Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

How to play CZ/GER version completely in English

Has or is anyone working on translating the Manual to English?

huh.gif

Very nice work.

I think the readme should say which files are going to be modified.

Or did I just miss it?

Thanks m8s smile_o.gif

Well, you can lookup which files are edited by opening the patchwise.log, or by taking a look into the patchwise.bak folder yourself (Both Located in the ArmA folder).

Besides, in the readme is a link to this thread, and the first post got a FAQ section, covering all such questions... I like to keep that in the thread instead of the readme, as it keeps it dynamic/easy updatable and addable smile_o.gif

Some spelling mistakes that I noticed in the "Final Countdown" briefing:

"haev" instead of "have" and "completely" is incorrectly spelled with two Ls.

Also the sentence about the Harrier charting enemy positions sound a wee bit odd.

Excuse me for asking this but i`me new to this and dont want to make any mistakes. I have the Morthicon download v1.1 and patched to english all with no problems.

Now to upgade to 1.2 i have to remove the language patch wich involves the patchwise.bak. If i understand it correctly i open this in one window and in another window i find the coresponding file in armed assault , i take the patchwise.bak file place it over the armed assault file and replase it,this is done for all files individually until no files are left in patchwise.bak. Then i patch to 1.2 then i install language patch 0.9. all sorted hopfully ? also do i remove the empty patchwise.bak folder before patching ? hopfully this is right,and if not someone might point me in the right direction.

thanx for any help xmas_o.gif

I removed everything was',nt sure what to do beings 1.02 came out so i uninstalled everything but forgot the ArmA folder so it did'nt work an I believe thats what part of the problem was when i tried applying the 1st patch an language conv. Don't quote me but thats what I'm getting ready to do right now OUT tounge2.gif

Thanks for spelling corrections m8s!

What you say, is exactly what you gotto do.

You can either remove or leave the Patchwise.bak folder, as it's of no consequence and it will get populated with backup files after installing the language patch anyway.

btw: you can select multiple files and folders by holding shift or ctrl while clicking on a file or folder, this way, you do not have to copy/move the files individually, but you can do a whole bunch at once.

As last resort you can uninstall/reinstall game, patch 1.02 and then the language patch, but that's all up to you and only nececairy if placing back the backup files is going wrong somehow smile_o.gif

Goodluck!

Yeah must've done somthing wrong uninstalled everything, then did the patches, then did the language conversion game is in German still should I've just applied 1.02 an left the rest? The other recomendations I've never done anything like that as far as swapping files an adding files.So lil lost crazy_o.giftounge2.gif

Yeah must've done somthing wrong uninstalled everything, then did the patches, then did the language conversion game is in German still should I've just applied 1.02 an left the rest? The other recomendations I've never done anything like that as far as swapping files an adding files.So lil lost crazy_o.gif  tounge2.gif

After uninstalling your game, did you remove your ArmA folder from your harddrive? That seemed to have solved it for some ppl.

So after uninstalling, delete the ArmA folder from harddrive with Windows Explorer etc.

Install Game again

Patch to v1.02, make sure it goes 100% succesfull

unpack Language patch v0.9 into arma folder

After Unpacking the language patch, run the patch exe for your language version (german) and let the patch apply.

If ur playing at our Servers (I think I saw you right :P), we would like to ask you to install the 6thSense mod v0.2 (if all the rest went successfull), you gotto unpack it into your arma folder, run the 6th-mod_v0.2-install.bat from the @6thSense folder, follow instructions on screen, and use the ArmA Laucher located in your @6thSense\Tools folder

It is not nececairy, but with the mod enabled, we don't see kill, killed and report messages etc. so it does the realism good. Aswell as some added markers.

Goodluck, and meet you soon smile_o.gif

ps: Please don't double post (posting here and on the 6th), besides, I would like to keep all the support in here, centerred in 1 position and others could find a fix this way aswell biggrin_o.gif

Yup sry, will give that a go thanx for the help, an yes it was me hehehe tounge2.gif

Np m8, hope it works out! If you still get problems, please PM me your patchwise.log, it's located in your arma folder.. If you double click it, you can make it open with notepad and copy/paste the contents to the pm smile_o.gif

huh.gif

Uhmmm... I have the full version of Acrobat... If... Well, it seems my question was ignored... So, nevermind...

huh.gif

huh.gif

Uhmmm...  I have the full version of Acrobat... If... Well, it seems my question was ignored... So, nevermind...

huh.gif

I thought your question was directed at everyone, to see who would react if they were working on it.

Sorry for not replying m8! We're not working on a manual translation, as I saw that as the least of an ArmA's fan's worries, and at least it would arrive when the 505 release would be there smile_o.gif

Are you proposing to translate it or still searching for interested ppl who would like to do it, I can ask around if you wish?

Sickboy,

today I saw that you have answered to my question about

marian quandt still talking german with your language pack

ger. - eng.

Is it possible to get an update if the eu version (including

english language full) of ArmA is released next year?

Thank you for your work!

xmas_o.gif

hi!

I just bought last night online the german version of ArmA. It comes now with the 1.02.5103 version.

I have donwloaded the 6th Sense ArmA (for v1.02-only) Language Patcher v0.9 from diferent websites, including 6thsense website.

I unzip with no problems and when I try to applie the pacth always gives the same error message:

"Data integrity (CRC) error ocurred!

If you downloaded this file, try to download it again."

Dou you know what can be happening?

Saludos

Yeah must've done somthing wrong uninstalled everything, then did the patches, then did the language conversion game is in German still should I've just applied 1.02 an left the rest? The other recomendations I've never done anything like that as far as swapping files an adding files.So lil lost crazy_o.gif  tounge2.gif

Sorry all this is reply to the fix for above post (was playing, an learning the editor yay.gif ) Anyways I had problems after getting the Language coversion to work with 1.02 patch when it came out an realised after checking the forumns I was using version 8 not version 9 of the Language conversion so once I switched that everything worked fine banghead.giftounge2.gif

hi!

I just bought last night online the german version of ArmA. It comes now with the 1.02.5103 version.

I have donwloaded  the 6th Sense ArmA (for v1.02-only) Language Patcher v0.9 from diferent websites, including 6thsense website.

I unzip with no problems and when I try to applie the pacth always gives the same error message:

Saludos

Heya, please PM me your patchwise.log (open it with notepad), file located in your ArmA folder.

There are 2 language patcher files included in the v0.9, which should be labelled with v1.02 and GERMAN or CZECH... please verify you take the correct file.

If there is no log file etc, and the file seems to be corrupted everytime.. try deleting all files related to it, and retry downloading it from one of the mirrors. Too much overclocked CPU/MEM, overheated CPU/MEM and or defective CPU/MEM, can cause corruption while unpacking btw... but afaik Winrar should give you a CRC error then, and not the patch itself smile_o.gif

PS Sorry for late response..

hi!

I have donwloaded the 6th Sense ArmA (for v1.02-only) Language Patcher v0.9 from diferent websites, including 6thsense website.

Saludos

Heya, please PM me your patchwise.log (open it with notepad), file located in your ArmA folder.

There are 2 language patcher files included in the v0.9, which should be labelled with v1.02 and GERMAN or CZECH... please verify you take the correct file.

If there is no log file etc, and the file seems to be corrupted everytime.. try deleting all files related to it, and retry downloading it from one of the mirrors. Too much overclocked CPU/MEM, overheated CPU/MEM and or defective CPU/MEM, can cause corruption while unpacking btw... but afaik Winrar should give you a CRC error then, and not the patch itself smile_o.gif

PS Sorry for late response..

HI:

Patchwise.log is empty...

Sure I applied the correct file; german to english...

game work fine, and the system is quite stable...

I will reinstall game and patch again and see what happens...

Saludos

I had problems at first too with simalar error until I went to version 9 reapplied 1.02 then did the language conversion.

This is pretty good, it should be pinned lol

Agreed, could a mod pin this? It just keeps getting dug up anyway...

I can't get 1.02 patch at the moment - can I find the link to get older version of this Patcher ? I only got 1.01 Arma at the moment

I can't get 1.02 patch at the moment - can I find the link to get older version of this Patcher ? I only got 1.01 Arma at the moment

Some site still might have it, but I basicly do not support old-game versions as then i'm going to need 2 Einsteins by the time we're on version 1.96 biggrin_o.gif

Frankly speaking you cuold make yuor patcher suit for all versions if you use slightly different technique - unpacking/depacking pbo's with your installer not just patching it.

I made such an rusification/englofication for OFP 1.96 a while ago.

Frankly speaking you cuold make yuor patcher suit for all versions if you use slightly different technique - unpacking/depacking pbo's with your installer not just patching it.

I made such an rusification/englofication for OFP 1.96 a while ago.

True, but rather than having ppl screw around with bat files or write a program etc, I choose to have a GUI patcher.

Besides, the ones that can't patch to v1.02 are probably illegal copies anyway wink_o.gif