Sign in to follow this  
Hitcher

Space invaders mod released

My problem is just with this fucking slow control army.

Maybe a better way to use "onmapsingleclick" command?

Tell me if u know how cause that 's not working every times.

You could use the CoC Engine for controlling the army but unfortunately I can't find a working link.

Anyways you should get rid of the "Where is X?" entrys in the action menu, it's overloaded. It would be better if the units' map markers were working.

I suggest renaming the Fallout Weapons into something alien. It's not important for the rifles but for the Needler pistol firing explosives instead of flechets.

There's an option to command my soldiers as pilots into the landed motherships. I didn't try if it works but I don't think you want something like that to happen.

Maybe you want to use General Barron's custom formation script to create a new formation for the aliens.

Afterall a it's a very original mod and mission. thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]There's an option to command my soldiers as pilots into the landed motherships. I didn't try if it works but I don't think you want something like that to happen.

normaly mothership have been bolted but i didn't try if it works too.

Quote[/b] ]You could use the CoC Engine for controlling the army but unfortunately I can't find a working link.

Anyways you should get rid of the "Where is X?" entrys in the action menu, it's overloaded. It would be better if the units' map markers were working.

I would like to see someone to update this mission with better stuff.

Army's command are not very good in my mission and i suppose there are peoples able to make a better system.

Please someone make this army more reactive with order

Quote[/b] ]Maybe you want to use General Barron's custom formation script to create a new formation for the aliens.

Could you explain please ? what is general Barron custom formation script?

I'm going to see that

Edit: Thank you ofpdeadeye wink_o.gif

Very cool mod, Hitcher. You have some very original ideas for mods, keep it up.

I have made some very small enhancements to the included mission. From the readme:

Quote[/b] ]- Removed actions to locate friendly units

- Added a loop to automatically update friendly unit markers every 5 seconds

- Added a marker to show the player's position (HQ)

- Units now report "Moving out" when given a move order

- Changed the name of each unit to give a basic overview of unit type

> Space Invaders (Small Enhancements) <

Will you be adding any unit types? I'd love to see some big, nastly alien walkers.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next smile_o.gif

Thank you Tacrod for your update

YES I'm going to work on a new sectank cause i have some ideas with my garden 's microcosmos lol!

I've squeezed the CoC Engine v1.22 into your mission.

- added one Machine Gunner

- replaced one Apache by a Cobra

- changed starting positions of the groups

- reorganized the groups for better control

Space Invaders CoC

Additional Addon needed:

USMC Symbols

CoC Player Manual

CoC isn't compatibel with ECP Mod!

EDIT:

General Barron's Custom Formation script was available at OFPEC. You can create new group formations in missions with it. That way the E.Ts won't have to walk around in the human wedge formation.

Lol Thank you Trapper for this release, this CoC engine is complicated but interresting

It's the most thought out onmapsingleclick unit control script I know.

To keep things simple the basic CoC controls are:

ALT + Left Click a marker - Select unit

SHIFT + Left Click anywhere - Move order for the selected unit

Here is a new space unit, a cyborg E.T version very strong (something like a boss).

Download it:

HERE

c1.jpg

Cool dude ,they needed strong shock troops badly. smile_o.gif

Now we need falling meteorites to give the old WOTW effect. Anyone know how to spawn a hellfire or other missile and have it hit the ground at a slant? Like to have it high in the sky befor detention.

Hey mate you going to make the War of the World Walkers the one with Tom Cruise in it love to send those things to heck

CoC isn't compatibel with ECP Mod!

Actually, COC's excellent Command Engine *is* compatible with ECP, but you have to pre-disable ECP's Helo Coms and AI Join options by editing your ecp_settings.sqf file. After you set these options to 'false' then try launching OFP and they should play nice. Apparently this is due to the use of onSingleMapClick in both CE and ECP. I forget which OFP guru originally posted this, otherwise I'd give credit where credit is due.

Since CE worked so well, I decided not to stop there and also added COC's UA1.1 + Tomahawks + DKM's new Paladin which was UBER cool! It was fun, but made the game almost too easy, at least for attacking the grounded ships. We could add some counter-artillery or add an artillery detect script (which is probably already in some COC function) then some of the aliens can hunt your arty down and stick their anal probes in it!

Ahh the possibilities are endless!!!!

Good job Hitcher, on a real nice set of addons!

- Cyto wink_o.gif

The spidertank looks like the Wild Wild West Spider.... very nice smile_o.gif