Sign in to follow this  
wipman

Mapfact Nogova2

Hi, 1St i'll like to begin by saying that this is one of the best addon islands that i've seen; but... i've a P4 3000mhz, 1Gb of DDR 400Mhz RAM & a GF 6900FX and the island keeps lagging, with a view distance of 900m. Without the gamelogics on. Could i avoid this lag problem without have to switch the view distance at... 300m...!?.

mapfac_lags.jpg

mapfac_lags01.jpg

mapfac_lags02.jpg

I've also found some other bad things... now the Open/Close doors plus the rest of the interactive features of all the Mapfact objects in that island (in it's own Mod DIR) appear in german in the actions menu. And at the NE & NW of the area where the 1St of those 3 screensshots were taken, there're two piers; that booth seem bad placed. There will be some fix for some of this things?, or even better... for 'em all?. Let's C ya

Just turn off object reflections mate! smile_o.gif That should increase your fps a lot! Try it out! Press ingame: application + O !

Also try lowering your viewdistance i lowered mine to about 1000 and i got a bout an increase of 20fps

And do as Sled suggested and turn off water reflections that will help a lot aswell.

Edit - Woops missed the first paragraph.

Just turn off object reflections mate! smile_o.gif That should increase your fps a lot! Try it out! Press ingame: application + O !

that should do the trick i got low fps with that on, without it i had big fps and big view no lag smile_o.gif

Hi, many thanks for the tips, i'll try it. Let's C ya

Your points are interesting. I get absolutely no performance difference with or without DXDLL. Of course, view distance is very important for the fps, but I never experienced a difference with or without DXDLL, performance-wise.

My graphic cards is a Radeon 9800Pro 128MB, so nothing too new. I guess that it supports the DXDLL effects? If so, these effects should be supported by all newer cards as well.

running dxdll or not wont change your FPS, its the reflections that will... case in point - without reflections (which i dont miss anyway, its for photo whores) i gain about 20fps (running normal terrain, 2500 VD and hi res textures etc - nogova on my own runs at 50fps, nogova 2 about 30 or so.

turn on reflections, nogova drops to 20, nogova 2 drops even more... who needs reflections anyway, considering i spend most of any mission in the interior of an island, i dont bother with them.