Sign in to follow this  
profe

Has this been done yet?

I'm wondering if there are any small arms addons that have laser designator capabilities.

If that's to vague, what I'm looking for is a rifle that has a firemode where it would function as a laser designator weapon. You know how some rifles you switch the firemode and you can fire the grenade launcher? Well I'm thinking a laser designator instead.

If it hasn't been tried yet, how hard would it be to do? If it is not too hard I might try to pick this up as a first project for myself.

no

theres a laserdesignator availabe as a "weapon" for infantry

basically you could make an "m4" an cfg it as a laserdesignator

you couldnt fire any rounds with it tho..

atm its just either or regarding this sad_o.gif

Not sure, but I think that Mapfact XM8's had an XM8 Carbine with a laser. Not sure if it can be used as an LD though. confused_o.gif

you can create "laser objects though". so with a bit of scripting it should be possible for any weapon wink_o.gif

you can create "laser objects though". so with a bit of scripting it should be possible for any weapon wink_o.gif

Dont think so ... in OFP you cant get vertical angle of unit / vehicle ... if you meant this smile_o.gif

EDIT: But fire mode with laser designator should be possible with the "muzzles" feature. But I dont know how exactly LD in OFP works, so Im not sure ...

wouldnt this also allow AI units in ur team to fire in a suppressive way, if you simply target an enemy position and get ur AI team members to target the laser target?

think this is a gd idea, i think there should be a lot more looked into in the way of laser designation

bootneckofficer

That's an interesting idea with the covering fire bootneck, I guess this could open more possibilities than I thought. Originally what I had in mind was being able to switch to laser without having to drop your guard, so if you needed to, you could switch fire mod and defend yourself. I'm thinking it would be interesting as a sort of high tech warrior kind of addon, maybe a landwarrior, or ghost recon type thing. It would also work great with the new CoC laser guided artillery.

If you want your Teammembers shoot at a lasertarget they have to use Ammo which is defined to lock on Lasertargets" in the config. I tried this but it didnt worked for Ofp Bullets but for missiles and bombs.

some of my mercs have laserpointers

but they are attached to the unit itslef.

you of course can add a beam to a weapon

but it would be permanent, if you cant script it

ot take it in account that you need 2 versions of each weapon using a laserpointer

some of my mercs have laserpointers

but they are attached to the unit itslef.

you of course can add a beam to a weapon

but it would be permanent, if you cant script it

ot take it in account that you need 2 versions of each weapon using a laserpointer

How do you mean the laserpointers are attached to the unit itself?

How does that work? How do you activate it?