Sign in to follow this  
FLYBOY4258

.50 cal rifle

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Joe Porta @ Mar. 30 2002,13:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You lot shouldint give Flyboy such a hard time!  I remember when I met him back in Nam'68, he was my Platoon sergent he saved my life countless times.  

We conducted numerous Black ops' into Cambodia hiting supply lines on the HoChi Mien trail.  When we got back to the US we were spat on.  Disgusted I left the armed forces to grow my hair long and do drugs, it was untill the American-Australian war broke out Flyboy coaxed me back, he was reassemblying his old unit to do what it was good at destroying modern MBTs' with light munitions.

The American-Australian War was the biggest war since the bigone.  Those darn ozzies would wire up kangaroos with P.E.4.  They would hop in to base and kill a dozen guys with no remorse.  Hell I didint take boomerang shrapnell in the ass for my country just to hear a bunch of forigners bad mouth a genuine American Hero. mad.gif

(no prizes for anyone who can guess were i got this material from)

wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well I can guess....... BUT I WONT!

But anyway, I think you deserve a "lol!"

awm502.jpg

This is what you want wink.gif

AWM50.jpg

The AW50 rifle is based on the same design and ergonomic principles as the other rifles in the AW family and is constructed to function reliably with all the various natures of commercial and ex-military stock .50 BMG ammunition.

Features include a built-in anti-recoil system and an adjustable third supporting leg to help precision in aiming, as well as a folding stock and a total weight (less ammo) of 16Kg (35lbs).

One of the old "anti-material" rifles......... tounge.gif

1816conv.jpg

And we think modern day rifles can be horrific weapons. I would hate to see the wound a nice rounded .68 caliber ball shot makes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Mar. 31 2002,13:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That .68 caliber ball rifle would be the choice for Resistance biggrin.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

Uh, these firearms are really quite rare and would have been just as much in 1985. The above was posted as a joke.

This particular weapon was made in 1861. Its also a terrifically inaccurate weapon. During the American Civil War it took on average 100 shots per soilder killed or wounded on the battlefield. Thats a hell of alot considering its muzzle loaded.

The "Resistance" would be much more likely to have such weapons as M1 Garands, Carbines, KAR 98 Mausers, Springfield 03s, and various hunting firearms.

If only I had seen the smilie face first, none of this would have ever happened officer. Honest.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

The AW50 rifle is based on the same design and ergonomic principles as the other rifles in the AW family and is constructed to function reliably with all the various natures of commercial and ex-military stock .50 BMG ammunition.

Features include a built-in anti-recoil system and an adjustable third supporting leg to help precision in aiming, as well as a folding stock and a total weight (less ammo) of 16Kg (35lbs).

<span id='postcolor'>

That's a big ass rifle @ 35 pounds. The M240B weighs in right around 28, would hate to be the poor bastard that has to hump that thing. Sure is a mean looking SOB though.

ahh.. the Garand. An awesome weapon! I've fired it once on range, and it's accuracy is really good. I also love that *pling* sound when the clip jumps out. smile.gif

Sniper rifles??

PSG-1, Browning "Light Fifty", and maybe the AWM Covert... Steyr Scout??

Ah well, I gave it a shot wink.gif

Someone asked about armour thickness in MBT's. Well here is T-72 M1 values.

front of hull: 240mm

side of hull: 80mm

front of tower: 500mm

side of tower: 120-300mm

(from www.mil.fi)

Thickness is not everything. Shape and angle matters a lot. That side thickness is not that simple. There is train of wheels for tracks front of that.

Well.. why bury a fun topic smile.gif

Just thought i'd toss you all a little tidbit. Since everyone is talking about western .50 cals, i thought it was time for a Russian one. Well, actually quite a few have mailed me and asked for one. So here are a sneak peek of one: V94 .50 Cal Sniper Rifle. The textures are not done though. Thats why the bipod is made of wood tounge.gif

[FILO] HuBBa

Yeah. it's not that sexy =) But the only other russian .50 cal i found was a prototype (according to the page). This one is apparently actually used.

[FILO] HuBBa

Hi!

Is there any place, where I can download an M99 (Big Shot)?? 'Cause you all talking about facts, but nobody said, where can i download a nice modell of some .50 riffle?

Thx!

About the armour thickness of the T-72:

Thickness is not everything.

IIRC, the front has the same resistance against HEAT as ~900 mm RHA.

I think the resistance agains APFFDS rounds is a bit less.

(armour-piercing-fin-folding-discarding-sabot?)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RedRogue @ Mar. 31 2002,13:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One of the old "anti-material" rifles.........  tounge.gif

1816conv.jpg

And we think modern day rifles can be horrific weapons.  I would hate to see the wound a nice rounded .68 caliber ball shot makes.<span id='postcolor'>

... or a .68 caliber paintball... OH THE IRONY!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

*dies*

I've got a .50 hawkins, dump a little power in there and a .50 slug.. it blows a 8 x 8 inch hole in a deer hide... imagine takin that to the chest... ouch..

(note: it also goes clean through road signs, talkin in experience tounge.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the resistance agains APFFDS rounds is a bit less.

(armour-piercing-fin-folding-discarding-sabot?)

<span id='postcolor'>

Excellent, you've been doing your homework. But, it's only one F. (APFDS)

Yes, APFDS (sabot) rounds are more powerful. They are basically a rod of depleted uranium encased in a plastic sabot that is dicarded after the round leaves the barrel. Rod length to diameter ratio generally determines the effectiveness of the round. The greater the differential the more effective up to the point at which the rod becomes to thin and bends upon contact. Length is also a measure of effectiveness up until the point at which the round becomes too heavy and loses energy on target.

HEAT (High Explosive Anti-Tank) rounds are a conventional munition generally used for killing lighter armor.(like APC's)

HE (High Explosive) are mainly anti-personnel. (like a big fragmentation grenade)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 03 2002,04:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HE (High Explosive) are mainly anti-personnel. (like a big fragmentation grenade)<span id='postcolor'>

And HESH for armour. HE-FRAG generally used as anti-personnel. Although the explosive force of a HESH means it is also suitable as an anti-bunker shell.

http://leav-www.army.mil/threats....001.pdf

Page 5 ladies... now please, shut up about this .50 cal poopie. I know for a fact that you could get a .50 to go through armor. Maybe not ball point rounds, but theres more than just that.

Also it ( SLAP round ) can penetrate enemy armor 19mm thick @ 1900m

Imagine how far it could go when youre only 500m from the armor, thats about 75mm or armor, enough for any type of APC or old type MBTs.

I've seen this weapon in action, it can do it

Also as for the 30MM, you've got to be shitting me when you say it won't go through a tank. I've seen the A-10 shred M-60s to pieces with their cannons. I've even seen F-16s outfitted for CAS do the same. Incase you wanted to know, the 174th TFW used to use these cannons on the F-16s. I've seen it happen up @ fort drum with my own 2 eyes.

Welcome to realism ladies

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (www.verruckt.org @ April 07 2002,09:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Welcome to realism ladies<span id='postcolor'>

Thank you. biggrin.gif

So Avonlady =) who on these pics are you? =) (and no. it's not p0rn btw)

Cheers!

[FILO] HuBBa