Sign in to follow this  
Cirap

The Great Battle - uncompletable

On "Armoured Fist" you have to go over the hill on the other side of the second base. I think theres 2 x T-72's and 1 x BMP2 there that you have to destroy. After I did that, the mission ended.

I did that. The Tank and BMPs even came over the hill, trying to attack the base we just conquered

When we wasted them, we get the info "Good job, get into defensive position" and then nothing. On the map there is some red arrows, suggesting a possible counterattack from the North West. But nothing like it happens.

Did a load of troops come from over that hill too? Coz I remember wasting them with the MG on the tank.

After mastering the heli I'm now stuck as well, i guess the endmission command is the only way on until BIS fixes this sad_o.gif

This game (and its patches) smells awfully like BF2.

Did a load of troops come from over that hill too? Coz I remember wasting them with the MG on the tank.

Yup, they did. I killed them all and I even totally flattened the damaged house and adjacend trees to make sure no soldiers could hide there.

Ah, allways good to take a look in this forum... got the same mission problem... banghead.gif

and the endmission cheat not work for me ...

icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm stuck on it too. Looked like a UH60 was going to land troops at the enemy base, then it took off again.

If endmission don't function try and type end,ission the console is querty does work for me

Yup I'm another with the same problem- also another bug in this map- I was hovering happily at the defensive position when helo lost power- I wasn't hit, gunner showed green and armor at 80% helo went down and I got the end of mission screen. It also lost my saves- both mine and auto and I had to restart and try again (Jeez 6K at 60mph -stay in formation.....zzzzz).

I used the bots from the trucks to help me search for tangos, but nothing..mission doesn't finish for me. sad_o.gif

I also cannot get this mission to finish and the end missionmethod doesn't work for me (german version converted to english)

Not to anyones surprise,but I am having the same problem.I fly and hover for hours searching for targets.I even go so far as landing,getting out of my Cobra,picking up any AT rockets and fire at the tanks again.

This game is really pissing me off.

The testers had to find this problem.They could have done more testing and debugging before releasing!

Booo to AA!

For what it may count, i am in the same situation. Will try this shift- and endmission tip to see what happens.

The AI is bad but there's margin for improvement. Sometimes they just get stuck or not follow orders and probably that's why they aren't launching the counterattack and so, not being killed, the mission doesn't end.

Uh yea, sometimes even at 10 meters my gunner in cobra doesn't see the enemy...if he did, that would help a lot at least for us to find them. Many many bugs in this game, we definitely need 1.03 or 1.1 ASAP because the bad feedback could ruin the release of the international version.

I posted a fix for this mission in the thread "Fix for The Great Battle?" The fix may be more trouble than it's worth, though -- you have to unpack the campaign, edit the mission, and then repack the campaign.

Hopefully, BIS will fix it in an update...

Yes i ve read the Shift - + endmission (but doesn't work for me) and i ve read the packing/unpacking but i didnt' feel like doing it.

The game is full of bugs and i ll take it back on when they release a new patch. No need to hassle with the files or with the settings. I'm sure they ll fix everything out and despite the bugs, i'm very happy i bought the game.

yeh it works... try holding the SHIFT and MINUS for about a second. then type the rest

did it 10seconds ago...waiting for the silly cut-scene of next mission to finish..

I cannot open the console with shift+"-". How can I open the console? 1.02 german translated english

The problem is that the single player is a piss poor, unfun and incomplete beta.

Waiting for yet another patch...........

This is insane... can not anyone edit the mission so that you can succesfully end the mission via a radio command or something? would be great.

i couldn't end this mission, either. i was already stuck in the previous mission (Armored Fist) - which i finally beat yesterday - so i really didn't feel like dicking around another 4 hours trying to find some hidden stragglers. as far as i can tell, i killed every enemy unit on the map; several tanks and BMPs that approached the camp, and several tanks and a Shilka at the enemy camp. i also let my gunner take out a number of enemy infantry squads. but the mission just wouldn't end.

so i did what i haven't done in years: i cheated.  confused_o.gif

on the positive side, the Hellfire missiles worked like a charm. i fired six of them and they all hit dead on. i think their accuracy has been greatly improved in v1.02 compared to v1.01.

reloading/rearming/refueling also worked but it was very complicated getting close enough. it only worked when i hovered very close to the trucks. it didn't work when i actually landed as the trucks wouldn't get close enough.

I couldn't even start it.

Get something about '...this mission has downloadable content that has been deleted'

I land to try and rearm and the trucks get instructions to follow my copter, they wont refuel or re-arm.

So far, there have been serious bugs in at least 1/3rd to 1/2 of the missions Ive encountered. mad_o.gif

I'd just like to report I've got the same problems with EVERYTHING.

I noticed that on the mission clipboard in the map, what happens is that the "Support Tandag Airbase" (or whatever the 3rd mission objective is) *never gets checked* even after moving on to the last objective (assault the enemy base). I think it's looking for the 3rd objective to get triggered before it triggers the last.

This literally had me screaming in frustration. The helicopter controls are difficult enough with a keyboard and mouse without having to just hover there like a moron for an hour.

Anyway, Shift-numpad minus endmission works. Recommend that to anybody having problems with it. Just remember it's your numpad's minus and you must release shift and minus at the same time.

I land to try and rearm and the trucks get instructions to follow my copter, they wont refuel or re-arm.

yes, it's supposed to work that way, but it doesn't.

instead, what you have to do is hover/land close enough to the trucks to trigger the action (repairing, refueling, rearming).

the difficult part is that you can only control the trucks when you are grounded. as soon as you leave the ground you will lose control of the trucks, and they will try to "evade" you when you hover too close.

it really looks and feels retarded when you acutally do it. sad_o.gif

Looks like patch 1.5 also failed to fixed this mission. I can clear the first attack on the base then we get the message to support the advance on the second base. I hear a message that they have secured the crossroads, but cannot actually see any reinforcements arriving for the counterattack.

I tried it loads of times then just gave up and used the endmission code to continue the campaign on to the Final Countdown mission.

Has anyone managed to complete this mission normally ?