Sign in to follow this  
-FROG-

Red Hammer, "Repulsion" turns my game off

I have the full game set... GOTY and the "Gold Addition" disk added in too. My problem is, the 4th mission, I think, in Red Hammer right after "Babysitting"... It tries to start the game called "Repulsion" and as soon as the game begins, my entire game shuts off and I'm sitting there looking at my Desktop. I have had this game on literally 4 different computers getting the same results, as I have been playing Flashpoint over and over.... over the last 5 years I guess it is. Ultimately the best game EVER and I keep finding myself coming back to play it all over again after I play those other games, like Medal of Honor and Call of Duty. OFP Ownez all! However, I want to play Red Hammer!!!!!!

Like I said, I have had this game for friggin years and play it all the timeoff and on, but I have never tried to install the patches till yesterday 10-23-06. Since my internet at home is down, I had to download the zip files at work and then try to extract them at home on my PC. The friggin patches fail....all 7 of them I tried to install. Whats the deal here? I assume one of the patches fixes the problem, but I can't get any of tem to work.

This is where I got all my patches: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/download/index3.html

Here are the patches I tried installing:

ofp_goty_patch_196

ofp_upgrade_4_v146

OFPGOTYPatch_196

OFPPatch_191_to_196

ofppatch_upgrade3-v1_30

OFPResistancePatch_196

Do I have to upload the patches to my gaming computer at home or can I download the patches elsewhere and then install them on my computer at home? I think I should be able to do the latter... Download them and save them to a disk at work and then install the disk at home and extract/download them on my gaming PC. Shouldn't that work? Whatever the case, maybe someone can help or direct me to the correct patches I need.

Try a fresh install of GOTY, and then install the Resistance 1.96 patch ONLY. That's all you need.

Hey guys, I tried installing the patch and it messed up like all the other ones I tried before I asked for your help. So instead of just cancelling the patch download, I hit "ignore" and let it try to download while ignoring the errors it encountered. The game did act weird once or twice which was really odd, knowing I have had no other problems with it esides that one level. Below is the list of errors it generated. I wonder if the important items went through and now I can play Red Hammer all the wa through? Well, I got through a few games last night and I'm getting close to the one that hangs, so we'll see what happens.... What do you think about the errors below?huh.gif? Thanks -Paul

Verifying Operation Flashpoint, version 1.85...

Error found in file MPMissions\1-8_D_FlagFight.ABEL.pbo (f3da54dd!=c15af74c)

Error found in file MPMissions\1-8_D_FlagFight2Small.ABEL.pbo (8bd203f8!=80c68101)

Error found in file MPMissions\2-12_T_SectorControl.EDEN.pbo (c39b0469!=3ce996d3)

Error found in file Templates\1-8_D_FlagFight.Abel\init.sqs (a4cf3cdc!=3e74ce46)

Error found in file Templates\1-8_D_FlagFight.Abel\mission.sqm (c0a9e6b2!=4d940110)

Error found in file Templates\1-8_D_FlagFight.Cain\init.sqs (a4cf3cdc!=3e74ce46)

Error found in file Templates\1-8_D_FlagFight.Cain\mission.sqm (615f4fdf!=b9518b1b)

Error found in file Templates\1-8_D_FlagFight.Eden\init.sqs (3624377b!=3e74ce46)

Error found in file Templates\1-8_D_FlagFight.Eden\mission.sqm (615f4fdf!=b9518b1b)

Error found in file Templates\1-8_D_FlagFight.Intro\init.sqs (3624377b!=3e74ce46)

Error found in file Templates\1-8_D_FlagFight.Intro\mission.sqm (138645b9!=c906b293)

Error found in file Templates\2-12_T_SectorControl.Abel\stringtable.csv (8cdc1d5a!=c038c872)

Error found in file Templates\2-12_T_SectorControl.Abel\mission.sqm (2ee87a67!=5fe0edfa)

Error found in file Templates\2-12_T_SectorControl.Cain\stringtable.csv (8cdc1d5a!=c038c872)

Error found in file Templates\2-12_T_SectorControl.Cain\mission.sqm (1e6845d3!=6f60d24e)

Error found in file Templates\2-12_T_SectorControl.Eden\stringtable.csv (8cdc1d5a!=c038c872)

Error found in file Templates\2-12_T_SectorControl.Eden\mission.sqm (3ca6fed9!=93227bed)

Error found in file Templates\2-12_T_SectorControl.Intro\stringtable.csv (8cdc1d5a!=c038c872)

Error found in file Templates\2-12_T_SectorControl.Intro\mission.sqm (dbec47ac!=aae4d031)

Error found in file Templates\2-8_T_CaptureTheFlag.Abel\init.sqs (3624377b!=3e74ce46)

Error found in file Templates\2-8_T_CaptureTheFlag.Cain\init.sqs (3624377b!=3e74ce46)

Error found in file Templates\2-8_T_CaptureTheFlag.EDEN\init.sqs (3624377b!=3e74ce46)

Error found in file Templates\2-8_T_CaptureTheFlag.Intro\init.sqs (3624377b!=3e74ce46)

Error found in file Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Abel\stringtable.csv (721a959d!=9ac0cef8)

Error found in file Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Abel\init.sqs (a4cf3cdc!=3e74ce46)

Error found in file Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Abel\mission.sqm (6d9ad0e7!=e1ac1439)

Error found in file Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Cain\stringtable.csv (721a959d!=9ac0cef8)

Error found in file Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Cain\init.sqs (a4cf3cdc!=3e74ce46)

Error found in file Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Cain\mission.sqm (934df3ed!=3316929f)

Error found in file Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Eden\stringtable.csv (721a959d!=9ac0cef8)

Error found in file Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Eden\init.sqs (3624377b!=3e74ce46)

Error found in file Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Eden\mission.sqm (256110bf!=3613c8ca)

Error found in file Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Intro\stringtable.csv (721a959d!=9ac0cef8)

Error found in file Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Intro\init.sqs (a4cf3cdc!=3e74ce46)

Error found in file Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Intro\mission.sqm (ecc35b08!=ab49c149)

Operation Flashpoint: Updating version 1.85 to version 1.96...

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file MPMISSIONS\1-8_D_FlagFight.ABEL.pbo, phase 1.

If you have the GOTY you will only need the GOTY 1.96 patch, please note that there are diferent patches for Polish and Czech versions of the game.

Uninstall, then delete the OPF remaining folders.. (codemasters\operationflashpoint\... )

Reinstall and use the 1.96 GOTY (dont confuse goty with golden, golden edition only goes up to 1.46).

Quote[/b] ]Error found in file MPMissions\1-8_D_FlagFight.ABEL.pbo (f3da54dd!=c15af74c)

Checksum error? This makes me believe you used the wrong patch or you didnt make a clean instalation before patching.

Red Hammer Campaign...

The poor RH campaign was made by codemasters, most people here dont even install the RH disk since most of it stinks, i remember something about small patches that fixed errors in both 1985 and RH campaigns but i dont know if they can still be found.

What im trying to say is... dont bother with RH, its just not worth it, sorry sad_o.gif .

lol, ok, I hear ya baout RH, but if it sux or not, it was still another 10 games or so that I could have toyed around with. I'm sure it's not going to work, since I did do a clean sweep like you said and deleated my OF files, but it gave me the errors I posted. Ah well.... Still waiting for the new ones to come out. Thanks -Paul

If one mission crashes and you really want to suffer thru...erm. i mean play RH you can skip it using the campaign cheat.

Press the left shift key and the keypad minus key (-) and release them simultaniously, then type campaign, this unlocks all of the campaign missions, select the mission after "Repulsion" and save smile_o.gif .

I guess "Repulsion" is an apropriate name smile_o.gif .

Well crap! Thats all I needed to know how to do!!! LOL! Thanks for the cheat info, hopefully I can play the other games on there now. Cheers!

If one mission crashes and you really want to suffer thru...erm. i mean play RH you can skip it using the campaign cheat.

Press the left shift key and the keypad minus key (-)  and release them simultaniously, then type campaign, this unlocks all of the campaign missions, select the mission after "Repulsion" and save smile_o.gif .

I guess "Repulsion" is an apropriate name smile_o.gif .

Aw man.... I went home for lunch and tried that, but couldn't get the the screen where I could type anything. I have seen that screen before and on other games but I tinkered around for a bit and couldn't find it pushing any other buttons. I wonder if that patch messed it up. I'll try to re install everything and try it once more, but is there any other way to get to that command prompt to type stuff in? The left shift key and the keypad minus key (-) thing didn't do anything on my PC.

You don't see it do anything except if it worked.

Start the game, click campaign, select the red hammer campaign, then activate the cheat and you should see the full list of missions in the Red Hammer campaign.

You don't see it do anything except if it worked.

He meant the console dropping down though, and OFP doesn't have a console wink_o.gif

I know, I was talking about the invisible console that you can't see that you don't get when pressing shift & - wink_o.gif

Well if you don't see it, where do you type? That sounds kind of rediculious to me. I have seen the console drop downs in other games, but this sounds kinda ghay if you can't see it. so I just hope and pray I'm typing in the console? After ctrl (-) I just type in campaign and then hit enter? A srceen shot would be nice, but, LOL!!!!!

I see I think you were just screwing around Placebo.....

I don't think I actually tried it when the Red Hammer campaign page was up..... actually, I think I did try it on that spot because I was trying it everywhere after a while. I may try it again today and see if I catch it on that screen. It's not really invisible is it? nener.gif

After ctrl (-) I just type in campaign and then hit enter?

No.

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/sp/spcheats.htm

Quote[/b] ]Hold the left SHIFT key and press the MINUS ("-") key on your keyboard's numeric keypad. Once you have done so, type in one of the following codes to activate the respective cheat:

campaign - Type during the main menu. This will display all the missions in a campaign and let you play them out of sequence as individual single player missions.

I'll try it once again.... I tried shift, cntrl, *, etc.... (-) and never saw anything pop up on my screen and still typed "campaign" (enter) since it maw be "invisible" and never saw the other missions pop up. I'm wondering if that patch install I did with all the errors screwed the cheat screen up? I may try re installing everything without the patch and see if I get the results I'm looking for. Thanks for being patiend with me guys, I really appreciate it!

Here's exactly what to do: Don't post here again until you have done this, because it will work if you do exactly what I say.

1.Install OFP/RES, or GOTY, whichever you have.

2. Install the 1.96 final patch

3. click campaign on the main menu

Quote[/b] ]Hold the left SHIFT key and press the MINUS ("-") key on your keyboard's numeric keypad. Once you have done so, type in one of the following codes to activate the respective cheat:

campaign - Type during the main menu. This will display all the missions in a campaign and let you play them out of sequence as individual single player missions.

If you do exactly what that says, nothing more, nothing less, I guarantee you it will work. Coming here saying it won't work without having actually tried it makes you seem like quite the idiot.

It worked as previousely mentioned in this thread! I think the patch I had was screwing everything up, so I uninstalled everything and re installed. At the Red Hammer missions list I hit shift (-) and just typed campaign. Then I noticed up in the upper left hand corner of the screen for a brief moment it said something....campaign. Then all the games appeared in Red Hammer. THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can finally play the rest of my games after 5 years, lol. sorry for being such a moron, but I think that patch was messing everything up. Now I can bypass the messed up game and play on. yay.gif

Finally resolved, thank goodness for that wink_o.gif