Sign in to follow this  
eyes

Falklands

whoops silly me I had Bismark in my head wink.gif

I konw exactly what you mena about it being nearly all infantry combat, I love missions with purely infantry.

Just imagine attacking goose green with motars exploding everywhere with no cover and people screaming, medics running about. Helicopters landing between mortar explosions to casevac people out.

Also you cold play SBS and SAS missions where you have to attack the airfield and destroy aircraft. There is the chopper pilot as well, you could ferry troops and equipment to the battle field.

I think trenches would be possible, there isnt a problem when walking in the bunker. There would be a problem with vehiclas trying to cross they would bounce. Im sure BIS would advise people on how to solve it, they seem to be very kind to us all

mmmmmmm a dynamic falkland campain (like F4 Dynamic campain). *druels*

Yeah that should be really great a Falklands mod without any heavy tanks to fear for just infantry and some light armored transport vechiles

aslo bunkers should be great. Some ww2 bunkers that could ressist tank grenades or trenches where you could take cover in a dark night to shoot some flares in the air so the hell would burn again god i love those things smile.gif

*bump*

Just trying to keep it for everyone to see.

Must of not been replied to by the americans that take other this forum in the early hours smile.gif

Well after getting so much positive feedback from various sources I've decided to take the plunge and start work on a Falklands War campaign.

I've already made a few coop maps based on events in the Falkland Islands conflict such as the SAS attack on Pebble Island using British Special Forces addons...

Hopefully it should incorporate most of what happened during the few months of the conflict in a style similar to the offical OF campaign, including:

South Georgia Invasion

Falkland Islands Invasion

British Task Force buildup and deployment to Ascension Island

Pebble Island raid by SAS

San Carlos landings

Battle for Goose Green

Battle for Tumbledown Mountain

Ok Here's the other part!  I need dedicated people to help with this project (I know its gonna be tough), so I'm looking for:

Good Scripters/Cutscene people

Mapmakers

Retexturing experts  

Model Makers

Voice actors (Rural British accents)

I'm hoping (fingers crossed for oxygen) to have:

British Lynx, Sea King & Chinook Helicopters & Sea harrier

Argentinian Super Etentard (exocet launcher), Pucara, Puma helicopter

Remodelled SLR, and GPMG weapons

I know this is a bit ambitious, but I'm willing to put a lot of effort and work damn hard on making what I would say the Ofp engine is perfect for.. A mainly GROUND BASED conflict..

I'm already working on a website and forum, and will keep you all posted..

I also think it would be quite cool...

PLEASE contact me either via message service in this forum or via Email: Shauntbarry@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks and wish me luck  biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I would be happy to provide voice acting with my gutteral NE English accent wink.gif

i will do voice acting, but i might be hard to understand as im VERY geordie (northeast)

Guys the more the merrier.... Don't forget there was a LOT of rural speaking people in the Falks.. Geordies, Scousers, Brummies, etc Of course there was Southern guys, Scots, Welsh...

MADMIKE: I could do with some of your advice.. I'd like to incorporate your input into this..

I'm really hoping that this campaign will be VERY professional looking, there is no way I'm giving up on this.. I've done TONS of research on the Falks now (even though I knew shitloads already)

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP! biggrin.gif

I have heard from one meber thats theres already MOD group creating Falklands and the page will be released sooon (less than week) smile.gif

But i cannot found conntact on him anymore confused.gif

Just to let you know.. Our Texture guru Skaven has released some pictures of the new retextured Super Etendard (Exocet carrier) plane:

See what you think...

SEFlying.jpg

SEground.jpg

Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on making new models then put them in the game with Oxygen?

It might help if you did a little to improve special forces AI in the game. Whilst the AI is very good on the whole the AI for the special forces is a bit lacking-they die easily, and as the SAS and Royal MArine-two of the most highly trained infantry in the world you dont want them dieing very often.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 30 2002,23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wouldn't it be better to concentrate on making new models then put them in the game with Oxygen?<span id='postcolor'>

It's just a stop gap m8.. Just somethign to work on until the modellers arrive.. biggrin.gif

Ahh okies cool, keeping their hand in so to speak smile.gif

Our Falklands/Malvinas MOD page is laready out for a while but not open to public yet. Page should be opened on 2nd april so wait until is released biggrin.gif

There are some things that you should like.

Our page is finaly opened to public.

Hope you gonna like it. biggrin.gif

Falklands/Malvinas

We welcome every suggestion and every help. We are offering too through this post possiblyty for other MODers to join us with our common goal.  wink.gif

Seems strange that your site says that it was formed on 25.March 02

Just one day before I posted on here.....? hmmmmm

What are you implying? That they stole your idea? Which you came up with after 100 other falkland threads? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Morph @ April 06 2002,21:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Seems strange that your site says that it was formed on 25.March 02

Just one day before I posted on here.....?  hmmmmm<span id='postcolor'>

hmmmmmmmm i dont see in this articel

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">25.March 02

We are a small group of OFP players that just dont want to sit and watch. We want to participate on OFP developmnet so our steps lead to MOD scene. We have chosen relatively uknown conflict in not so far history. Armed concflict that on spring of year 1982 amaze world wit his intensity and circumvent even iniciator of this war. We all are fans of UK armed forces but this mod should have nothnig to do with politics. We want to be independet as much as possible and this is reason why we do this addon. We will not forget the sacrifice of the mans who died in this conflict and it doesnt depend on which side.

<span id='postcolor'>

anything about day whe we was founded wink.gif This just the first "article" after reworking of our page. I can put somewhere the older verison of the page if u want too. biggrin.gif

Dont get mee wrong i dont want to blame you. I think that peoples around OFP should be friends and peoples inside MOD comunity should be like good friends, not the competitors.

And the MODs sapce is enogh wide for everyone. We can cooperate or work on diferents projects. Our main and common goal should be increasing possiblities for OFP players.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Morph @ Mar. 28 2002,00:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Guys the more the merrier.... Don't forget there was a LOT of rural speaking people in the Falks.. Geordies, Scousers, Brummies, etc  Of course there was Southern guys, Scots, Welsh...

MADMIKE: I could do with some of your advice.. I'd like to incorporate your input into this..

I'm really hoping that this campaign will be VERY professional looking, there is no way I'm giving up on this.. I've done TONS of research on the Falks now (even though I knew shitloads already)

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP!  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not sure I follow what you mean by rural accents. I assumed you meant a country accent. But the UK, although not huge in land mass has alot of people and hundreds of well evolved accents all over. You need to be more specific.

And Geordie, Scouser and Brummie accents are certainly not rural accents, they are large industral city accents.

I may consider helping you voice acting wise if this thing kicks off and I can get my microphone to work properly. Make note of my e-mail address. I am from Somerset (South West England) which is a fairly rural part of the coutry, but my accent isn't very strong at all, if anything it sounds a bit South-Eastern, but definately English.

Jubs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> We can cooperate or work on diferents projects. Our main and common goal should be increasing possiblities for OFP players.<span id='postcolor'>

Well sorry to step in like this... was not the place, but it seems to be so now...

I agree but that isnt very consistent from our last chat, is it Akagi? Cooperation isnt only 1 sided.

Just does not seem serious enough, but of course you could have a different opinion since.