Sign in to follow this  
Jerbo12

Interiors?

One problem mate thats a BRDM-2 and not a tank. A picture of the inside of m1/t-72 would make me much happier, but from the sounds of things that isnt going happen sad_o.gif

i think that black are placeholders until interiors are made ...

seriously even if BIS don't have time to add 3D interiors for all vehicles ... it's quite easy to slap at least some nice 2D ones in "till" later (aka patch) ...

from the following pics we can see how interiors will look like wink_o.gif

pic 1 (apc)

pic 2 (car)

3D interiors, nice hu? wink_o.gif

don't worry much about the interiors, they will be nice!

ps- the question now is: can we look in interiors as they mentioned for Game 2? (move inside) tounge2.gif

those are obviously for the passengers (in the APC) and we already know cars have 3D interiors. I am worried about tank and APC crew.

The black "placeholder stuff"... I really hope it is a normal interior view and you still have to press the V key to get into zoomed view. then 3d interiors can at least be modded/patched in. But if the game engine bypasses that view completly switching between tunred out and the zoomed view (v key view in ofp) then there could be a problem...

Expect more decisions like the one not to include full 3d views as the workload for making 3d art increases. In order to make a proper normal map for the tank interior, the devs have to make both a low poly and high poly versions. I can only imagine that the high poly version of a tank interior would be quite a lot of work to do correctly. I, personally, quite enjoy making low poly models- but high poly models, I hate. It's very time consuming. I'm very interested to see what sorts of solutions the community comes up with in the face of this added complexity in mod making.

Why does everyone show the pics of the interior of this armoured car over and over again?

but it is armored?huh.gif

if they have interiors for a bmd why not tank

Because having a gunsight or periscope view makes more sense in the interior of a tank... which has periscopes and gunsights to see out... whereas a car has windows.

Also, you must consider the cost vs. reward factor. Driving a truck with a blanked out periscope type view would suck. This is not how people drive. Riding around in a tank's gunner position with a gunsight periscope view makes sense because this is how the tank's gunner station is operated. Restricting the player to a periscope view where applicable limits the amount of work the artists have to do, speeding up the process and limiting the cost of development, and impacts gameplay minimally. It is true that tank crews don't have their faces glued to their scopes, but in terms of the game, there is more reason to staple their faces to the viewer than not at this point in time.

Because having a gunsight or periscope view makes more sense in the interior of a tank... which has periscopes and gunsights to see out... whereas a car has windows.

Also, you must consider the cost vs. reward factor.  Driving a truck with a blanked out periscope type view would suck.  This is not how people drive.  Riding around in a tank's gunner position with a gunsight periscope view makes sense because this is how the tank's gunner station is operated.  Restricting the player to a periscope view where applicable limits the amount of work the artists have to do, speeding up the process and limiting the cost of development, and impacts gameplay minimally.  It is true that tank crews don't have their faces glued to their scopes, but in terms of the game, there is more reason to staple their faces to the viewer than not at this point in time.

I completely agree and is what I was getting at with my earlier posts. While I wouldn't complain if they were in, I WOULD complain if they put back the release date just to add interiors. When I am in a tank, regardless of position, I am in 'V' view 95% of the time. I really just cannot understand the crying and hysteria over this topic icon_rolleyes.gif

dRb

P.S. If you can have APCs with interiors, guess what, you can mod tanks to have them too! If people are so desperate for interiors, then just put im in when the game comes out.

Well and I completly disagree.

When I'm driving a tank in combat/danger I'm in interior view 80% of the time simply because I have wider view. The silly periscope view provides only one periscope to watch trough and only the middle one. And it is quite zoomed in. It's simply impossible to drive the tank around obstacles/friendly troops or vehicles when you're unable to see what is to your sides. And in periscope view you have to move the entire tank basis to watch to the sides and thus you can't drive forward at the same time. plus the risk of squashing friendly soft vehicles and troops that way is higher.

I think the drivers of the tanks had the interior view in elite... I think I heard at some point. Maybe this will be true in ArmA also. That said, I really do prefer the interiors. I find that they provide some procedure (like putting your face to the viewer via key command) that really fleshes out the experience. I do understand the predicament, though, and would rather BIS stay afloat than have to pay hundreds of thousands of more dollars creating the interiors of tanks.

Yes drivers have the interior view in OFP:E,as do the commanders,it is only the gunner that does not have the 'locked' view.