however.

dunno if it´s reported....

but when i start the game patched to german 1.02 i dont get anything more then the menues and a blue sky/screen...

no ground, vegetation or objects can be seen....

only the cursor...

the map editor shows as it should, but when i start a mission only the sky is visible...

starting without the mod folder and the game works as it should....

Mod will be updated pretty soon...

Did you guys try the v1.02 arma version, AND installed the latest OpenAL, as it seems that choppers and tanks are way way better now, and as such a chopper/tank sound patch seems unnececairy (I haven't been able to check it properly yet myself)

Armaholic.com mirror can be found here.

Editor upade page has been modified to redirect to the 6th Sense ArmA Mod page.