Sign in to follow this  
Jochen

Destroying bridges

Does anybody know how to destroy bridges using satchel charges ?

No matter where I place them, they just explode without even scratching the target ... .

Thanks

In OFP it takes about 12 satchels (from memory) to destroy a bridge span.

I'm not sure about ArmA, but I remember it taking less than 3 charges to take out a bridge span on Nogova in OFP... otherwise a certain campaign mission (can't remember the name) would have been impossible to complete.

I'm not sure about ArmA, but I remember it taking less than 3 charges to take out a bridge span on Nogova in OFP... otherwise a certain campaign mission (can't remember the name) would have been impossible to complete.

It was scripted in the campaign mission to destroy the bridge after being damaged by three satchels. But it definatly takes more than 3 to destroy it without scripting. wink_o.gif

It was scripted in the campaign mission to destroy the bridge after being damaged by three satchels. But it definatly takes more than 3 to destroy it without scripting. wink_o.gif

No, you're wrong. I just blew up the first bridge section in the mission editor with only three satchels.

Its logical to place the satchels around the pilons to destory the bridge.

However the game requires you to place the satchels underneath the main part of the bridge in between any set of pilons.

Hope this helps if not I can supply you with an image of the exact location for that campaign mission.

It was scripted in the campaign mission to destroy the bridge after being damaged by three satchels. But it definatly takes more than 3 to destroy it without scripting.  wink_o.gif

No, you're wrong. I just blew up the first bridge section in the mission editor with only three satchels.

Well I haven't tried it really, but I did check the campaign mission in the editor and it does setdammage the bridge. But if 3 works then thats fine.

It only does that as a failsafe for those who are inexperienced at bridge demolition.

It only does that as a failsafe for those who are inexperienced at bridge demolition.

Yeah, real men use a GBU-10.

Of course, I'm sure the AV-8's GBU-12 firecrackers are quite capable of doing it, too.

After a few practice hits.

When I'm tasked with taking out a bridge I usually just ram a UH60 or an A10 into it.

When I'm tasked with taking out a bridge I usually just ram a UH60 or an A10 into it.

we've found our Battlefield 2 Player Of the Year! tounge2.gif

People who don't buy ArmA don't get to seek support on the official BIS forums.