Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS releases

Thank you RHS for the great addons!

One thing is disturbing me though: In a certain distance the weapon-lods (specially the AK-74M) appear white outlined. Thats not looking too good. Any idea if its my settings? (I set the lods in the hame preferences to the lowest value possible)

Also:

The units (VDV, Nav.Inf.) colour appear to be more grey than green when they more than 50 meters or so away.

Any idea? Whats your experience?

Keep on guys, very good work I admit. huh.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Is the weapons readme updated? Having trouble adding some of the weapons mentioned in the readme to units ingame. Espescially the scoped versions of the AK74/GP25(?) and AKMS/GP25(?)

I don't have access to internet on my home PC which OFP is installed on, so I have to rely on an offline version

BTW I don't know if this has already been reported, but the PKM has a wierd bug. At a distance (no more than a couple of meters) the weaponholding animation seems to change so that it looks like the MG gunner is holding the the gun under his shoulder

Im just wondering any plans to equip the T80UM or T80U series in this pack with the Drozd aps ?

No

Or wait, if you model it and skin ith fitting to the T80s we can do that, but what would you do with this addon?

Make a OMSK mission where you drive around on the showtrack and try to get export deals? huh.gif

That would be sweet and the leading competitor would be an american m1a2 sep and our objective is to duel and the winner gets the export deals biggrin_o.gif.

Btw do I need to delete the older versions of the RHS releases or do i keep em ?

About Drozd:

Quote[/b] ]it only covers the 60-120 degrees of the tank in which the turret is pointing. How many tank-hunting teams do you know of that shoot when the turret is pointing in their direction? Also, it only has 20 degrees elevation; that does nothing against top-attack missiles.

Finally, it has the same downsides as ERA, but worse in some ways. It's still a fragmentation explosive, which also happens to be deadly to infantry. Infantry no longer want to be near a tank that has fragmentation warheads strapped all over the outside. It proved deadly to Russian infantry in Afghanistan and Chechnya. Infantry are a tank's main protection against ATGM and RPG teams. Doing something that makes them not want to be anywhere near you is not condusive to a tank's health. That's why the US likes passive protection more than ERA if it can help it.

Apprarently the ARENA is safer and covers betters angles of the tanks than the drozd. Somehow I always thought the opposite.

Just wanted to say THANKS for your hard work!

All the stuff you RHS guys released the past weeks/months are top notch, keep it up and I hope your extreme talent will show up in ArmA as well...

Thanks again!

/KC

Thanks for the kind words smile_o.gif

About ArmA... you can bet on that!

No

Or wait, if you model it and skin ith fitting to the T80s we can do that, but what would you do with this addon?

Make a OMSK mission where you drive around on the showtrack and try to get export deals? huh.gif

rofl.gif

If I havent said it before, excelent job on the mass multiude of recent releases, thank you RHS!

Once ArmA is fully released the stuff that RHS released will indeed look way better than the BIS models impo.

Err...not to be rude to RHS, but ANYTHING would look better in ArmA compared to imported BIS models.

Once ArmA is fully released the stuff that RHS released will indeed look way better than the BIS models impo.

As if they are not already? crazy_o.gif

Compared to the ArmA soldiers he means wink_o.gif

But i have to say the arma units look fine model wise, especially the rolled up sleeves, the noth troops would look pretty realistic if they just gave them a correct soviet/russian flak vest.

I checked how the BMP-2 looks and its not that great and howcome ArmA its not using the modernized BMP-2M ?

Because perhaps RHS didn't want to do it? Perhaps they wanted the good old BMP-2?

I was referring to ArmA why they chose the old BMP-2 over the BMP-2M.

Because they wanted to?

but whats the reason for doing so: is it because the BMP-2m isnt in such great quantities, or is it because the BMP-2M just doesnt fit the timeline , huh.gif

but whats the reason for doing so: is it because the BMP-2m isnt in such great quantities, or is it because the BMP-2M just doesnt fit the timeline , huh.gif

Who cares? Most people (myself included) probably dont even know what a BMP-2M is. I doubt that there is any major difference between it and a BMP-2 thats worth noting. Maybe the good people at BIS have better things to be doing with their time than reading up about new upgrades of vehicles that probably only exist on paper? Some friendly advice too Universal; cut out these annoying "I want x! I want y!" Threads, you're not going to get anywhere, and you are just pissing people off.....

I didnt beg and I just asked cause im curious.Btw the BMP-2M does not just exist on paper its a modernization of the BMP-2 (m means modernizatsey).

google turns up  a few pictures of it. Btw im just wondering if I modify BIS's BMP-2 can I get permission to do so and would it cause problems with the configuration or ingame ?

http://armoured.vif2.ru/bmp-2m.jpg

http://legion.wplus.net/guide/army/ta/bmp2m-1.jpg

Do you understand that things cost money, not only to purchase but to maintain and operate as well? That newer equipment usually costs a lot more? And that not every country, especially an island country, needs a modernized military, much less can afford to have one? And especially for a country with a small economy and whose only theoretical threat's military is practically non-existant, why purchase expensive equipment when you can pay the same price for a greater amount of older, still effective equipment?

Now pull your head out of your ass and stop going off-topic.

Btw im just wondering if I modify BIS's BMP-2 can I get permission to do so and would it cause problems with the configuration or ingame ?

As a rule, BIS content is "free to mod"

IF you mod it, you <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>MUST</span> put your own tags onto the addon, unlike what you did when you "modified" the SA-10 into the S-400. This rule is in place to prevent config problems when people do what you do (and/or release their own version of the same unit).

yeah pls use addon tags, it helps us who download and play and test addons too. its nto fun to have to discover that some people made two A-10's that has exact same file name or same name in the mission editor menus crazy_o.gif