Sign in to follow this  
23-Down

[CAMP] The land of the Dead

Hi people.

A buddy from me released some days ago his really nice campaign - The land of the Dead.

It's a Zombie Campaign and has nothing to do with military things etc.

The spoken language of the campaign is in english so far so good, but the subtitles (titletexts) are only in german. But i think this isn't really a big problem. Because u has no briefings etc. all relevant informations will u get in the missions itself.

The campaign awaits you with 4 fantastic and "atmosphare" rich missions.

i translated the story so have your fun with my bad english. rofl.gif

Story:

Quote[/b] ]You play the role of Mike Stanford. A American guy which works for a huge US-electronic-concern. Mike standord was transposed to Nogova, because his concern became the commission to fix the old and ramshackle currentsystem of Nogova. Because of the success to the project mike became some days vacation. for his last day of holiday he had the idea to go to fishing, he rented a small army boat and wished to drive out for the entire day. It's a beautiful and sunny september day, as he drives out in mid morning. everyhing seems quite and perfect he drives out to sea... Enjoys the weather, captivates some fishes and has some nice hours. But then to afternoon the weather is changing fast! Dark clouds draw on the sky, the temperature drops, the Sea becomes raw, It's raining hard. Thunderbolts and strong fog rears. Because the weather getting worse, mike drives back to the Coast and the pier.

Back on pier, he leave the boar and debit soon that something terrible has happend. The yore so peaceful and beautiful island nogova has changed his face to the Hell on Earth. Something dark has come over the island and the reality

miscellaneous with visions of pure horror. The dead awaiken from death and roames around the island, humans became bloodthirsty monsters and the few survivors find herself in a unpromisingly situation again.

You are right in the middle of it, in this scenario of terror and horror. Only with one target: Escape this hell!

biggrin_o.gif I hope i spoked not so much in Yoda language. I just can think only in german grammar and thats my problem! I'm sorry for that.

Installation: Download the campaign and extract the modfolder @LandOfTheDead to your ofp mainfolder, then create a shortcut and add this lines after your gamepart with the .exe thing : -nosplash -nomap -mod=@LandOfTheDead

Don't play with any other modfolders, because that can provocate addonconflicts! I think replacementsoldiers and new skies should be ok, but more not. Dxdll is ok too, tested by Bulletstorm, the author.  smile_o.gif

One more info: The Zombies act completly new, not like in the most zombiemissions. But you will see that first in Mission3 & Mission4! The scripts are scripted by him. He uses Animations from zombiemod, but a very old version of that, because the project is very old, he found it some weeks ago, again. The 4 missions are not compatible with the new zombieaddons! The only other one problem could be, if the player thinks or hint messages comes, then u cant unterstand it, because there are no soundfiles for things like that.

ps: The author say everyone who wants the scripts can take it, cut and copy the scripts into own projects! If are some scripts interesting for u so u can take it without to ask him or give credits.

All Features:

<u>- Good Camerascripting

- Atmosphere strong missions

- fantastic zombies (only running in the first 2 missions) in 3 & 4 they are really cool, self-scriptet.

- Included Custom music.

- Good Voice acting

- all addons in 1 large modfolder (you dont need to download other addons)</u>

Pictures:

http://ofpc.de/screenshots/184/25164.jpg

http://ofpc.de/screenshots/184/25166.jpg

http://ofpc.de/screenshots/184/25168.jpg

http://ofpc.de/screenshots/184/25170.jpg

Here's the downloadlink, the dl will starts 7 seconds later, Automatically, if not then click on "Sollte der Download nicht starten hier klicken: >>>>>>>klick<<<<<<<"

http://ofpc.de/download_file.xhtml?id=1713&list=ofpc

i wish u fun with the project. It's 42mb large.

greetings 23-down  smile_o.gif

U get your orders inside the missions, in hints or cutscenes.

Your first order in the first mission is to get your weapon of the boat after u saw the dead buddy... then you must go to Modrova. It't the right way, not the left way to modrova. If u walk the left way then u will die. The missions has limitatations so that u can't run over the entire island.

Can I play it with ffur ?

and how will I'll be able to understand the hints if they are in german ? I don't know german.

Awesome. If you don't know German it's okay, most of the voice acting is in English and it's easy to indentify certain words (such as place names).

3 thumbs up wink_o.gif

Yeah...it's funny to play this. Low armor..fog...Zombies...it's a good combination that give the player a real horror-feeling.

pistols.gif

Great job, i think  wink_o.gif

I'm happy that u like it, people same like me (i was a betatester of this project) I let it him know, that u like it.

btw: are u complete with the campaign? Later in the campaign u will see many new things.

@mp_phonix: No it's not supported. He tested it with ecp and ffur but it causing errors. it's not compatible. btw it's useless because u fight most against cevilians and not vs soldiers. and u don't see spectacular explosioneffects.

to ur hint problems people... if u want i can translate the hints for u (the scripts) but u must import the scripts then by your own to the open source campaign... thats an option only for profis which are known with the mapeditor, scripts and pbo tools.

greetings 23-down

The missing translation is really bad, as this seems to be the kind of zombie campaign everyone was waiting for since the addons appeared.

Bulletstorm created a very detailed story from the simple "haunted island" theme and added some new gameplay to OFP. It clearly shows the difference between rushed and dedicated work.

Most annoying bug is that you're vulnerable while cutscenes are playing.

Hi Trapper yes thats true. For all i recomment to kill first all zombies before u enter a new area... Dogs for example will follow u over the whole island.

How i said before u can take all scripts and thats for all, if u want it, then take it. Could be a basicstone for your own scripts, i'm not sure.

Info: Ok people i translated the first mission for u... It isn't perfect, my english sucks, but i hope u understand more now. No i bet u understand more now!....I will translate the other missions later.....

http://rapidshare.de/files/34290069/english-files.zip.html

Just unpbo the campaign and replace the few scripts with the existing scripts inside from mission 01-disaster. Then pack it again and play it.

Edit: Bulletstorm thank you for your good feedback people. Now he will create a english version maybe. Send more good feedback and i'm sure u hold soon a english version in your hands..

greetings 23-down

Downloaded it. By the overview & intro video, it looks great! I understood it all. But in mis1, it was fun for about 10mins, but from there, voices are missing, there's german language hints, and I only know english. sad_o.gif With stringtables you're able to make it support all languages. English, French, Italian, Spanish & German.

Replaced it with the english files for mis1, thanks 23-down! But now I must use a crappy converter to get mis2-4 translated.

Good work so far! wink_o.gif

Hi Zombie1...

There are no missing voices.... The texts without any voices are just thinking texts by the player. That means the player thinks that but dont talks that... That's the reason why u don't hear any voices for some texts...

Hm ok i will translate the other 3 missions too... But as far as i know bulletstorm will build a english version of his campaign for u people.

We know that with the stringtables. I think he had no time or delight to do that earlier. But that has changed now... I'm sure he will release his english version soon.

Ok start on mission2 to translate.

Your english is good enough, very understandable. I'll try this campaign in a few days and post a comment about it. smile_o.gif

I've played mis1-2, and a bit of 3. It's fun! smile_o.gif

The Path is GREAT. I was walking, then the light started to go away, then it came back again really quickly, from behind me! I knew it was a vehicle, so I run off the track, then it drove past me really fast, nearly hit me. biggrin_o.gif I'd have to that mission 9.5/10.

Good job! Will finish it soon. wink_o.gif

Hi,

glad to hear that. Bulletstorm wants to thank you for your good feedback.  smile_o.gif

Yes i know, i liked the vehicle scence too. It's made with set Velocity.

Then i wish u fun with the remaining playtime in mission3 and mission4. Mission4 is full of riddles. Have fun.

So Mission 1&2 were understandable now ?

Yeh, a few small thinking text lines were missing but it's good anyway. (the language translator sucked, it translated the word 'edification' in german to english, and it said 'erection'. tounge2.gif

Anyway, it's good to finally see someone who actually completes there missions like I do. No missed bits, errors, etc. wink_o.gif

@Zombie1: Lol yeah i know the problem with translator programs, funny funny. tounge2.gif

@Berghoff: Have fun Berghoff.

Finished it. It was great in mis4 when I had to find so many keys, that took about 30mins... smile_o.gif