Sign in to follow this  
Rommel

Aussie Map || RVR Campaspe

screenrz0.jpg

The release of this island is mainly for those who want to play with Australian Addons and on a similar enviroment to that of an Australian Area. Its idea's and location is similar to that of East Trentham in Victoria, Australia.

http://www.google.com/local?i....55&om=1

This is the area its based on, theres similarities but I didnt focus to much on making the map to reallistic in regard to its location. tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

Its not perfect, roads dont meet eachother in some areas, and the Kangaroo sign is also got a problem with LODs as you cant shoot it/ and can run through it. thumbs-up.gif

But overall it has a great Aussie feel to it and has lots of paddocks with fences which are great to get caught in with the enemy sitting on the outside ripping you up with a PKM. whistle.gif

http://adfmod.opflashpoint.org/downloads/RVR_campaspe.rar

Addons Needed:

http://www.flashpoint.ru/addons....&id=518

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd....wer.zip

(Uwar Grass 1.2 and Water Tower and Shed reworked by WIPMAN)

Kangaroo Sign (included in addon RVR_campaspe.rar, by [iF] Liam.)

Note: Feel Free to release on other websites. wink_o.gif

Nice work. Did u include Kyneton so I can blow up my school tounge2.gif

Anyway, Nice work. Made home

I didnt see any koalas, but i got 2 shots of some roo's on 1 of the roads biggrin_o.gif

kangaroosigns.jpg

kangaroosign2s.jpg

note: Kangaroo's not included in island pbo.

haha, nah, its 5x5km, small but it was only for private use at first, but instead I thought why not let other people play with it aswell, I am going to make a more detailed and more location reallistic map of somewhere nearby soon enough, yes batdog I'll make a special map for you so you can blow your school, just you make the school and send it to me k? wink_o.gif

smile_o.gif

No Koalas yet, unfortunately due to OFP engine bugs they fall out of the trees and thats a dead KOALA! huh.gifsad_o.gif (for those who do want to know no there isnt any actual Koalas but there is Kangaroos by the ADFmod soon to be released, and of course theres CSJs Rabbit addon. wink_o.gif )

haha, nah, its 5x5km, small but it was only for private use at first, but instead I thought why not let other people play with it aswell, I am going to make a more detailed and more location reallistic map of somewhere nearby soon enough, yes batdog I'll make a special map for you so you can blow your school, just you make the school and send it to me k?  wink_o.gif

smile_o.gif

No Koalas yet, unfortunately due to OFP engine bugs they fall out of the trees and thats a dead KOALA!  huh.gif  sad_o.gif (for those who do want to know no there isnt any actual Koalas but there is Kangaroos by the ADFmod soon to be released, and of course theres CSJs Rabbit addon.  wink_o.gif )

Hurray.

Just had a quick go at this map. Quite kool. Reminded me of the area. Now I'm going to fly across the map in a Toyota Ute with music playing loud.

Just another screenshot of the radio station on Red Hill (its actual name) in the SE of the island.

screen2pl4.jpg

The Kangaroo's will be realeased very soon, just makeing the Readme (waiting for Goldsmack to confirm credits)

The Kangaroo's will be realeased very soon, just makeing the Readme (waiting for Goldsmack to confirm credits)

Are the Roos Shootable? biggrin_o.gif

Yeh, and they taste like good old AUSSIE BEEF, cept a little smudge different, more... native like rofl.gif

You evil bastard lol tounge2.gif

But yes, they are shootable. I didnt shoot any to find that out, i swear whistle.gif

I hit 1 with a car instead help.gif

You evil bastard lol tounge2.gif

But yes, they are shootable. I didnt shoot any to find that out, i swear whistle.gif

I hit 1 with a car instead help.gif

AHAHA, Thats the more probable death most local Kanga's anyway tounge2.gif

anyway, u'd be in trouble from the RSPCA if you did shoot em! yay.gif

and the cops.

Remenber boys. Use the hunting rifle. We might be spending the week in the cop shop if we use a AK or any other illegal weapons.  tounge2.gif

well you'll be able to blow the cops up in an ARH Tiger soon enough....

If that's what floats your boat

and the cops.

Remenber boys. Use the hunting rifle. We might be spending the week in the cop shop if we use a AK or any other illegal weapons. tounge2.gif

Ummm... is an AW50 gonna cause any problems smile_o.gif

are you sure introducing the csj rabbit to this island is a good idea? it might cause some ecological problems down the road

On a technical note, the Kangaroo sign is currently got LOD problems because the geometry is to thin, either way its being fixed and we'll release the fixed .pbo soon (200kb FYI.. not much)

Nice island! I really like the overall feeling, but still i can´t believe that you´ve got so many trees growing on major streets over there (counted 3 so far) tounge2.gif

Mirror @ofpc.de

RVR_campaspe.rar; 2.3 MB

Made a small mission with this island, basically patroling the island like a sightseeing tour with some gimmicks added to it.

Download below:

wip1.jpgwip2.jpg

required Addons:

Quote[/b] ]

-CSJ Rabbits

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9254

-ADF Troops & SASR v1.1

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7428

-RVR Campaspe

http://ofpc.de/files/addons/RVR_campaspe.rar

-Nim Mod Dynamic Weather Pack

ftp://www.gamepark.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/NIM_Weather_1.6.rar

-Colonel Klinks Fishing Boats

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=5948

(no FX version):

same as above minus CWK & NIM addons

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'>Download Operation: ´roo Avenger</span> - (200kb)

edit: added filesizes

Well just on a background note, this whole area and around it was all heavy forested area till the settlers came, chopped it all down and made farmland, they left tonnes of patches around and most of the trees are along fences and road sides. (which also usually have small mounds on the side)

EDIT: Aye, I have ran into some of them myself, mmm they are hazard, but in real life they usually lay across the road... so lets improvise nener.gif

Quote[/b] ]are you sure introducing the csj rabbit to this island is a good idea? it might cause some ecological problems down the road

nothing some good ol' DDT tracks wont fix

DDT has been outlawd in australia, however that what guns are for pistols.gif

Nice work guys, very good resemblance of the area.

I hope your next map is on Nogova/Afganistan scale, that would do our landscape justice.

BTW I had a look at the new screens on your website, everything else looks great too, though IMO the light brown still seems a bit incandecent (esp on the Tiger), too much yellow and not a touch of dusty pink, I think. But thats just my opinion.

Keep it up!

I get a missing Icon error when i open up the mission editor map list, I think this is possibly from a config error, I like this map though, it gives a nice open country feel. biggrin_o.gif

If you have played the game Deer Hunter 2005 they have a nice Australia map, maybe that would help as far as seeing how an other game has set out an Australian style open environment. smile_o.gif

Rommel has made the map of an area near where he goes to school, and its very accurate to aussie conditions. smile_o.gif