Sign in to follow this  
FatJoe

Evasive Moves?

Hah, It'll be more like a block falling to the ground with all that gear, indeed.

Oh well, I guess we'll see.

- Viper

Maybe just some kind of ungraceful dive then. Who cares about grace as long as it gets you into cover?

I'm intrigued by this, it sounds good.

max-payne-06.jpg

Last minute adjustments: They're turning ArmA into a film noir game with bad-ass FX. biggrin_o.gif

Wait... check the screenshot. What about "fast foward" and "slow forward?"

I don't think "Evasive forward" would be running, especially if 2 x W is the key combo needed for it.

No, I mean an auto-walk/run button that toggles moving forward on and off, saving you from having to keep W pressed.

Useful for long walks so you don't have to stress one finger/whatever for long periods.

But also useful for moving while doing other things. When reading the map, briefing, giving commands, typing in chat.(Not everyone has the luxury of VoIP).

I realise that it allows a level of afk-ness and that's a bit bad in a way but on the other hand I think it's worth it.

Haha, I have this piece of plastic (dunlop jazz III pick) that I use to lock keys down. Don't use it for walking usually though, mostly for keeping down the zoom out key when flying.

The autorun feature could work so that if you activate some function like the map, chat box or whatever while you're running or walking you'd keep moving while typing or fiddling with the map and notepad.

anyone played warrock open beta? there they got some evasive moves to the left and right, its pretty fun to see somebody shoot at you and then you evade to the left or right, but it works less well when you got nothing to hide behind left or right tounge2.gif

No, I mean an auto-walk/run button that toggles moving forward on and off, saving you from having to keep W pressed.

Useful for long walks so you don't have to stress one finger/whatever for long periods.

But also useful for moving while doing other things. When reading the map, briefing, giving commands, typing in chat.(Not everyone has the luxury of VoIP).

I realise that it allows a level of afk-ness and that's a bit bad in a way but on the other hand I think it's worth it.

Haha, I have this piece of plastic (dunlop jazz III pick) that I use to lock keys down. Don't use it for walking usually though, mostly for keeping down the zoom out key when flying.

The autorun feature could work so that if you activate some function like the map, chat box or whatever while you're running or walking you'd keep moving while typing or fiddling with the map and notepad.

Hehe, I have a piece of metal dowel I chopped to size in work, perfect size and weight for my keyboard. tounge2.gif

I love the way you can dive to the ground in Red Orchestra. If ArmA incorporates anything like that, thumbs up. thumbs-up.gif

I Think 'Evasive' relates to hiding for something.

So you walk like you dug for whatever , bullets , debris and whatsoever.

sort of like when you want to walk slow when holding a rifle in your hand and you press the F key in ofp? hmm damn this little controls key is very mysterious and exciting. smile_o.gif

I reckon it's got to be a dive/roll. Useful perhaps for getting across exposed doorways quickly?

If so, I bloody well hope the unit falls like a brick, and takes a bit to get back up again, lest we have the beginning of dolphin-diving in AA. mad_o.gif

I think 2xW is for sprinting. And the other 2x ones for fast strafing or something.

Thats what I think to, but it could also mean dive & roll.

What I think it would do is a quick dash in a certian direction to avoid fire, like diving behind a boulder etc to escape bullets, aswell as people trying to run you over! tounge2.gif

What I think it would do is a quick dash in a certian direction to avoid fire, like diving behind a boulder etc to escape bullets, aswell as people trying to run you over!  tounge2.gif

Well it certainly is not for sprinting. Sprinting have to happen over a certain distance, and I refuse to belive that BIS actually will have us double tap the god damn buttons to sprint...it would be the worst sprint-control ever. If you move fast over like 3-5 meters, it certainly isn't sprinting, but more a fast dash. And come on, do people actually belive that you have to double tap the W button to sprint when you are to move like 50 m? Besides, I really doubt sprinting would be called "evasive"...the only evasive thing with sprinting is that you move a bit faster than usual, and therefor is a bit harder target. I'd think it's either a quick dash to one of the sides, or it's diving to the ground.

hey that could be very useful to sprint those 50 m if you are trying to avoid your buddy seeing or ffar'ing you with his cobra when you are running around on the ground panick strucken crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

hey that could be very useful to sprint those 50 m if you are trying to avoid your buddy seeing or ffar'ing you with his cobra when you are running around on the ground panick strucken  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I'm not saying that sprinting 50 m wouldn't be useful, I'm saying that it would be really shite to have to tap W twice to sprint...you would be sitting there hammering on your keyboard just to get the damn guy into cover...or you would sprint 50 m for every time you tapped W twice, and then you dodged the ffars and ran past the house because it was only 30 m away, and then you got shot by that big group waiting on the other side of the house... whistle.gif

I mean, doesn't take a lot of thinking to see that tapping W can't be any form of sprinting...that is except you see a quick dash to the side or something as sprinting...but then again, if you do, you probably should work on your stamina a bit icon_rolleyes.gif

it can be some sort of zig-zag running - moving in random non-linear fashion from point A to point B when covering large open areas and coming under fire.

it can be some sort of zig-zag running - moving in random non-linear fashion from point A to point B when covering large open areas and coming under fire.

What do you think the strafe keys are for?

The 2x evasive key movements were put in ArmA for football or soccer so you can quickly dive in pain for a free penalty kick just like the pro's! tounge2.gif

In the newest video we can see the player performing a sort of dive (standing to prone real fast while running).

In the newest video we can see the player performing a sort of dive (standing to prone real fast while running).

Yes.. and it's not the same as the standard 'go prone' move.