Sign in to follow this  
black150

HALO

Wow, I can't belive it. Halo is my favourite Game afther Operation Flashpoint and now I found a thread where someone says he is working on a Halo modification. That's better than christmas. xmas_o.gif

It's great to hear that you are working on that project and that you have almost found one who is helping you.

If you have some questions about scripting and mission editing you can write me a PM or an e-mail, may be I can help you.

Regards M-E

Just wondering, were you thinking of making this for ArmA instead of OFP? The new engine'sd make things LOADS easier and look LOADS better and, basically, BE LOADS better. Just a subtle hint tounge2.gif

Very, very good-sounding, promise me you'll see it through to a release thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ] Based on halo1 or halo2?

Halo 1 as it is easier to get things (sounds txtures etc) out of the game and into computer

Quote[/b] ] were you thinking of making this for ArmA instead of OFP?

Well I didn't plan it but mabye. Also if Halo 2 comes out on pc (They say they bring it out with that new windows operating system) then mabye make halo 2 mod. Just have to wait and see on that one

Quote[/b] ] promise me you'll see it through to a release

At the very least you will get the marines and covenant

Still looking for someone who can do named selections

I would recommend to make the mod for Armed Assault because in ArmA it should be much easier to bring up the features of Halo. The multiple gunnpositions just as an example. And the release of Armed Assault has been announced for the 30th november in Germany, so I would say it's much better to release it for Armed Assault.

Regards M-E

Well I want it out for OFP cos knowing my luck I won't be able to grab ArmA for a while, also modding tools, I will need time to figure them out (unless they are exactly the same as the ofp ones or similar) Also, I will play OFP until the mods start coming out for ArmA, and as I stated I may do HALO 2 mod for ArmA as, as you've said, it has more features to bring halo to life.

To put it really short, I'm releasing halo 1 mod for Ofp, then may consider doing halo 2 for ArmA, again that depends on situations.

EDIT:- Also I got slightly annoyed when all these mods (Command and Conquor *cough*) Spend almost two years being made, then stop and say they releasing for ArmA not OFP, nothing against the team of the TG mod there or any others who did that, just slight annoyance

Wildo just replyed, He had a full workload

So we now have the named selections posistion filled

Wildo just replyed, He had a full workload

So we now have the named selections posistion filled

I've sent him all the alien units. wink_o.gif

Sweet jezus! the long waiting starts again! biggrin_o.gif

I am very happy to see somebody else took up the project. I might know somebody that'\s able to help you, but first I'll send a message about myself.

Oh, and just a hint to save you guys on research time: configuring a gun like a grenade enables you to use a custom "object" for the bullet . in your case plasma.

Ofcourse you could also use a tracer script, but I dont know what's more CPU killing wink_o.gif .

Oh, and just a hint to save you guys on research time: configuring a gun like a grenade enables you to use a custom "object" for the bullet . in your case plasma.

It works for the grenade, but I tried with a bullet, didn't work. crazy_o.gif

HERE is a video showing the Pelican in flight.

Please note that this was from a previous attempt at a Halo mod! However, it shows you can, for example, get the engines working (without the use of Fwatch I believe). and you can also use Halo's skies wink_o.gif . Either way, good luck!

That was cool

I'm still trying to sort out the MC textures, he is refusing to go a green and shiny like in the game banghead.gif . I can get all the cubemaps etc from the game and get them in deep exploration so that I can stick them on the model without O2 killing me (again) I get them perfect in there but the moment they enter O2, back to white! pistols.gifcrazy_o.gif

I'll keep working on it, just means you won't get MC in first release unless I sort it soon

Any help with this issue is grately accepted

While i figure MC out, I finished on this,

When serclaes sent me a link to a few thinks some halo fans made, I decided to take one of the objects (as it was up for download) after I thought that the Marines kinda suck on the aircraft scale, they have a dropship and thats it, so I took the Hornet design. It's a pelican without cargo and has weapons on it, I don't think it'll be too good against banshees due to it's size difference but it'll give them something to shoot at other then the pelicans. I have changed a few things (like the bit in the centre under the marines slogan wasn't there)

hornetpc1.jpg

hornet1px0.jpg

Marines are used in every single sci-fi movie, game and mod sad_o.gif No room for the army guys in the future.

Well, no shit;

ARMY = Aint Ready for Marines Yet

whistle.gif

wink_o.giftounge2.gif

Codarl, is that really OFP? It looks awsome.. *faints*

Do you just have the vid, or the addons themselves to?

JW

smile_o.gif

Marines are used in every single sci-fi movie, game and mod sad_o.gif No room for the army guys in the future.

I often think the same thing sometimes, but it's only natural for Marines to take the role of shipborne infantry. Technically though, any soldier can be called a marine if they're shipbrone infantry without having to be in a seperate branch of the military (they could be Army marines, or Naval marines). Sci-fi universes tend to collectively call them a Marine Corps, while in reality it's more practical for there to be a whole seperate branch for spaceborne combat, with their own infantry, aviators, etc... But anyway, wikipedia descipes a "Space marine" as "a soldier who serves aboard a spacecraft and/or who is trained to fight in space or in planetary attacks," a Marine as "a soldier serving aboard a ship and/or whose primary function is to assault the land from the sea in amphibious warfare," and a Marine corps as "a branch of a nation's armed forces incorporating Marines." If an Army branch still existed in these sci-fi futures, they would likely strictly fight only on a planet's surface (shuttled in to an already secured spot by another branch perhaps). You would also have to consider what branch would be more appropriate for space flight; the Air Force or the Navy? It really just boils down to an endless arguement about names and definitions.

Edit: To stay on topic, the fact is that the mod is based on the game and in the game they use the Marines and Navy (don't try to prove me wrong unless you've played HALO 2).

You could tell easily that Halo used the Navy/Marines theme. It makes perfect sense that spaceborne craft would relate to the Navy (fleet). The vastness of the sea is the same as the vastness of space. It would only make perfect sense. Wiki=If enough people believe it, it is true. haha. I agree, that video looks like it was straight from the Halo games itself and not a MOD.

We were able to get things like animated control surfaces and transitioning between vertical and horizontal flight done (to an extent) on the USCM dropship, as well as using key commands to perform some of these things (using a camera, not Fwatch). But I can honostly say I would have loved to see how MC did the Pelican, that damn USCM dropship flew like crap. confused_o.gif

We were able to get things like animated control surfaces and transitioning between vertical and horizontal flight done (to an extent) on the USCM dropship, as well as using key commands to perform some of these things (using a camera, not Fwatch). But I can honostly say I would have loved to see how MC did the Pelican, that damn USCM dropship flew like crap. confused_o.gif

I believe I still have somebody connected to Master Chief in my MSN, I'll ask him, can't promise allot though.

No, I do not have the addon. if I had it would be all over your harddrive already wink_o.gif .

haloal1.jpg

Black105, can you send me the human models? Also, do you models of the big big buildings & ships? They'd be VERY cool in OFP. biggrin_o.gif

BTW, we can't release this pack too soon. Lot's of work left. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] Black105
I't Black150 biggrin_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Also, do you models of the big big buildings & ships?

The problem with that is that those things are scenarios, not models, so I can't import them. I will see if there is a way without crashing the game

Quote[/b] ]can you send me the human models?
Wildo should send you them when he done the named selections, so you can config the infantry as well as the rest

Kk, including the human weapons? smile_o.gif

EDIT: Also, he's naming selections and animating the alien models I sent him?

The problem with that is that those things are scenarios, not models, so I can't import them. I will see if there is a way without crashing the game

Look what I found. I made this "big hanger" ages ago. I could edit the textures and replace with halo ones.

bighangar1nc1.jpg

bighangar3yv6.jpg

bighangar4ug2.jpg