Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

BIS, who did you anoy?

Looking at the comments made at amazon Germany about Armed Assault see link (hope it works) I get the impression that many of them stem from rather biased people.

Maybe it is just me who is very sceptical about "anonymous" comments on the internet, but I realy believe there is more to it than just expressing dissapointment about a product. Most of the posters who made a negative statement are "new" to amazon and never made a comment before about any other product. Furthermore giving only one star as a rating is totally inobjective and probably aims to heavily reduce the overall rating of the game. Also, some of the points made indicate that the person actually never played the game and just works with polarising negative hearsay.

No, I am not implicating a new conspiracy theory by Codemasters but it is a bit strange! I know that some battlefield kiddies may see Armed Assault in a competitive light and in their puberty hormon overdose may feel motivated to write something stupid. But why are so many incorrect and unfair comments. Any guesses?

I can't read the actual comments but normally people only comment if they really liked the game or if they found it terrible.

It has received 3.5 stars overall which is fairly similar to the game mag ratings.

Frankly, i find that there has been growing negativity towards Armed Assault recently...I mean people didn't seem as hostile before the game's release, but now some people seem to think every single flaw, no matter how minor, makes the game unplayable.

Certainly, a comments section is polarising. However looking at comparable games ArmA's ratings are extreme. I just noticed that because I love to read comments on Amazon and I think I have a pretty good overview on how people generally rate at Amazon.de . Arma drops out of this general frame!

BTW: Good to see you are still here Llauma. Time for another Multiplayer session. I will be moving to Frankfurt for a month, but I believe I got DSL over there. Let me know when you people plan to go Coop!

You spelt annoy wrong! [bails] biggrin_o.gif

Seriously, I guess its from people whos sole purpose to visit amazon was to Buy ArmA if they seem like they are first timers.

And those people were not happy bunnys...

Anoy - Roger, got it!

Could be, but you dont have to actually buy a product at Amazon to be able to rate it! Thats the lame thing! So anyone can leave a comment! And most of the negative comments dont show much knowledge of the game itself. Reading it made me believe that the negative comments stem from people who never played it. But then why doing the effort to rate and write a review? I know, thats pure speculation. I just noticed it because other games arent a victim of such polarisation. But maybe this game is made to polarise!

Hey, don't worry, Bis is not the only one suffering.

Some dude was whining to codemasters about game 2 (codemasters forum)

It was quite funny. Browse forums.

By the way, I noticed that Codies updated their OFP2 website and changed the release date to 2008.

Bis also did so.

So there might be some real competition this time.

the reason for the bad reviews seems to steem from the fact that BIS made armed assault too powerful to FULLY enjoy on certain people's machines.

i honestly think that they put a bit too much on the graphical side and not enough on the little things (like tactical reloads, shooting from vehicles, more air and land units). the one thing they put most of the energy into is the one thing that never mattered to it's fans.

this game is harder on my machine than GRAW, DOOM 3, and FEAR (all of which i ran rather smoothly), and armed assault did not have to be graphically beautiful. armed assault's strenght lies with the player having control of large size forces in massive areas. if you make large cities on one big ass map, most players are going to have problems running the type of missions that they are accustomed to in OFP or vbs1.

the graphics needed an upgrade, but i think it went a bit too far and my fear is that many in the community will not stay with it. hopefully, there will be an island editor and some of you guys could make some small maps that have built up urban areas for urban warfare that won't kill our machines.

i will say that the open areas are great and the combat is awesome, just wish the cities could be more understanding. confused_o.gif