Sign in to follow this  
Kasatka

Big bugs..

The we can't rise the Hind landing gear like the real one..

Mi24a_2.jpg

Wrong gunner position in BMP2...

bmp1vbmp2.GIF

I and a lot of other peoples want the Mi-26 Halo to be the East counterpart for the Chinnok....

MI26e.jpg

And a Tourret for the BRDM and a Mgun for the Hummer...

A BTR-80 for the East......

btr8.jpg

...and a Lav-25 for the West

lav-25-dvic371.jpg

You call those "big bugs"? A big bug is when the game crashes, or won't work at all, or something like that, at the most they're design flaws.......

And the second part of the post are things you want adding to the game, the fact they're not in the game doesn't make them bugs...........

People always moan about OFP, oh look this is slightly wrong.

Think of all the good stuff thats in OFP and start think positive about the game.

I would be so pissed of if I had spent 4 years making a game to see people whinning about tiny things

I remember watching a 1950's B-movie with big bugs in it. A big bug mod should be made OFP, where the Americans and the Soviets are forced to work together to fight off an army of big bugs... now that would be fun! smile.gif

-G

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodsport @ Jan. 28 2002,20:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I remember watching a 1950's B-movie with big bugs in it.  A big bug mod should be made OFP, where the Americans and the Soviets are forced to work together to fight off an army of big bugs... now that would be fun!   smile.gif

-G<span id='postcolor'>

Doesnt anybody remember the Commodore Amiga-game "It came from the desert"? That was brilliant...talk about BUGS!!!

COMMENTS ON THE FIRST POST

-"Hinds, and BMP´s and stuff I´ve never heard of?!?....thats no bugs....Hrmpf...bugs?!?....I´ll show em bugs... LAV-25?!?!...thats not even an INSECT!!!...Hmmmm..."

*walks of, mumbling to myself....*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sandman @ Jan. 28 2002,20:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Doesnt anybody remember the Commodore Amiga-game "It came from the desert"? That was brilliant...talk about BUGS!!!<span id='postcolor'>

LOL yeah I remember that, great game, homage to the 50's B-Movies, giant ants, using a pistol in first person mode to shoot off their antenna, gotta love it smile.gif

One thing they just HAVE to fix with the BRDM is to make it possible to close those armoured plates over the windows so U cant get shot in the head. I couldnt think of a name for them...Im not saying this is a big bug just because the topic sayes big bugs, I just think its kinda stupid not to have that in the action menue. Anyone think the opposite ?

How about some spaceships in OFP?

I also want a DeathIsland - like the DeathStar, just an island instead, with killertrees that can shoot firebolts. I want it now and I expect it for free.

wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ Jan. 29 2002,04:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The bug i hate the most in OFP is ater typing you sometimes get popped out of your vehicle.  

That tends to result in death.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, the result can be worse than "Turn out". I have several times against my will ejected from choppers when I've typed a message. I have also accidently blown up some satchel charges. And so on. That should be fixed... confused.gif

When you said Big Bugs, I was hoping you might be talking about a Starship Troopers or Aliens mod for OFP. tounge.gif

The LAV-25 would be great, was it around in 1985 though? Another vehicle I would love to see is the Dragoon, but I don't think it was around in enough numbers to justify adding it.

One thing that really bugs me (no pun intended) is when you're inserted by helicopter and it lands, kicks you out then takes off again with the rest of your squad still inside - forcing you to tell them to disembark to get it to land again.

This seems to only happen when the squad leader is human, AI squad leaders seem to be able to get their men to disembark when the helicopter lands the first time.

While not a serious bug, it can be a complete pain - especially when the LZ is hot, or you've got a human opponent in MP that's spotted the Helo trying to land for the 2nd time.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

when you're inserted by helicopter and it lands, kicks you out then takes off again with the rest of your squad still inside - forcing you to tell them to disembark to get it to land again.

While not a serious bug, it can be a complete pain - especially when the LZ is hot, or you've got a human opponent in MP that's spotted the Helo trying to land for the 2nd time.

<span id='postcolor'>

Using the 1.40 patch? I think this problem is specific to that patch - it did not exist in 1.30 and is fixed in 1.42