Sign in to follow this  
-)a)(

Campaign: Dolores (main-mission)

Hi,

i found a really annoying bug in the map Dolores. Unfortunately the AI is too stupid to cross the bridge, which i have to blow up. Sometimes any of the tanks don't cross the bridge, some of them drive in the water and explode, the BMPs usually drive through the water, but they are too stupid to drive on the steep shore... The soldiers in the truck usually deboard before the truck crosses the bridge. The soldiers ran along the shoreside outside the city...

Besides that, the tanks loves to crash together and then they fly hundreds of meters through the air. I guess it's because of the wired physic engine...

So BIS what's wrong?! Not only with the map, but also with you guys?! This game is a real disappointment, not just because of this bug...

Could you please post your sys specs and settings, maybe somebody can help you then (well, I'm experiencing similar problems in this mission).

Selbstverständlich...

PROCESSOR: P4 3,2 Ghz

MEMORY: 2048 MB Ram

SOUND: SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS

GRAPHIC: Gainward 7876-BLISS 7800GS+ AGP 512MB GS SFX

MAINBOARD: MSI 875P NEO-FIS2R

Resolution 1280x1024. All settings in ArmA are set to 'normal'. Framerate in this mission ranges from 15 to 25 fps.

I've got the same thing, in many places in the campaign. The AI is completely broken, and I have to say, BIS had no business releasing ArmA in its current state! I've tried to like it for over a week now but I uninstalled it today and am going to make some missions in OFP. Hopefully, Arma will get fixed before it gets released anywhere else because its not getting very good reviews and word spreads fast on the web.

My Specs

C2D 6700

eVGA 680i

4 Gigs Corsair 6400 DDR2

1 TB Western Digital

SB X-Fi

Leadtek 8800 GTX 768 MB

Lite on 16 x DVD

Thermaltake Kandalf

Enermax Liberty 620 PSU

Samsung SM-244T

E

Exactly the samn damn issues. This game is unplayable like this.

Specs : Intel core 2 Duo 6700

2 gigs Adata vitesta DDR2 800

Asus m/b

ATI X1900XTX

4 x 200 gigs HDD

banghead.gifbanghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]Have you all patched to 1.01?

AI making their way through water is still an issue, even with patch. Tested it yesterday after a fresh reinstall and patching.

Pathfinding was on the AI fixes list for the patch but they still drive like madmen at times. The 4x4 in another campaign mission still thinks it can go through walls and keeping the car on the road seems to be very hard for AI if they are grouped to other vehicles.

Hi Placebo. I am running the downloaded version fully patched. I re installed my machine with latest drivers so I cannot understand why there are so many problems

I have finished dolores twice without a problem. I always just wait intil he goes "FLASH FLASH". I place my bombs below the bridge on the pillars supporting the bridge. You can actually walk to the second one on low water, so you won't lose your weapon.

When I blow up the bridge all the vehicles have already crossed the bridge and only the truch is blown up. I don't know what you people are talking about with the other vehicles going into the water.

Then after that the mission updates and I have to destroy a BMP.

I find this mission easy, but perhaps I can make a video walk through of it (although I have no hosting space).

I have finished dolores twice without a problem. I always just wait intil he goes "FLASH FLASH". I place my bombs below the bridge on the pillars supporting the bridge. You can actually walk to the second one on low water, so you won't lose your weapon.

Oh yeah, maybe i should just wait for the "FLASH FLASH"... Very good idea...  rofl.gif  wink_o.gif

When I blow up the bridge all the vehicles have already crossed the bridge and only the truch is blown up. I don't know what you people are talking about with the other vehicles going into the water.

Hmmh, why do we talk about other vehicles which go into the water... let me think... hmmh... ah, because probably they do so?! And maybe that's the reason why there is no "FLASH FLASH"?! I guess the "Flash Flash" signal is an sripted event, activated when all vehicles had crossed the bridge.

I find this mission easy, but perhaps I can make a video walk through of it (although I have no hosting space).

Yes, that would be really nice. Then we know how the mission should run, but unfortunately it wouldn't help, because this mission/game is buggy, we're not too dumb to play it...

Greetz

I had this and wat i did was i did this mission again without doing the secondary ops and apparently that seemed to work they finally called that "flash flash flash" order

i think also the incrace the speed also messes it up but anyways thats how it is on my end