Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Nogovan Light Infantry BETA Release

Well I'd just have one set of infantry, marines would have no real purpose. Marines in general, are used for attacking and securing beach heads, why would a small island like Novago require such a force? easier and cheaper to have a infantry soldier equiped to many tasks, so when required he can jump out of a aeroplane or if needs be do the boat thing ( tounge2.gif ).

Maybe a little crazy idea to make a full airmobile infantry unit?.?

Maybe a little crazy idea to make a full airmobile infantry unit?.?

If he war refering to making Nogovian Airborne infantry it is wierd, it's a small island  confused_o.gif

I think that Nogova would have some sort of "Marine" force A.K.A a patrol boat or two to gaurd the cost not marines as in RMC or USMC...

As for airmobile, why not have the "SF" as airmobile units having helos and being able to get anywhere on Nogova in a matter of minutes.

Thats my 2p on that idea

Regards HH

-Also for the reservists, equip them with the same equipment that the regs carry. Like the British TA. You can't tell the diffrerence if you stood one next ot the other.

not quite... the british TA would be much better equiped than the nogovan one - and my idea of a reservist is someone who is drafted in extreme consequences, often using their own weapon from home, in countries as small as nogova.

and even the TA differ in those respects - they're the hand-me-down army - many still using the old A1's, and all using the old 110 rovers, not the nice new wolfs (unless deployed to iraq as i gather)

not quite mate,most TA units now field the A2s or my unit had anyway. The MOD was kind enough to give us brand new 125l bergens, beats the crappy RLC 'hand bags' we got. biggrin_o.gif

lol... no i was a little sketchy on the current affairs, i think they got TA procurement in gear with the iraq business... it certainly used to be the hand-me-down army

I think no para's should be, only SF for more special stuff, anyways where do they drop these paratroopers?? I think going with truck is more faster than setting up an plane for drop in Nogova.

-Also for the reservists, equip them with the same equipment that the regs carry. Like the British TA. You can't tell the diffrerence if you stood one next ot the other.

not quite... the british TA would be much better equiped than the nogovan one - and my idea of a reservist is someone who is drafted in extreme consequences, often using their own weapon from home, in countries as small as nogova.

and even the TA differ in those respects - they're the hand-me-down army - many still using the old A1's, and all using the old 110 rovers, not the nice new wolfs (unless deployed to iraq as i gather)

not quite mate,most TA units now field the A2s or my unit  had anyway. The MOD was kind enough to give us brand new 125l bergens, beats the crappy RLC 'hand bags' we got.  biggrin_o.gif

lol... no i was a little sketchy on the current affairs, i think they got TA procurement in gear with the iraq business... it certainly used to be the hand-me-down army

haha yeah its not that bad not its not that 'we get the hand me downs' anymore, the MOD just take their damned time getting us the newer gear as the reg needs it first. Though they tend to deliver if we poke hard enough. biggrin_o.gif

I think no para's should be, only SF for more special stuff, anyways where do they drop these paratroopers?? I think going with truck is more faster than setting up an plane for drop in Nogova.

did i or did i not say helicopters in my post kala. plane wouldnt be viable helos would

Yea and BIS Nogova would spend(wouln't eaven found acctually) money on helo airmobile?

Maybe Mapfact nogova2 would have airmobile, but its about BIS Nogova(actually BIS Nogova woulnt eaven have that good infantry, which they have now).

And i think better concentrate on (light) armored motorized units, because airmobile can be "eaten" by heavy tank units and stuff like this.

Once again we stray into the old Nogova is small island topic. Guess what guys, It's a fictitious island. The whole place doesn't Actually exist, therefore we can choose what we want for it.

And i think better concentrate on (light) armored motorized units, because airmobile can be "eaten" by heavy tank units and stuff like this.

That depends on the kind of warfare used against those tank units, sure in a classic scennario the infantry would have a 20% chance to beat those tanks. But if they use a commando like tactic they could have a good chance.

So maybe not a Para unit but an multi purpose Special Forces Unit, (which can do military and police jobs) capable to solve even hostage rescue and so on (or other Police duties).

A multi purpose special forces team is what i will be going for, in the future i will add a special forces in all black for CT-duties, but to disguise the face that they are military, im thinking of having POLICIE sign on the back of there uniforms, to keep the NSAS a secret etc, becuase on the battle role which i will be producing, NSAS dont exist on it.

Well, Special units are allready included actually.

About Helos:Problably there would be only couple Helos, which would have many tasks, like for Police Spec unit,SAR and Military ops+ civil "ops", like lifting govenment,special guests lift,president.

EDIT: ahh fuck this, lets let Roadkill to do the stuff he wants.

thats what i meant about helos kala i didnt mean to have billions of hips over nogova just one or two for SF or RECCE

@all thanks for all the comments and ideas, greatly appreciated.

I am planning to do aircraft and vehicles after i have got the infantry all correct etc.

Im going to making a coast guard force, essentiatlly a couple of boats with 50.cals and a small patrol force.

But that will all be future projects, im nearly ready to release the update, i think everyone will be most happy smile_o.gif

Good new, i should have the updated pack ready for tomorrow, i think everyone will be pleased smile_o.gif

I second that, can't wait to see the end result of all the hard work put into this.

Update delayed until later today, gotta fix some bugs found through beta testing, so they need fixing first, sry guys i wanna release a well polished addon. Also going to binarize the addon so it will not be as big this time smile_o.gif

<s>Closing because the author smells funny.</s>

Closed at request smile_o.gif