Sign in to follow this  
Cam51

How many people are online?

I was wondering how many people are actually playing the game online? I know that once I get my copy, I won't even attempt to play single player for at least a month.

Personally, I buy games now a days just for the multiplayer capibilites.

So, with join in progress, whats the average number of people you guys are seeing online? And whats the highest number you have seen on at one time so far?

That list of servers is actually pretty impressive so far.

There are currently 80 plus people playing online right now. Thats awesome news for having this game only released in a few countries

Just imagine when it gets fully released, it'll be so beautiful it'll bring a tear to my eye :sniff: crazy_o.gif

There aren't any American servers! Looks like I'm going to be lagging when I play online sad_o.gif

Hey guys, to go along with Cam51's question I too have a question.

I am not sure if this is what he meant but heres my question. To those who have Armed Assault and have played Multiplayer, how many ppl can a server support. The reason I came so attraced to this game was not just the realism, graphics,etc. but , was for the Massive Multiplayer battles.

there's stock maps that can hold 60 players,but if i remember in ofp there's actually no limit (with custom maps) as long as the servers got the bandwidth.

i bet we will see 150 player CTI's smile_o.gif

There's no hard limit, just server power limiting the number of players, so you can theorically go as high as you want.

But 150 is really optimistic, if you ask me

it's looking good though,this is what suma said in the netcode thread....

"I would even say ArmA bandwidth requiremens are lower than OFP, thanks to numerous optimizations, but as already said, it really depends on the mission, and with more players and more complex missions the bandwidth requirements will be higher.

While developing Xbox version, we estimated around 32kbps per player is needed on the server in a moderately complex mission, including voice over net."

Yup, but on OFP at least, players number also heavily impacted server CPU, not only bandwidth, and, Suma stated it somewhere back in the day, with high number of players, the server main cause of CPU stress was packet relaying and all the networking stuff, more than actual mission playing, AI decisions and so on.

And, in the quote you show, Suma only talks about bandwidth wink_o.gif We still don't know the exact CPU impact of X players on server

Unfortunatly, I have never played OFP. So What was the average people in an average server? How big were the maps? And What was the most ammount of people you have seen/played with?

I think it would be cool if somone could re-make or just put in the whole map of Sahrani in a multiplayer map. That would be pretty cool but, thats for another discussion later.

m8,the whole map of sahrani IS in every multiplayer map.

you play on the whole island.u can get in a chopper and go for 400km.

m8,the whole map of sahrani IS in every multiplayer map.

you play on the whole island.u can get in a chopper and go for 400km.

more like 20 km if you go straight, island itself about 12 km, whole map including all water is 20 km x 20 km

OOOooo nice. But, a big islands is not fun unless there are massive ammounts of people and gunfire and vehiclas. That would be like Christmas everyday xmas_o.gif . So how many people now AND in the future will be in a big server? (Does that make sense?) I mean I am really really looking forward to Massive battles (and reamlism and all that good stuff stated above +more) but I will be very dissapointed to see 50vs50 being the biggest battles.

So far I think no one tested the practical server limit in terms of number of players. And dedicated for Linux is not out either

We'll have to wait a bit to see the big dedicated coming out and how they behave, etc...

Right now there are 150 players playing..

There are 50 servers up, it's important to note that only 10 of those are dedicated servers however.

40 are 'hosted' games with someone playing at the computer also.

And 3 of those dedicated servers are 'spam' servers running on the same computer by a company trying to sell bad dedicated servers.

Whats the most ammount of people in a server you have seen so far?

Whats the most ammount of people in a server you have seen so far?

There was a 40 player game on the =FZG=Funzocker server yesterday.

It looked like they were trying to play the BI CTI.

And... how many do you think you will see

how many do you HOPE you will see

There's no hard limit, just server power limiting the number of players, so you can theorically go as high as you want.

But 150 is really optimistic, if you ask me

Optimistic? Quite a few years ago there was a 150 player Tribes 2 server running. Novalogic also released "a game" that could handle 150 players.

I think it will be possible today, but we need someone with the bandwidth to test of course.

Just played on the "Beer Assasins" server, was empty so me and a friend went on it and started a game.

About ten minutes later it was full at 21/21 smile_o.gif

Seems to be alot more stable than OFP was biggrin_o.gif

armascorevs4.th.jpg

(Tim is me)

Whats the largest server of people you have seen so far???