Sign in to follow this  
Sen†ry ˛°°ł

Tiberian Genesis Mod

welcome.gif all!

I think some of you guys know us... our mod was for OFP, and now for Armed Assault! atm we have worked a bit for ArmA, like some tests with our models and textures.

Here some progress reports

http://www.tiberian-genesis.com/content/tg_mod_aa_pics.rar

how i have said, they are just tests... what do you guys think about it? And what do you think about these textures? "on the vulcan cannon and on the green tiberium" is it good? is it bad? is it sh** or what ever nener.gif

pls answer! thx

ltrs

Sen†ry ˛°°ł

I havent heard anything about C&Cmod before.

Iam big fan of C&C, so I am fascinated

smile_o.gif

Yeah they'v been around for awhile. Originally there were two C&C mods,TD and TS,one led by Stu an the other by Sentry. Stu went to Roman work and left all buildings and units he had worked on with me. The TS mod has been around OFP since early2005,having released a Juggernaught Addon which had walking animation,imags of their harvesters,several GDI and Nod buildings,Ion cannons as well as a video demonstrating the building of structures,similar to CTI. There is a similar mod for C&C Renegade called "Reborn". And as good as it is,I think this will be better,reason being is,even though Reborn has the better graphical and texture look,this ahs more in common with the actual game,for some reason Reborn is adding several units that were not in the game,not to mention you could have more large scale battles with OFP and Armed Assault.

Yeah they'v been around for awhile. Originally there were two C&C mods,TD and TS,one led by Stu an the other by Sentry. Stu went to Roman work and left all buildings and units he had worked on with me. The TS mod has been around OFP since early2005,having released a Juggernaught Addon which had walking animation,imags of their harvesters,several GDI and Nod buildings,Ion cannons as well as a video demonstrating the building of structures,similar to CTI. There is a similar mod for C&C Renegade called "Reborn". And as good as it is,I think this will be better,reason being is,even though Reborn has the better graphical and texture look,this ahs more in common with the actual game,for some reason Reborn is adding several units that were not in the game,not to mention you could have more large scale battles with OFP and Armed Assault.

Of course, Reborn pwns us with their skins n' textures.. if we find some texture creators like them then we will pwn them too with the textures and with our feautures what we have in arma what they havent in C&C Renegade ;P

And we will do some custom units too, like:

GDI: Sniper, Officer, Chemical Unit, Special Unit ( will not give more infos about it biggrin_o.gif ), Machinegunner

NOD: Sniper, officer, Flamethrower Unit, Special Unit (like black hand, but no infos for now biggrin_o.gif ), Machinegunner

some more will follow i think

and for the weapon equipment:

we will not only do example for GDI a Assault riffle and a Disc Grenade, we will do some couple of weapons, like sniper riffles, flamethrower, chemical thrower, rocket launcher(s), mines, grenades (smoke, explode) , pistols, Machineguns (light & heavy), some assault guns (maybe with grenlauncher) , minigun, shotguns, railgun, tiberium gun and some more biggrin_o.gif

Just, the Vehicles and buildings will not be customised, only Infantries and weapons.

Sentry

Guest [B.B.S.] T_D

@xnodunitx

Do you have any projects you are working on at the moment? If not you maybe could become our urgently needed texture artist? ^^ whistle.gif

We have a lot of grey and boring faces to colorize tounge2.gif

Currently the projects I am part of are somewhat on hold and waiting for armed assault so there is no activity as far as texturing goes,the ones I want to do most I fear I would have to wait for Armed Assault...but if you are willing,toss me a texture or two and I'll see what I can do,just gotta give me a reference or the vehicle...oh wait,gray,its not even mapped is it?

I might be able to do a thing or two,moreso freelance work you might say,not dedicated. Atleast until I have some of the other things out of the way.

However if I were to do volunteer work it would only be for exact TS units,no custom units,as I feel it kind of falls out of the universe unless you set a different timeline of these units AFTER the original.

Currently the projects I am part of are somewhat on hold and waiting for armed assault so there is no activity as far as texturing goes,the ones I want to do most I fear I would have to wait for Armed Assault...but if you are willing,toss me a texture or two and I'll see what I can do,just gotta give me a reference or the vehicle...oh wait,gray,its not even mapped is it?

I might be able to do a thing or two,moreso freelance work you might say,not dedicated. Atleast until I have some of the other things out of the way.

However if I were to do volunteer work it would only be for exact TS units,no custom units,as I feel it kind of falls out of the universe unless you set a different timeline of these units AFTER the original.

would be nice if you could help us, and if you have got the knowhow about texturing then you will be automatically in the TG mod :P

it just needs your word "yes" nener.gif

Sentry

Woah this looks great. Cant wait till 505 arma is out. How will the mod play out?.. is it like renegade? or a mix of rts and fps?

Hmm..I don't know,if anything it would be temporary,unless some things die down,all I can is we'll see,besides. Shouldn't I need to be tested to see if I have the required skill first? tounge2.gif

How do you plan on doing Visceroids? If indeed you are doing them.

Plus, what about the music, the most defining part of CnC? What are you plans on implementing it at this stage?

Woah this looks great. Cant wait till 505 arma is out. How will the mod play out?.. is it like renegade? or a mix of rts and fps?

it will be a mix, in renegade you cant build your own bases, but in our mod you will be able.

@xnodunitx

of course we have to test you band.gif

@Myst9999

We will do Visceroids, and i think we will do an extra animation for it, and a weapon like in OFP strokefist, but with more attackrange, like 4-5meters...

Public:

Soon some new news about the GUI menu, we will do a little video about it, it has included original C&C Tiberian Sun movies in the buttons, just a little surprise soon whistle.gif

Sentry xmas_o.gif

Got a little Question about animations for arma... i have listened that it is possible to do them in Maya right? is in the BIS Arma tools an plugin included for import maya anims to oxygen?

Btw, my Name is changed from Sen†ry ²Â°Â°³ to Sentry, thx Placebo =)

Sentry

I've got a question, why not make this a full-blown RTS like the real C&C? <cough>

wink_o.gif

lol

looks nice, but we would like to do the RTS feeling in 3d, that progress what you have there is like C&C Generals biggrin_o.gif, we would do an mix of Tiberian Sun, Renegade and Arma

Tiberian Sun Units/Buildings/Vegeatation/ + feeling

Renegade Buying units and weapons on the Buildings, like on Barracks you can build your soldiers and your weapons, and so go on

Arma The feautures for arma, some realism from arma, and thath great pssobly to do that in arma.

If we do it like this there, then we can buy Generals and do the mod there, but Tiberian Sun Rising mod is doing this biggrin_o.gif

But great idea you have made there, we have just this for building the buildings etc, but not for playing the whole time :P

Sentry

I'd be mostly in it for seeing a Nod base from ground view and how things look inside,RTS and FPS mixup where the commander can have the RTS view and soldiers get only FPs/third person view,or as I'v seen so far anyway.

I'd be mostly in it for seeing a Nod base from ground view and how things look inside,RTS and FPS mixup where the commander can have the RTS view and soldiers get only FPs/third person view,or as I'v seen so far anyway.

You got it biggrin_o.gif

Btw, here is our new Forum. Pls sign up who wants!

http://www.tiberiangenesis.11gebot.de/

it is just new, and atm not linked up on the Tiberian Genesis Homepage. We have made an English section and an German section, so, who has got any questions, ideas or something like that, so go on to that forum, register and post your thing, we will post an answer for sure biggrin_o.gif

We need a community, so who has got any interest at this mod, register on the forum... Thanks you!

Sentry

NEW NEWS!

Hi Guys...

Here is our progress report from our Armed Assault GUI menu in our mod style! We have made a little video about it, so you CANT think that we fake you guys with those little video buttons. crazy_o.gif

cc_arma_gui.jpg

And (here) you can download it... enjoy!

And soon comes again a new video, about the GTC, the build menu!

Sentry

I think it's pretty awesome. Doesn't look like or feel like ArmA. nice jorb. Wanna tell me how you did a video and animations for gui?

haha this looks cool smile_o.gif

Looking forward to it, isnt there anything dangerous in terms of copyrighted stuff? :S

Its interesting but I'm not sure if the animated buttons are really necessary..oh and shame on you for having used a Renegade theme in place of Tiberian Sun,it may be one of the best Renegade themes but still tounge2.gif

Guest [B.B.S.] T_D

The menu itself uses TS themes but FRAPS didn't record the sound so I took a Renegade theme.

cool stuff guys smile_o.gif

very well done thumbs-up.gif

Its interesting but I'm not sure if the animated buttons are really necessary..oh and shame on you for having used a Renegade theme in place of Tiberian Sun,it may be one of the best Renegade themes but still tounge2.gif

Renegade?!

Ah you mean the soundtrack... ^^

Ye it is, but its nice ;P

@MrZig

It is a hard work with some hundert pics nener.gif

@Jack-UK

we got the permissions from EA, so we can use it. But we will write in the readme a text about it, trademarks etc

And soon comes a new video about our buildmenu...

Sentry

New name, new account, new year and...

yeah ....a new video like promised about the GDI Build Menu. You can get it here in our new forums. If you have any questions or suggestions you can leave a post there wink_o.gif

The whole mod staff wishes everybody a happy new year!!