Sign in to follow this  
Lockheed Martin-ch

Sniping-Jacks Mapfact Nogova2

yeahh...umm except i had -nomap always... and ive tried setting OFP usage from 512... all the way to 912MB! still same crap.

what is this... i wont be able to use Nogova 2 with any addons?? except for maybe a select 10 banghead.gifconfused_o.gif

Ouch. Installed the map and attempted to load it, as soon as I tried, immediate CTD, no error message. Then I deleted the files for the map, and now there is no nogova in the map editor menu! I put all the files back that were deleted, and same thing. Looks like something went terribly wrong... think it's time for a reinstall, hehe.

Indeed. The Noe.pbo REPLACES your original Nogova with the edited one, which is all well and good, until you come to play MP and then you're completely stuffed as you/the other players, unless they're also using the replacement, will be warping all over the place in certain areas, due to the difference in terrain height, not to mention the different placement of objects affecting movement (they will be able to walk through buildings etc).

As a result, you have to be really careful about what files you install, or put it in its own mod-folder as the readme.txt suggests.

OMG! Anybody who's installing Nogova2 WITHOUT reading the readme should be wrestled all day long around his house - really!

All files are well prepared and there's noting to do but to copy and to activate it by a launcher.

I'm afraid that hardly any ppl has read the readme and they wildly picked out the files and placed them somewhere without any plan. So there's no wonder about error messages and CTDs. -> RTFM!   crazy_o.gif

I've been playing now the island with so many different MODs and Addons together in SP and MP and never i've got any problems! And of course many other ppl do the same without any problems, too. So you can answer by yourself where the problem is. whistle.gif

And hey, it should be also clear like glass that ANYBODY have to use Noe2 in MP or NOBODY! And it's sooo easy when you use a MOD folder as suggested in the readme.

Does really so many people don't use any launcher to start OFP? I just can't believe it. It's so much easy - just set a check mark to the "@MAP_Noe2" folder and the replacement will start, remove the check mark and all will be original again! There's not one reason to delete and reinstall any file!

Dammed, there are really many people outside there who obviously has not any clue about OFP after so many years....*shaking my head*  confused_o.gif

Probably many ppl that did read the readme, don't post... and many ppl probably don't even get on the BIS forums, only on the sites where the files are distributed, so hence you always get the idea there is a lot of complaints or many ppl that don't read readme's etc...

But fact is... you don't know, cause mainly complainers will post their story smile_o.gif

Anyways... It's all very nice that you played the Island with many different mods etc (only 1 at a time probably), while a modfolder can even be up to 400mb+.. but if you only use a certain amount of the units/vehicles, let's say 80mb, then it is no comparison at all.. cause you will have to count the 80mb, and not the other unused 320mb, since they only get memory mapped when they are needed, but I guess you can understand that yourself aswell smile_o.gif

Anyway.. try multiple different addons in different missions and/or side(east/west) after eachother, without restarting the game (yes yes, restarting the game after each map played, we can all do that, but the list we have to do to play with this Island is getting very huge this way: Not so many addons, put your ingame lod/quality, texture sizes and many more things a lot lower etc. etc, next will be restarting game after 1-2 missions). Or do you always loadup 1 or 2 addon folders at a time and keep restarting game etc. after 1-2 missions?

Btw, not everyone is as good in things as someone else is, it's nice to find it weird that some ppl are still "stupid" after so many years OFP, well same can be said about you, who reports a total in use memory instead of how much memory OFP-on itself uses..

Not trying to make a flame or anything, but each has his own specialities and we can't all be good in everything we do, so such complain and "stupid" posts are to be expected when releasing such project smile_o.gif (Left out that most ppl are too lazy, and I hate to give support to those ppl aswell, so that part I can understand smile_o.gif)

Running it with FFUR and it is fantastic biggrin_o.gif

Usually getting a fairly good frame rate~

Intel Pentium 4

3.4GHz

512MB RAM

GeForce 6600

Soundblaster Audigy 4

Have roughly 3GB of addons.

BUT usually OFP can really be a bit of a pig on my computer - happy to say that it's working just as well as before even with the new island. smile_o.gif

On a more personal note, there are a few areas I don't agree with - not to say aren't done really, really well - but I personally would have different. Mostly the use of CWC houses, the large number of ruined buildings. I personally also think the antenna on the hill to the west of Lipany should have remained an antenna, just for an example. Also the bridge going along the outline of the coast: just seems a little unrealistic. But, hell, I've tried creating roads through the Nogovan mountains - with OFP's cells so large, it makes for quite a mess. But, yeah, those are just personal thoughts, and definitely aren't supposed to detract from what really is a fantastic job smile_o.gif

If I don't like something, I can go change it myself.

Im trying to Run it with DXdll and my favorite Y2K3 MOD

maybe thats why tounge2.gif

I cant immagine playing flashpoint without them crazy_o.gif

@Sickboy:

After trying to support many days and after support of many other ppl here i finally lost my patient. But definately not because of "silliness" (I not called anybody silly! ) but because of some lazy bones.

And in second i'm not complaining about special things but i'm hardly understand when ppl complaining about the island after injuring the most basic and best known things in OFP.

And you must agree that i HAVE been very patient in the past.

Yes, nobody is without failures, I know that. But I'm just a human being, too. There is a border until I can keep my patient.   confused_o.gif

Well, let's stop here. I know that some ppl try to get "all" into their OFP. But hey, that never has been possible ever and I cannot make that possible, too. In normal case the island runs fine and there's no need to leave out too many other addons.

Please think about that many addons are really little monsters, too. Built up with a huge poly count and huge textures. I don't wonder why some ppl cannot run both. They have to choose what they want: Some pretty and maybe overdosed units or a detailled (and maybe overdosed, too) island. Fullstopp. wink_o.gif

They have to choose what they want: Some pretty and maybe overdosed units or a detailled (and maybe overdosed, too) island. Fullstopp. wink_o.gif

You are right m8, I came to the same conclussion a bit a go, but still have/had silent hopes you know smile_o.gif

I'll send you some post cards from Symbiot Malden and DAC Missions filled with many many different hi-res units etc ;-)

Anyway, thank you very much for the support etc, and you indeed have been very patient! I admire and respect that a lot smile_o.gif

Keep up the great work, hope the baby gets roling in ArmA aswell (drool drool biggrin_o.gif)

@ all mission designers - especially to the ones who are probably doing that on Nogova2:

visit our  MAPFACT Page, raedor has released a new MAP_Misc addon with a new "ID-Finder".

The basic was made by "SKY", it's very useful and it comes with several filters.  smile_o.gif

Yes, thank you for this great island. I find myself using noe2 more and more and haven't had any problems... Last night I was using it with Hitchers new spaceinvaders addons under the mapfact weaponspack mod (ECP edition). Grrrrrrrrrreat stuff! So far, I haven't had any problems with AI getting stuck, etc.

Missions under the ffureuro mod also look REAL nice on noe2, so do missions under WGL5!!!

Good job sniping-jack!!!

notworthy.gif

how do i place objects from the map in the editor? i cant seem to find em

You can't place objects from Mapfact Nogova2 in the mission editor. They are not supposed for this usage. We also don't update the config file to make it possible because we would have to include all 370 objects, not only the ones with animations.

Just discovered this after yet another OFP revival of obsession(prob about my 7th now lol)

I was shocked to see i never found this before, this is quite simply stunning, pushing ofp to the limits, its amazing thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps get some battles going on near the bridge its simply awsum

Better late than never: Thanks for the flowers! :)

Nice to read that the island was being used for such a long time.

Is there anybody out there which is still playing OFP and using Nogova2?

I'm just curious... :)

;1773025']Better late than never: Thanks for the flowers! :)

Nice to read that the island was being used for such a long time.

Is there anybody out there which is still playing OFP and using Nogova2?

I'm just curious... :)

One of the best maps for Ofp. Right now I'm in the middle of Resistance campaign while using Nogova 2. Years ago when it was released my computer couldn't afford running this map due to huge load of objects etc. Right now after a rig upgrade I can freely play on this map;)

guys i did't find any link of this addon,can anyone tell me link for this addon.

It's a bit hard, indeed. But Google is still your friend. ;)

Still available for DL in Mapfact-Archive is the needed Oil-Addon and the MAP-Misc.

I've tested it right now and it worx.

You know the stuff, you can't get rid of this required addons.

What I didn't found in web: "Resistance@Noe2" which is the adapted campaign.

Maybe one of the chaps here still owns it and mails it to you? It isn't required

but it's still a great campaign! It would be super if we could get it back somehow.

Some suggestions for enhancement:

Dig for the latest ECP-MOD! It boosts up the experience incredibly!

Playing on Noe2 is different. The enemy can be hidden everywhere.

But if you are quiet, you might hear them first, befor you get spotted.

The ECP adds a lot of nice acustics - including russina talk and human noises.

This could save your live! ;)

Another enhancement is DxDLL which puts water-reflections in and some

other nice effects. Recommended for optics!

Another great MOD is this weather-MOD which creates 3D-clouds and even

snow or falling leaves. Very, very nice! Unfortunately I forgot its name, but

I'm sure, one of the dudes here will remember it. :)

Edit: "Llauma2" is the name of this beautiful MOD.

But all important things are packed in the DL already.

So all things you need to run basicly is still available.

Note: all those enhancements I've talked about were running at the same

time on my old Notebook in 2006. So it means, it's tested, it runs.

And to go on the save side you still should have a clean installation running

on a propper OS with not too many unnecessary tasks in the background.

Please be aware that OFP still has it's memory limit. So you possibly can't

increase the sight-range to 5000m despite of your brandnew Rig.

Just a small calculation:

- Original Nogova: ~177.000 Objects

- My Nogova2: ~770.000 Objects

BUT: about 500.000 Objects are clutters!

That means: Noe2 contains about 2.000.000 single objects - maybe even more!

This is a hard job even for actual machines - at least I could imagine that.

However, Noe2 can't compete any longer with any actual island from BIS or

any other Gaming-World out there. It's ancient and outdated. Nevertheless it

could be a nice feeling like luxuriating in old memories. And, I really do

believe so if the campaign should get recovered, you could get stuck in

extremely captivating missions and you forget all the ancient content.

However, I hope you will have some nice hours on Nogova2! :)

Cheers

Jack

Edited by Sniping-Jack [BIA]
typo

Yep, I encountered some flaws and facepalms while playing the vanilla Res campaign on MapNoe2. I was wondering if there is an adaptation of Resistance campaign ???

Hel,l you can even play CSLA2 on Map2Noe, some missions go perfectly with it ;)

The vanilla campaign should fail in some missions. So it would be fine to get the adapted one back somehow. I know I have it on DVD but I'm in the middle of a long lasting relocation act so I can't access those DVDs. So my hope is that anybody out there has it und could spread it to those guys. :)

And of course any other mission/campaign from Nogova would work either perfectly as it is or after some tweaks of the start positions. If the units should start within any new object they will get stuck of course.

Oh! If the mission uses IDs from map it would fail also. It needs to get adapted to the new IDs.

But all other _should_ run. :)

;1773926']It's a bit hard' date=' indeed. But Google is still your friend. ;)

Still available for DL in Mapfact-Archive is the needed Oil-Addon and the MAP-Misc.

I've tested it right now and it worx.

You know the stuff, you can't get rid of this required addons.

What I didn't found in web: "Resistance@Noe2" which is the adapted campaign.

Maybe one of the chaps here still owns it and mails it to you? It isn't required

but it's still a great campaign! It would be super if we could get it back somehow.

Some suggestions for enhancement:

Dig for the latest ECP-MOD! It boosts up the experience incredibly!

Playing on Noe2 is different. Sthe enimy can be hidden everywhere.

Butr if you are quiet, you might hear them first, befor you get spotted.

The ECP adds a lot of nice acustics - including russina talk and human noises.

This could save your live! ;)

Another enhancement is DxDLL which puts water-reflections in and some

other nice effects. Recommended for optics!

Another great MOD is this weather-MOD which creates 3D-clouds and even

snow or falling leaves. Very, very nice! Unfortunately I forgot its name, but

I'm sure, one of the dudes here will remember it. :)

Edit: "Llauma2" is the name of this beautiful MOD.

But all important things are packed in the DL already.

So all things you need to run basicly is still available.

Note: all those enhancements I've talked about were running at the same

time on my old Notebook in 2006. So it means, it's tested, it runs.

And to go on the save side you still should have a clean installation running

on a propper OS with not too many unnecessary tasks in the background.

Please be aware that OFP still has it's memory limit. So you possibly can't

increase the sight-range to 5000m despite of your brandnew Rig.

Just a small calculation:

- Original Nogova: ~177.000 Objects

- My Nogova2: ~770.000 Objects

BUT: about 500.000 Objects are clutters!

That means: Noe2 contains about 2.000.000 single objects - maybe even more!

This is a hard job even for actual machines - at least I could imagine that.

However, Noe2 can't compete any longer with any actual island from BIS or

any other Gaming-World out there. It's ancient and outdated. Nevertheless it

could be a nice feeling like luxuriating in old memories. And, I really do

believe so if the campaign should get recovered, you could get stuck in

extremely captivating missions and you forget all the ancient content.

However, I hope you will have some nice hours on Nogova2! :)

Cheers

Jack

man provide direct links, i can't understand language there?

for these addons.

Oil-Addon and the MAP-Misc.

Okay, here we go: I've talked to the "Archive-Admin" and ther was a tiny mistake in the links to all Noe2-content.

Now ALL needed content is DLable again - even the missed campaign. :)

Sniping-Jack's Mapfact Nogova2 with all content

Have fun!

PS: Don't forget to DL the DC3-Pack if you plan missions.

It contains a special "Noe-Wings" version of this beautiful oldie. :)