Sign in to follow this  
Al Simmons

Fish, does someone smell it?

While walking on the new Mapfact Nogova i found a small pool of water. It is looking that nice that i decided to make a fish addon for it.

Back to the truth: If you want more fishes please vote Yes, otherwise the next fishes are made for Cast Away Mod.

BTW: If you use Transparent water you can let them swim in the shallow coastal waters.

Download here

And here some Pics for you.

barsch1.JPG

Do your fishy´s swim around independently or do i have to place ´em into the pond and add something into init line ?

Though you could also use a script similar to the one included with CSJ:s rabbits, where the rabbit chooses randomly one of 10 game logics (waypoints) and travels to it.

Hell, there's a pond in the new mapfact Nogova? TO THE DOWNLOAD-MOBILE!

lool coool..

i cant find the pond  sad_o.gif   [got a grid ref?]

:edit: love the title lmao rofl.gif

Hm thats an good idea Dynamite_cow. I think i will add this feature to the next fishes.

@Matt

Its located @ Hi 34 south of a small road.

Nice job but please watch your filesizes smile_o.gif

Looks like a Perch, my favourite fish to catch smile_o.gif

hehe, gone fishing in ofp rofl.gif

i have one idea too...

maybe it's possible to kill fish in the water and after death it could float on the water, what do you think?

P.S. smart fishermans could just through grenade into the water and go take floating bodys rofl.gif

about the floating idea, sorry but i have not the scripting skills to do that, but maybe somebody who read this can help.

Original Model and Textures by Shinkansen.

Next fish alpha screenshot of the shark.

sharkhu0.jpg

Thats pretty neat.

Btw where did you get that SCUBA addon? wink_o.gif

From the shark screen it looks as if you're under water, Al...

I bet that's what Chipper means (because it wouldn't be too comfortable to use an M-16 as snorkel I guess.. rofl.gif

Edit: If you don't see it right away, the illusion, if it is an illusion, is created by the pattern of green on the ground - looks like reflections from a water surface above. wink_o.gif

I voted in favor of the fishy business! biggrin_o.gif

Hm it is just a normal green ground texture. But i will make a big waterpool for those who cant or wont use transparent water.

hmmm something is smelling very fishy in here! rofl.gifrofl.gif

Great addon, now if they would only bite the fkn bait you could actually fish for food, and that would heal you or something...

could also make crocodiles! or sharks! crazy_o.gif

Hm crocs would look very strange because the fishes arent animated, its just a trick with hiddenselections.

fishesof9.jpg

Hmm, if you make a large (and deep) pond, you could simulate swimming/diving around it with a lil' script. Basically it would give you velocity upwards (philcommando made a leap script where your movement speed remained as is and only the movement upwards was controlled) all the time, but slowly. Then, once the player reaches the surface (the height of the object, I assume it's just a big green thingy in a big hole) the player would stay at his current height, or maybe even go slowly back down, though he'd remain at the surface going up n down like in reality. Brings me the question which I should actually post into Mission Editing but it's somewhat related to this addon: Is it possible to check the altitude of an object? Also, you couldn't move around in the water unless in the bottom of the lake, but you could give an action menu command for swimming forward and move normally in the bottom like in real world.

Now, no-one propably understood a word of that but at least I have it written up somewhere.

Looks great, can't wait to harpoon 'em, diving script or not!

Hello mates this time i ve added a peacy fish and 3 Predators to our bautiful gameworld. Users of the first Fish addon should simply copy the new .pbo over the old one. Have a nice day, while fishing.

Shark Model and Textures by Shinkansen, thx mate.

DOWNLOAD FISH2.rar

Fishpack2.JPG