Sign in to follow this  
raynor

M240G

Here is a M240 I've had on my hard drive for a while.

m240_1.jpg

m240_2.jpg

m240_3.jpg

And here is the file to download it. I haven't had any experience texturing or anything, so feel free to take it and make it your own.

Faces= 2637

Put alot of effort into it, you can even look down the sights

m240.p3d

You should use the Sharp Edge / Smooth Edge option of Oxygen, as it will fix a lot of lighting issue and visual weirdness when using the model ingame.

Example on a sharp edge applied to some parts/faces of the weapon while smooth edge was applied to other parts/faces of this model

before :

beforeau6.jpg

after :

afterce7.jpg

Just a quick work, but taking more time would make the model look a very lot better when being displayed ingame.

Impressive, always wondered what those were used for.

At any rate its been sitting on my HDD since before I joined the navy, and I haven't touched it since and probably won't. I didn't like the quality of other M240's on the market when I made it so I suppose something better has been released since. But if there hasn't at least someone has a pretty good stepping stone there.

Some issues I know it does have-

The bipod may or may not be correct I've seen images with the goofy looking triangular style extensions and ones without.

Not alot of detail on the bullet strip- actual feed uses metal links.

Never did get around to spicing up the barrel

i've never seen a Mag / 240 with a belt box like that it looks like an m249 one.. but otherwise lookin good