Sign in to follow this  
ozanzac

Steve "Croc Hunter" Irwin

Albert. A) have you actually ever watched Steve Irwins programmes? B) soon as you seem to know so much about the attack (you claim it was provoked, you claim he was wrestling it, ect), i assume you've seen the video of his death?

Or are you just so determined to be right that you'll pull it out your arse?

A) yes, I have watched enough to judge and enough to seriously anoy me!

B) I never said he "wrestled" with the animal that killed him. I said he often did with others (do you denie that), or approached them in a manner that would be the most "sensational". There are enough scenes that anyone with a certain sense of discipline would consider ridiculous (e.g. the one with his baby)!

His way of wildlife-funding was never part of my argumentation.

Quote[/b] ]Or are you just so determined to be right that you'll pull it out your arse?

lol. funny man! I have a right of opinion, whether it pleases you or not. And the purpose of a forum is just about that!

Quote[/b] ]There are enough scenes that anyone with a certain sense of discipline would consider ridiculous (e.g. the one with his baby)!

I saw an interview show with the crew of the Australia Zoo, you could clearly see people in the background watching the entire terrain and especially any suspicious movement in it. Wes, Steve's best friend summed up that there were 6 people in the area itself, 11 people on surveillance and furthermore the animal had already been fed, the ceremony being in the end of the day and the specially selected croc, Murray being tired. If you don't know how to drive a car, it is alot more dangerous, if you don't know how to work with a crocodile it gets alot more dangerous.

As he said so himself, he wanted to change the attitude towards these creatures from "OMG it's a croc, KILL IT!!!" to "Oh that's a nice creature", while maintaining the proper distance from them. He never told inexperienced people to jump into rivers filled with crocodiles, even he himself, a veteran of hunderds of croc captures always took precautions, learned from previous mistakes.

I am curious what all these people that hated Steve for his "spectacular" method of catching crocodiles would have wanted to see, to drug the croc until it stops breathing or has a stroke (as are two of the many side-effects that these kind of drugs have)?

He specifically did not want to use drugs as this is very dangerous for the animals in the longer run, and also can have deadly side-effects when used.

Quote[/b] ]His way of wildlife-funding was never part of my argumentation.

But it was for many others, that's why it was posted, as the word "millionaire" was posted in the context of "self interest".

Albert. A) have you actually ever watched Steve Irwins programmes? B) soon as you seem to know so much about the attack (you claim it was provoked, you claim he was wrestling it, ect), i assume you've seen the video of his death?

Or are you just so determined to be right that you'll pull it out your arse?

A) yes, I have watched enough to judge and enough to seriously anoy me!

B) I never said he "wrestled" with the animal that killed him. I said he often did with others (do you denie that), or approached them in a manner that would be the most "sensational". There are enough scenes that anyone with a certain sense of discipline would consider ridiculous (e.g. the one with his baby)!

His way of wildlife-funding was never part of my argumentation.

Quote[/b] ]Or are you just so determined to be right that you'll pull it out your arse?

lol. funny man! I have a right of opinion, whether it pleases you or not. And the purpose of a forum is just about that!

Albert, stop being a numpty, you germanian. Why do you have to make things difficult and debate when you are always so wrong. tounge2.gif Yes to my understanding Steve did what he did to either:

A) inflict the least amount of harm to the animal when moving etc.

B) learn about the animal and get people excited about it

C) actually rescue an animal in need

and so forth

He was much better than the other fella we see, I think also from Australia, Rob something. He scares the bejeezers (technical term) out of animals and just in general seems to be shovenistic... but that's just my view. smile_o.gif

Steve simply deserves our respect. He did more for the environment and the world than we'll ever know. It just so happens that he was a very charismatic character who was popular with people, and did well on a television show!

Agreed. Plus the poor bloke actually died, so people should leave their criticism in the cooler until everyone learns to come to grips with his passing.

Pity bloody Germaine Greer couldn't.

The only point of dispute is Bn880's point B)

Quote[/b] ]B) learn about the animal and get people excited about it

In the end this is not a memorial site here but a discussion board and I dont see anything impious about discussing his approach to enterntainment vs education. After all he was a person of public interest.

I doubt Steve would have wanted this:

Revenge Attacks on Stingrays

omg wtf.. that is terrible, poor poor stingrays sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]0 stingrays have been found mutilated on Queensland beaches.

How can people do that, huh.gif it wasnt the stingrays fault it felt the need to defend its self.. confused_o.gif

I doubt Steve would have wanted this:

Revenge Attacks on Stingrays

I was already cursing the media who demonized the stingrays after Steve's incident. This however just proves how foolish and easily scared some people are. It's absolutely sad... those are not fans of Steve, even if they think they may be. crazy_o.gif