Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Hind in Arma

Heh.

Remember with our awesome community we can make what ever we want really... I'm sure a Hind will be easy!  wink_o.gif

What about multiplayer as mention way before me? You're going to have to have every single person who joins your server scramble and download that specially made Hind. Great for addon enthusiasts but not for online mission makers/players.

Can you explain why you need a Hind for multiplayer?

You can argue that BIS should include thousands of additional vehicles to prevent users having to download them, but that is clearly ridiculous. So what's so special about the Hind that BIS should include it, but not for example a Challenger 2 MBT.

Quote[/b] ]Can you explain why you need a Hind for multiplayer?

Roles need filled, the Hind fills the Attack and Transport roles for the other side.

Quote[/b] ]but not for example a Challenger 2 MBT.

A Challenger 2 is pointless as its role is completely filled by the M1A2. There are minimal differences between the two tanks, with the advantages going to the M1A2.

Quote[/b] ]Can you explain why you need a Hind for multiplayer?

Roles need filled, the Hind fills the Attack and Transport roles for the other side.

Erm...... the Mi17 easily fills the roll of transport and the Ka-50 is a much better anti-tank attack heli. Besides, I see little point in having more than one attack chopper. One can completely suffice.

- dRb

Quote[/b] ]but not for example a Challenger 2 MBT.

A Challenger 2 is pointless as its role is completely filled by the M1A2. There are minimal differences between the two tanks, with the advantages going to the M1A2.

Linky

If there is no BIS hind then there is no Hind in multiplayer.

BTW that's an old placeholder from an ancient pressdemo.

edit: sure there willbe totally inconsistant uber-highpoly CPU killer addons, but those won't get played, they will get ooh'd and aah'd in the editor and then it's back to vanilla BIS units like always. Not that they weren't hard work for someone... more power to addon makers and all that but ya knoa... noone plays em online. sad_o.gif Plus there won't be any hind in the campaign (BUT THERE WILL BE THE MOST EXPENSIVE RUSSIAN HELICOPTER EVER BUILT! - hint friggin hint, no hind but a KA-50)

Youve got a very good point that I my self would like to expand on, maybe making a group that makes multiplayer friendly addons/mods....