Sign in to follow this  
Gorgi Knootewoot

invasion 44

This was the 2nd mod i had interest in about 3 years ago. But i forgot all about it. What is the status of this mod? Any release? I found some links but they are all dead.

The mod is still alive and working on finishing Phase 1. Many of its members just had to take a pause due to real life issues (exams, work, etc.).

the mod isnt down, if you had just went to ofp.info and clicked the I44 link, and theirs for their forum, you would see it's not. they are working hard

they are working hard...

...on real life issues, not on the mod atm.

we haven't seen anything released in three years or so.

Link

P.S. Eagerly awaiting the flood of mods from people who have criticized the mod before, and talk like they can do things better/faster nener.gif

OMG this tiger tank is FABULOUS. I love it.

-when it has exploded, the wreck lookes AWESOME

-Even when destroyed, you can still enter the tank in all 3 positions.

WOO, i downloaded it and placed it in all of my multiplayers maps for LAN parties.

Actually it`s not a tank from i44 this tank is made by Klallo from Italian WW2 mod wink_o.gif

Klallo left I44 a long time ago and so did his Tiger, later on the mods tried to work together with some other mods as well.

That didn`t speed things up tounge2.gif

If they want to release something then they better release Marfy`s tanks after 3 years biggrin_o.gif

Actually it`s not a tank from i44 this tank is made by Klallo from Italian WW2 mod wink_o.gif

Klallo left I44 a long time ago and so did his Tiger, later on the mods tried to work together with some other mods as well.

That didn`t speed things up tounge2.gif

If they want to release something then they better release Marfy`s tanks after 3 years biggrin_o.gif

Your constant apathy for (and bickering about) the invasion44 mod is becoming extremely tiring. If you don’t like the mod (or in your case, a large contingent of its members) then please deal with it in some way other then what you’re doing right now.

Klallo’s tiger is an official invasion44 addon. It was released as an official ‘invasion44: Italian front’ addon, who were formerly known as ‘The Italian WW2 mod team’. They merged with the invasion44 team some time ago.

Arch.

In line with the "constructive criticism" that the moderators of this quite serious (in most cases anyway) forum promote, I will give you an example of a constructive, non-biased, non-trolling mindset.

It is the reply of someone who asked me several questions about the mod, and, contrary to a troll, got serious answers:

Quote[/b] ]Hello there,

First off, I really want to thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

There is a lot more going on than just tanks, and if it weren't for the other team members I am sure such tanks wouldn't be too useful in the first place.

Don't worry, I understand what priorities this mod has and I know that the KT is the least of your worries.

I just wanted to make sure that those King Tigers were still around, I've admired it (although it does have its faults) ever since I was little just because of the sheer size of it as well as unique design. That's a shame that only the model and exterior was worked on, but there's always time for that.

I hope that once the time comes for it, the tank will be revived.

I look forward to the interview, and please, you guys deserve all the time you need when it comes to your work. A lot of people seem to forget how much it does take for all of this to happen, especially since every single team mate puts their own time into these addons/scripts/islands..

I hope the best for you and the rest of the team.

Thanks again for the reply!

People that ask questions in a normal way, and don't troll the mod on forums and sites are quite in danger of getting normal answers, as may suprise many. Calling team members "names" in forums got you banned. We have better things to do then to listen to unconstructive whining all day long.

About Marfy (since most people seem to believe that Invasion 1944 only consists of Marfy):

Quote[/b] ]We don't know what happened to Marfy. We lost contact with him several months ago and haven't heard anything since. Luckily we have all tanks except for the Sherman Firefly, but we have no means of finishing them all (only tanks that were actively used in the operations that our campaigns are based on will be finished first).

Marfy never actually completed any tank. They may look pretty from the outside, but they lack interiours and quite possibly even lods.

Quote[/b] ]We never publicly answered these questions partially to stop the narrowminded thinking of Inv 44 being just Marfy and his tanks, and not all of the other members such as Marcel, Winters and Iuka that did far more on the Market Garden project then Marfy. One of the other reasons is that most team info is confidential, and the status of one single team member is irrelevant to the status of the project. Screenshots, interviews, videos and other promotional activities are relevant.

Marfy is a great artist, but a pretty screenshot does not equal a finished, ready for release, addon.

More info will be in the upcoming OFP.info interview.

Quote (AfrographX @ April 18 2006,16:39)

It's a nice addon but why is Inv44 releasing their mod as single addons now?

I suppose it is because Italian Front is the expansion to Inv 44 and not the mod itself. Otherwise the addons would be shelved.

try again wink_o.gif

So its very likely that we wont see most of Marfys tanks? . If thats the case then its very sad since those the most beautiful tanks ive seen so far . But I have full confident in the inv44 team and I know we wont be dissapointed when Phase 1 finally released .

But whats the status of the Eastern Front and Road To Cassino mod ? , they have been even more quiet than the inv44 team .

So its very likely that we wont see most of Marfys tanks? . If thats the case then its very sad since those the most beautiful tanks ive seen so far . But I have full confident in the inv44 team and I know we wont be dissapointed when Phase 1 finally released .

But whats the status of  the Eastern Front and  Road To Cassino mod ? , they have been even more quiet than the inv44 team .

They were put on the shelf whilst Market Garden was being "finished up" (And since ive left I havnt seen much come out fro mthe doors, but, theres alot of shit behind the doors so fear not smile_o.gif )

@Shadowy

For the love of god stop whining, thats all you ever did at me and JDB on the Inv44 forums!

Klallo released the Tiger under I44, he had a small statement asking to release it as such, and he IS still apart of I44, hes just very busy nowdays (This statement was on the team forums, I know no longer if it is still around, but someone in the team "should" remember it being in a thread)

Wildo

But whats the status of the Eastern Front and Road To Cassino mod ? , they have been even more quiet than the inv44 team .

Well, I personally would like to see some of Marfy's tanks finished after the release of Phase 1, in a patch, but that is just a personal wish. Along with that there might be a map upgrade with new buildings, if we have time to do so. Every member of the team has mixed feelings about the map, objectwise, but we do not have the time to fix these issues.

Eastern Front is "dead", as none of the members that used to make up Eastern Front are active anymore except for me, though I got posted to Eastern Front after they joined Inv 44. It's one of many projects that we would like to finish if we could find the people to help us finish them.

The Road To Cassino = Invasin 1944: Italian Front. It is on hold until the 2 (IIRC) active members return from other social duties.

The main focus once everyone returns from vacation or other stuff it is they are doing, will be to finish Phase 1, all side projects are on hold for now.

Current memberlist:

Marcel (addons)

Winters (missions)

SFG (site, some animations)

Iuka (coding)

Ed (missions)

Joffre (missions)

Vex (addons)

Me (addons)

With so few people it's very hard to finish Phase 1, not to mention all of the Marfy tanks that everyone wants to see finished (including me at some point).

Edit: seems an appropriate time to post this, will probably post in the future as well, with Armed Assault hopefully bringing some new people in:

[Click]

Eastern Front ISNT dead seeing as im still working on the models tounge2.gif Although I did lose aload of models in my recent infection (It managed to wipe the bloody USB key so I lost all my "special files" mad_o.gif )

But I still do have a semi completed ZIS-5 Truck with a ZIS-5V on the way.

Does this mean I can say "Want Willy back"? smile_o.gifrofl.gif

Wildo

you lose a lot of addons whistle.gifwink_o.gif

btw, i hope, you'll finish your phase1, and that we will be able to see the famous tanks of Marfy smile_o.gif

you lose a lot of addons  whistle.gif   wink_o.gif

btw, i hope, you'll finish your phase1, and that we will be able to see the famous tanks of Marfy  smile_o.gif

34 Models smile_o.gif Mainly Russian and German tanks confused_o.gif

Wildo

it's really sad.  sad_o.gif  good courage, to remake them  smile_o.gif

Courage? PHA! Call it unemployment rofl.gif Its more so a task of refinding all the blueprints again confused_o.gif

Anyway, yes... less of the thread hijacking biggrin_o.gif

Wildo

Depending on how long ago it is and what you have done with it afterwards, I might have a freeware tool to try to recover them...

Depending on how long ago it is and what you have done with it afterwards, I might have a freeware tool to try to recover them...

Oh it has been a long long time, and the laptops been reformatted too many times since then, ive already tried with a friends recovering software tool sad_o.gif

Just means I can make the models alot better than I had already anyway smile_o.gif

Wildo