Sign in to follow this  
Soldaat

Very poor performance

Judging by the fact a lot of people are able to run the game smoothly on both high and low spec systems. It's more likely a system problem than a game problem, try altering your settings, and resolution, and clean up the hard drive.

Also try Ctrl + Alt + delete and check if something is eating your CPU.

Judging by the fact a lot of people are able to run the game smoothly on both high and low spec systems. It's more likely a system problem than a game problem, try altering your settings, and resolution, and clean up the hard drive.

Also try Ctrl + Alt + delete and check if something is eating your CPU.

I wouldn't count on that. IMO there's something wrong with the foliage because even a single bush in the middle of nowhere can make your PC (low or high end) crawl when you are close to it.

Made some screenshots:

1arma.jpg

Above = 10 fps with these settings:

2arma.jpg

Then when I lower everythign and also note the 500mtrs view distance but i also used 500 above and setting it on 1200 or more isnt bad or good for my fps (no change!wink_o.gif.

So with very low settings i get 30fps! but this is butt ugly and I got a pretty fast system (3700+ @ 2.8ghz, 2 gig memory, 7800GT 256mb).

3arma.jpg

low settings:

4arma.jpg

help.gif

I guess i must live with it? or buy a 8800GT band.gif

Ok now I'm scared... my specs:

CPU:

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 630 3.00GHz

Hyper-Threading Technology: Yes

Intel® Extended Memory 64 Technology: Yes

Intel® Virtualization Technology: No

Expected Processor Frequency: 3.0 GHz

Reported Processor Frequency: 3.0 GHz

Expected System Bus Frequency: 800 MHz

Reported System Bus Frequency: 800 MHz

RAM:

Kingston DDR 1GB PC400/PC3200 CL3

MAINBOARD:

Biostar P4M800-M7A LGA775/FSB 800Mhz DDR400 AGP 8X

VIDEOCARD

MSI GeForce NX6600 256MB, AGP 8x

could I run it at Medium and 1024x768huh.gif?

Soldaat,

I have the same specs as you.

Turn off the shadows and turn the textures to low.  Shadows are nice but they killed my framerate.

put the object and terrain detail to high. You should also be able to put AF to very high.

I have very good frame rates now.  I didn't before and was a little worried about the type of computer that you need to play the game.  You should be able to find a combination that works.

Also turn the shading detail down.

Game still looks good, but not as awe inspiring as possible. Get an 8800 you want it all (I'm assuming, anyone own one of these?)

Also, don't forget to do the maxmem thing in the shortcut and defrag.

Nubbin those suggestions helped me thanks.  Textures to low and shadows off is a great help.  The game feels a lot more responsive now, and i can even turn some other options up and make it look somewhat pretty.

The impact on the textures from normal to low was hardly noticeable anyway. The FPS increase is far more noticeable than any quality decrease.

No clue why.

And changing settings doesnt matter much if at all.

It's mostly running at 10-15 fps.

Shuttle SN25p

Got 3700+ overclocked to 2.8 ghz.

7800GT 256mb

2 gig memory

Resolution: 1680x1050

Even when I change view distance to 500 meters or set all settings on very low quality its still piss poor!

Cant play it to be honest like this.

Looks nice the game I must say. Gun sights are very ugly though.

Other games run fast.

Other games are not trying to simulate the vast size and scale of ArmA. No game does! Just play around with the settings until you get a happy medium. Post/Shader and Shadows are FPS killers. 1680 x 1050 may be a little ambitious for your rig.

E

Been looking forward to this game for ages now and all i need is good frame rates, i dont give a monkeys about all the other little bugs just as long as im hitting 50-60 or even higher FPS but right now im getting about 15-20 max in heavy going areas.... banghead.gif

I have a high end system what should walk this game with it's eyes closed.

AMD4800+X2 OPTIMIZED

NVIDIA 7800GTX'S OC RUNNING SLI

2GB XMS CORSAIR RAM

HIPER 580 PS

AUDIGY 2ZS

I agree, same problem...

And yes.... SLI working=same poor performance, no change.

I think you will pretty much need a PCI-E card to run this game well.

That is simply not right.

My 512MB AGP8X videocard on an AGP8X mainboard can handle ArmA with high settings in 1280x1024, viewdistance 1200 meters.

GeForce 7600GS 512 MB vram

AthlonXP 3200+ (Barton)

2x512 MB PC3200 Ram in Dualchannel mode

Unfortunately that does sod all for my frame rates, but others looking like they have a gain in performance so it may help some.

does anybody know when we might see another patch or heard anything from the other side of this operation saying that good things are on the horizon.

Got the game today and well after all the hype im very sad to say i dont like what i see, visualy very nice scenery but ive seen games made 5 years ago with better weapon graphics and the sounds are terrible the humvee sounds like my milkmans float coming up the road.

any ways back to why im posting, i am new to ofp series so i could be just not used to the way things work with these games.

When i move my soldier it feels like he is stuttering around when i walk up next to a car its like he is magnetic and it can be hard to walk away from the car like i am stuck to it.

when i look left and right it feels like its hard to turn at first then all or a sudden he spins and turns fast. causing me to get motion sickness after playing for more than 10 mins.

ive turned settings down to everything normal and screen res 1024 x768

rig spec

amd am2 athlon 64 dual core 2.4ghz

2 gigs of ocz 800mhz ram

asus m2n32 sli delux mobo

Sli 2 x bfg 7900gtx o.c.

games running of a raptor drive.

If the game will always play out like this i may as well sell it as i cant stand feeling sick from playing this help.gif

You might want to try the OFP demo and see how the movements work for you.

The movements are very different than ARMA and better implemented (in my opinion).

I also dislike the way they tried to simulate momentum (which by the way is done in a horrible way)

I also dislike the way they tried to simulate momentum (which by the way is done in a horrible way)

They didnt, try forcing vSync off in your driver settings, and set render frames ahead(nVidia)/Flip queue size(Ati) to 0.

That should sort the weird aiming feeling, and it should improve your FPS a bit.

(This is a tip for everyone, not just the people with performance problems)

They didnt, try forcing vSync off in your driver settings, and set render frames ahead(nVidia)/Flip queue size(Ati) to 0.

That should sort the weird aiming feeling, and it should improve your FPS a bit.

(This is a tip for everyone, not just the people with performance problems)

Where is set render frames ahead? I can't find it in the control panel.

Your not only telling me to get a card but a whole new system i hope you know. I dont have the money to upgrade to PCI.

The best agp card is the ATI Radeon 1950 Pro, so get that and you wont have to upgrade your whole system.