Sign in to follow this  
zerg63

Woodland BDU Soldier

I am surprised how good the HYK textures look in Arma, but IMO they aren't the most accurate woodland BDU textures.

If I were to make a suggestion it would be to re-texture the body armor and pouches with the HYK texture, for it looks inconsistent. I always thought the woodland interceptor in arma was way off in terms of colors anyway.

Wow,indeed they do look quite sleek,But yes I agree with ebns72 on this,the body armor just seems out of place. Also a a tad bit worried about the creases in the camoflauge showing when they aren't supposed to ingame. Nontheless,great job. thumbs-up.gif

One thing I keep noticing is the body armour doesnt seem to have the bulk the real stuff has. It fits more like a sweater, too tight. Needs some gurth. Thats a model issue.

Looks great! Like all your work for OFP and now in ArmA thumbs-up.gif

Pattern is too small. Looks like a darker multicam that way.

Guest Ti0n3r

Oh my... That looks great wow_o.gif

Nice work Zerg63!

What tool did you use to repack the pbo?

I edited some textures and i tried to repack with WinPbo but i always get a error about a p3d file when i load ArmA sad_o.gif

Nice work Zerg63!

What tool did you use to repack the pbo?

I edited some textures and i tried to repack with WinPbo but i always get a error about a p3d file when i load ArmA sad_o.gif

This might help.

Just don't forget to credit HYK if you release it.

sure smile_o.gif

LOL! I spent 10mins thinking I was looking at a photograph!

Does ArmA run ok even with such high quality artwork and models or is it pants on average PC's? Those textures and artwork look very demanding but omg they're so nice to look at biggrin_o.gif

Really nice and crisp Zerg63. [Why credit HYK, are the textures his?] Edit: NVM

Also, has anyone heard from HYK and might he come back for ArmA? (would like to see his modern army variation of the ACU soldiers and possibly some OPFOR this time)

Really nice and crisp Zerg63. [Why credit HYK, are the textures his?] Edit: NVM

Also, has anyone heard from HYK and might he come back for ArmA? (would like to see his modern army variation of the ACU soldiers and possibly some OPFOR this time)

I believe HYK is actually attached to the Japanese Mod and is making troops for them. From what I herd that's where he spends most of his time.

Okay,I'v definatly marked this one my "to get" list once its out.

Same here, these are looking really great!

nice work here too thumbs-up.gif

but still one thing I don't get, why do they put Googles on them if you cannot lower them confused_o.gif

BIS should give us the tools soon, can't wait to start modelling for ArmA smile_o.gif